Tuesday, November 03, 2015

My Thoughts On Scientology

I'll be honest.  I don't get it.

But I like {not love} Leah Remini. I mean, we own the whole box set of "King of Queens" for crying out loud!  I was 'Carrie' in another life and Wayne was 'Doug'! I mean, Doug worked for IPS!  Wayne works for UPS! They both drive brown trucks! Although I don't consider myself as "harsh" as Carrie, Wayne and I love singing the sitcom song together!  "Cause, Baby, all my life I will be driving home to you!"  I just love that! They are "us." "We" are them.  So that's why I like {not love} Leah Remini.

So since I like Leah {not love}, I was interested in what she had to say about leaving the Church of Scientology.  Let me clarify that all the information I've read has come from Twitter {perferably People}.  I did not watch her interview on GMA, nor do I plan to read her book. But from what I've read so far, she seems to be bashing Tom Cruise really, really bad.  Like, ALOT!  I'm no longer a Tom Cruise fan, but it seems to me, that if you're stepping away from something like this, you should be blasting Scientology and not a fellow actor.  I'll be honest, all her Cruise bashing sounds like it's coming from a disgruntled person. I have yet to fully understand exactly WHY she decided to leave the church.  And I could research all that and figure it out for myself, but I'd rather do 5th grade homework.

Because after all, I like Leah Remini {not love}.

I see now that I should have titled this post, I Like Leah Remini {Not Love} because I shared absolutely NOTHING about my actual thoughts on Scientology.

Except, I will say this.  I don't believe in it. From what I've read in the past, Scientology promotes "the self" when God's Word specifically tells us, "If anyone wishes to come after Me, he must deny himself, and take up his cross daily and follow Me. {Luke 9:23} Scientologists claim to believe in God, but He is not considered to be the One, True God. All of this makes me think of how "easy" it is for me to believe the way I do.  I grew up in the Bible Belt in a loving, Christian home with two parents that are still married. How "easy" is it for Hollywood to believe the way they do? Just look at their surroundings! Money, fame. Some actors have that "see what I've done" mentality, so I understand how it could be easy to fall into the "all about me" trap of Scientology. It makes me admire those celebrites who can step away from the lime light even more.

Because I have no desire to get into a religious debate with anyone, all comments to this post have been turned off.