Wednesday, October 14, 2015

The Time I Bought 3 Pairs of Shoes in 3 Days

Don't hate me because I'm not a shoe girl.  That's right. You read right. I'm not a shoe girl.

Now, don't get me wrong!  I DO wear shoes, but I don't have a closet full of boxes and boxes stacked to the ceiling. I have my fair share of boots for fall and heels for work and flip flops and wedges for the summer, but I'd much rather have a new purse or blouse than a new pair of shoes.  That's just me.

Having said that, I wanted to tell you about the time last week when I bought THREE pairs of shoes in THREE days!! I kinda thought I was on the verge of a shoe vettish! It felt weird. But last week was kinda a big deal for me because I haven't bought a pair of shoes since the beginning of June when I purchased a pair of Michael Kors flip flops only to not be able to wear them a week later, because Felicia ruled my summer! Oh, and I'm excluding the pair of knee boots I bought a few weeks ago that struck up the rated PG-21 conversation that I still haven't posted about between me and my husband about Lita Ford. Those don't count. Just saying.

I've been kicking myself for a few years because I didn't get the Sam Edelman booties I fell in love with at Nordstrom's.  I've looked everywhere for them and just my luck, they are no where to be found. I finally found a similar pair at Express last Thursday night. Or, well, Alise actually found them for me. Wayne wanted to get a hair cut at the mall before we left for Dallas, so Alise and I walked across to Express and she said, "Oh, moma!  Look at those booties!"  They were up on a high self and I fell in love.  After trying them on, I took them to the register, but they weren't on sale, however, the guy gave me 20% off anyway!  How awesome was that?! BAM! Moma has new booties!!


My booties are not quite as brown as these and the heel's a little higher than I wanted, but I love the leather straps and the suede look! Alise asked me when I was paying for them, "Moma, are you going to let me wear these?  You know, since I can wear a size seven now, too?" The answer was no.

Two days later, while we were in Dallas, Annie and I headed to the shoe section at Nordstrom's {still looking for those Sam Edelman booties} while Wayne took Alise ice skating.  I bought TWO more pairs of shoes! I bought the Sam Edelman leopard flats - that I've had my eye on for years, even before Sheaffer started swooning over them {Just for the record, I saw them in Belk in Tuscaloosa years ago}. My old leopard flats were looking pretty bad and these are SO darn comfortable!  Oh my gosh! I love them! Now, I want the leopard heels!! Maybe I'll tell Santa about those.

I SOOO recommend these if you're in the market for leopard flats!  Don't put them off like I did. Sam Edelman is an excellent brand in just about anything.  Both my pairs of boots are Sam Edelman and I get so many compliments on the 'Penny' {Cognac}. I love the angled top and the back zipper.
Sam Edelman Penny Boot
I also bought the Splendid Averie Slingback Bootie, which is a new brand for me.  Have you heard of them?  I love the sling-back bootie look, however, I wasn't wild about the pointed toe.  I was also worried about how they would look with leggings, since I wear them a bunch during the fall and winter. But Annie convinced me, so I bought them, too!


I tried on a pair of Ivanka Trump booties and really liked them, but I didn't want to spend all my money on just shoes!

Because, ya know.  I'm not a shoe girl.

Y'all have a great rest of the week!  I'm headed to Tiger Country!

P.S. I wanted to remind everyone about our Fashion Over 40 Pinterest Board!  If you would like to be a contributor and pin to the board, send me your email and address and I'll hook you up! Or you can just follow our board, too!

20 comments:

  1. Pretty picks! Shoe girl, not me either!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate to say this, but I think you're a shoe girl. LOL. What great picks and after the summer with the boot, you deserve all of them. I can't wait to see how you style that sling back bootie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I keep telling myself, Megan! I deserve these shoes after putting up with Felicia all summer!!

      Delete
  3. You are a Closet shoe girl!! You're on a roll cause I love them all!!! Great choices for a styling mama!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Closet shoe girl" HAHA! I love it!!

      Delete
  4. Your title caught my eye and I just had to stop by for a read, Laura. You scored some great shoes!!! Those Express booties are just gorgeous! Love the leopard flats and sling back booties, too. I am most definitely a shoe girl. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jennie! Thanks for stopping by my blog today! I haven't worn the Express booties, yet, but I'm hoping to this weekend!

      Delete
  5. I keep thinking I need leopard flats - I think now is the time :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you decide to get a pair, Vicki! Would love to see you in some leopard!!

      Delete
  6. Not a shoe girl? I've never heard of such a thing! Actually, I never was much of a shoe girl myself until about two years ago, when I realized how shoes make or break an outfit. Like you, I just didn't want to spend the money on them. But I will tell you one thing, when you have a great pair of shoes on, every woman's eyes go from the top of your head to the tip of your toes. Women really recognize shoes! Now i own about 150 pair and still counting! I absolutely love every pair you bought!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your shoe choices! Sounds like it was a fun shopping weekend in Dallas. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have both the sam edelman flats and boots. Katie has the boots too. They are soooo comfortable. Mark hates them because I never take them off come cooler months. LOL Eyeing the new gray ones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm liking the gray Sam Edelman boots, too, Lauren!

      Delete
  9. And now I know what you bought. In the past I haven't been much of a shoe girl either, but that seems to be changing! Love everything you got!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love shoes! I have those leopard flats and they are fabulous. I wear mine all the time !

    ReplyDelete
  11. You go girl! I am not a shoe or a purse girl....but I have added more shoes in the last 6 months to my closet than I have probably added in the last 6 years!! I think this whole shopping my closet thing has cut down what I was spending on my actual clothing items and I just moved on to shoes. I agree Sam Edelman is a great brand.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, well, I'm afraid I am a shoe gal and a purse gal! Like your selections. I do not own a pair of flats, I'm just not comfortable in them, I like about a 2" heel. Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I usually feel that way too and then end up buying shoes because I can't say no! I love the ones you got! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love adding new shoes to the collection - it's always such fun! Love your picks!

    ReplyDelete