Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Queen Bee: My Cousin Mirya

Today I'm linking up with Shelly and Katy for their Queen Bee link up!  This is my first time to participate in the link up simply because I guess I'm lazy and felt like if I wanted to feature a special Queen in my life, I certainly wanted to do it up right, ya know?  So I put on my big girl panties, sucked it in, and started this post alot earlier than just the day before and so I'm hoping I can pull this one off!  Today I want to introduce you to my cousin by marriage, one of my very best friends, and a true Southern Belle, Mirya.

{And don't say, "Myra," because she HATES the name Myra.  Mirya's name is pronounced, Ma-rye-ia, as in Mariah Carey.}

The Queen in Between
The first time I ever met Mirya was on her wedding day.  Wayne and I had been married ourselves for only three months and it was our first "trip away from home" when we drove to Cullman, Alabama, late that Friday night when Wayne got off work to attend their wedding the next day.  Doug and Wayne are cousins, but as close as brothers and I just knew that Mirya and I were going to be fast Sister-Cousins!



Through the years, we've gone on lots of trips together!  Before the kiddos were born, we'd meet up with Doug and Mirya and go to Nashville or Atlanta or Memphis. And of course we've been to LOTS of Alabama football games together! After the kids came along, we went to the beach together and normally they come to our house over Labor Day weekend. We're still trying to talk them into going to Disney together. 




Alise and Katie are two months apart in age and they are very close cousins, just like their dads, and we all love it! For the last two summers, Alise has gone to Alabama to stay with Katie and this summer, Katie came to stay with us for a week.  The girls have their moments, but they really love each other, too.  They love to face time and text each other as well as play with their American Girl dolls.

 photo DSC_0373_zpsaa6d2266.jpg

Mirya comes from a rather large family.  Of girls!  She is the youngest of FIVE girls! Mirya is such a patient and giving person.  She never gets upset or gets anxious about anything. Mirya and Doug use to work together until Katie came along and she decided to stay home and be a full time mom. She volunteers at her church and at The Caring Center in her community.

 photo DSC_2917_zps846351d7.jpg

Mirya's mom has had some health issues over the years, but she realizes that she is so fortunate to still have both her mom and dad.  It's hard at such a young age to have ailing parents and a family of your own, but Mirya's faith has gotten her through many trials. Her parents just recently celebrated their 60th Wedding Anniversary. I just love Ms. Jerry!

 photo DSC_0993_zpsed44dc31.jpg

And these two are the joys of her life! The two precious gifts that God has blessed Mirya with because of her faithfulness to Him.  I know that she loves them so much and is such an AWESOME mom!  She makes me wish that I could be more like her. 

 photo DSC_0211_zps71645b92.jpg

And this is a picture of me and Mi at Trapp's this past Labor Day weekend! Love, love, love this Girlie! She truly is one of a kind and will always hold a special place in my heart!  Love you, Mi!



4 comments:

  1. What a beautiful tribute to your cousin. I have a cousin too that is more like my sister/best friend (will be writing about her next month). I love hearing how family members grow up together and remain close as in your relationship with Mi. And that your daughters are close too. I was so happy to see you joined in with us this month for Queen Bee's link up. Have a blessed day Laura.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at those beautiful cousins and Bama fans! This is such a loving tribute and I'll bet you two are a hoot together and absolutely have a ball! I'm going to tagalong sometime and be an honorary cousin! I hope you have a terrific Tuesday most beautiful lady!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for sharing Mirya and linking up with us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this so much! Reminds me of me and my best-friend, right down to those beach trips! Thanks so much for sharing and linking up with us!

    ReplyDelete