Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Pinterest Recreations From My Closet

So I'm not sure where the idea of "shopping my closet" came from really.  It's not like I put myself on a spending freeze or anything like that.  I think it has to do with the weather here.  It's just still hot and I have a hard time trying on winter clothes when it's still 90-something degrees outside. So a few weeks ago, I started looking through Pinterest in the evenings {while Wayne watched TV, which is when I do the majority of my pinning because we're spending "quality" time together!}, trying to come up with some new ideas for work attire.

I've told you Lovies before that I'm not a fashion blogger. But from time to time, I like to get some ideas for what to wear to work from Pinterest.  So today, I thought I would share a few of those recreations from the last few weeks.  Now.  Some things you must know.  My photographer is ten years old.  And she doesn't care how I stand or, to be honest, what I look like.  She's a one shot photographer, too. Unless it involves her, of course.  So most of these were taken before work, at like 7:00 in the morning, by a one-shot ten year old using a cell phone.  Oh!  And I don't have time to touch up pictures. Enough said.

I've had this idea pinned for a very long time, but just never got around to realizing I actually had all the pieces until I was attempting to transition my closet. Can you believe the tee is J.Jill?  Do you know how long it's been since I've bought anything from J.Jill?  Oh, and a good hair day, too, btw.

                       <3 White Blazer, Brown and Black. So Simple! So Chic!:   

I hate when things don't work like they're suppose to, but I'm too tired to figure out why.  My OCD self is just gonna let this one go. The black polka dot is a new pin that I found recently and as soon as I saw it, I remembered the Forever 21 dress I had but hadn't worn in quite a while.  This is one of my new favorite fall looks! I wore it to church again this past Sunday and got several compliments! Normally, I would have worn black boots with this outfit, but the black and brown combos are growing on me this season.

Fall Outfit:
       
               
Another favorite pin that I've had for a while.  I like the contrast of the cobalt and black, and of course, I love polka dots! I think this will be a favorite for my meeting days in the office.
                                                                                     
          Top: Polka-dot tie neck blouse - White House Black Market Black cardigan - Old Navy Bottom: Blue cropped pant - Express Shoes: Black pumps -...:    

I think this one is my favorite recreation and it's the one that actually inspired this post!  As soon as I saw the leopard pants, I was like, OMG!  I can do this!  I already have all the pieces! However, I haven't quite mastered "the half tuck" yet and our pants have to come to our ankles at the office. What can I say?  I blame the nuns. Another office favorite.

  

I had been to Old Navy and originally passed on the striped tunic, but then I saw it popping up all over Blog Land and told myself that if it was there when I went back to the store, I would get it. Well, it was, and this time it was on sale for $12! I don't wear my denim vest very often, so this pin gave me the inspiration to pair it with the tunic. My home ec teacher taught us that horizontal stripes made you look bigger, so that's why I've always shyed away from them.  But look, I'm nearly 43 years old! Do I really care?  Well, yes, because when I posted this pic on IG, I said, "I don't normally wear horizontal stripes, but when I DO, I wear a denim vest!"  HA!  This was the perfect casual look for a four hour car drive last week (and I saw another person with the same tunic on at the conference! That just means we have great taste!)!

I like this whole outfit, but the vest is a little longer than I'd like. I:    

If I've learned anything from my pinterest recreations, it's that I'm not sure I'm on the "Mad About Plaid" train.  I know!  Gasps, right?! The deal is, it has taken me for.ever. to find just the right plaid shirt that I liked. So I found it, I didn't try it on in the store, and when I put it on Monday morning to wear to work, I felt like a man.  {You can laugh!} And that is SO not me because if I'm anything, I'm a girly girl.  Full blown! I also made the mistake of buying a plaid shirt in Ole Miss colors.  When Wayne saw me, he was like, "I can.not. believe you bought a shirt in Ole Miss colors!  You need to add a little crimson to that, baby!"  The deal is, I just don't think plaid is for me.  I haven't worn the shirt with jeans and booties, yet.  I'll try that style and make a final decision then.  I'll keep you posted.


We have gotten so many followers to our Fashion Over 40 Pinterest Board!  Feel free to follow us for fashion inspiration!  And as always, if you would like to pin directly to the board, send me your email address and you can begin pinning your own fashion or other pins you find! Welcome Amy, our newest pinner!

Here's where I'm linking up: I Do deClaireThe Pleated Poppy, Trendy Wednesday, What's Hap-pinning Wednesday, Mix Match FashionFashion Files, and Fabulous Friday.

28 comments:

  1. Such a fun post! I love hearing about you "Quality Time" with your husband and your personal photographer. Too funny. Great outfits! I use Pinterest all the time to help me create outfits in a pinch. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Amy! Yes, my personal photographer with an attitude!!

      Delete
  2. That is exactly how Michael and I spend quality time together too. And I agree on the half-tuck style. It looks so cute on the size 2 models and bloggers, but looks a little funny on me! Have a great day :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What can we say, Tanya! Over 40 moms can only push the "being hip" card so far. I'm realizing that not every thing I see in Blog Land and on Pinterest is for me and I'm graciously learning to accept it.

      Delete
  3. You did so great with your recreations - I love all the outfits especially the last one! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Biana! You are too sweet!

      Delete
  4. You did such a great job recreating those outfits! Super cute!
    Kelsey
    www.thepeacockroost.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Kelsey! I've enjoyed seeing your outfits on IG!

      Delete
  5. Seriously knocked every one of these out of the park! Love them all but the polka dot dress is my fave and I think the brown boots were perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, Shelly! That outfit is probably my fav, too. Thanks so much for the compliment. Coming from you, my Stylish Sister, that means alot!

      Delete
  6. You are too cute...and I must say REAL! Thank you. I am so over the 40 something set dressing out of the Junior's Dept. at Nordstrom. Order up a size, it runs small. No, it runs the correct size for a not so busty 16 year old!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha, Lauren! You crack me up! Of course a 16 year old doesn't have the same breasts as a 40-something that breastfed three kids!! Love and miss you!

      Delete
  7. Will you come to NC and dress me? Really, the over 50 look is what I need.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would LOVE to come to NC to see you, Michelle! We could share a bottle of wine! You're style is great! I just left another comment that I'm jealous of all the ball cap moms! You fit into that category, Sister! Enjoy your day!

      Delete
  8. Wow, you did a great job with these recreations! You look so pretty in everything - and I like you in plaid :)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lana! I'm still debating the plaid.

      Delete
  9. OMG how did I not see this post yesterday!! Absolutely fantastic! You killed so many of these!!! Hard to pick a favorite but I think the polkadot!! Lady so excited to see this, so proud of you and your delightful photographer as well!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Sister! Your comments make my heart smile!

      Delete
  10. So many recreations and how could you not recreate the leopard pant outfit when you had those pants. Cute red shoes by the way. Love that striped tunic. (and long enough for leggings).

    ReplyDelete
  11. Girl! You are straight up killin it! Love all these inspired looks:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Jordan! Congratulations on your new marriage, too! Best wishes!!

      Delete
  12. I think you created a lot of great outfits, I love the cobalt pants!

    ReplyDelete
  13. These all look so good! I think it's fun to find inspiration photos, and then recreate them to fit you! You did so well!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So funny, I was going to say I like the plaid shirt outfit the best!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my gosh! You nailed it! I especially love the animal print pants! Thanks for linking up today! xo

    ReplyDelete
  16. You know I love your polka dot looks, but I seriously am just ooohhiing over your leopard pants - so fab! Oh, cannot believe you aren't Mad for Plaid! I just love all my plaid shirts, shoes, and vests!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Awww...such great looks from Pinterest inspiration. My fave is the blue pants with dots + jacket. It looks really great on you. Thanks so much for linking up with us!

    ReplyDelete