Friday, October 23, 2015

Friday Favorites

It's FRI-YAY!!  Here are a few things that I'm loving this week!

{one.} Gilmore Girls Is Coming To Netflix. I can't even BEGIN to tell you how happy this makes me! Lorelai!  Rory!  Together again! One word: awesome! Alise and I began watching GG this summer when I was "incapacitated" with Felicia.  We made it to season 3 and if I had a dollar for every time I heard, "Moma, can we go home and watch Gilmore Girls?" or "Rory" and "Larelai" I would be able to afford that Tory Burch suede drum bag I found a few weeks ago at Nordstrom! Alise LOVED the show, but unfortunately we haven't been able to watch since school started! I haven't told her yet about the revival, but we've got a lot of watching to do to get ready for the new shows!



{two.} XM Radio. You may remember a while back I was complaining that my XM radio subscription expired and Mr. Horton was making me wait it out.  Lucky for me, a letter came in the mail with a great offer and Mr. Horton caved.  Besides, I told him, I gotta have my Christmas music! So now I am happily jamming every morning after I drop Alise off at school! Ha!  But it's the truth!  I had "Ice Ice Baby" blaring at a red light one day and a young dude looked over at me, but he was probably too young to even know who Vanilla Ice is!!

{three.} The Movie, The Martian. Last Sunday afternoon, Wayne and I snuck upstairs to the theater room to watch The Martian while Alise studied for a science test.  She wasn't happy, but she got over it. We really liked the movie, but to me, it was a little over my head.  I'm certainly not a scientist, so all the talk about velocity and all that other crap just confused me. There's a reason I didn't take physics in high school and I'm ashamed to admit that I cheated my way through chemistry. Let's just say our high school kicker was very smart when it came to the periodic table.  I digress. I'm glad I watched the movie and didn't read the book.  I think if I had tried, I wouldn't have liked it and I would have been turned off to the movie.  That's just me.  But I do recommend the movie.


{four.} Last week when I was out of town, Annie texted me to ask if I was going to be at the pep rally the next morning because she had a gift for Alise. I had to tell her that I was out of town and then she wanted to know if we were coming to the {last home} game. Wayne made it home in time to take Alise, who didn't know anything about the gift, but wanted to cheer at the game with her friends. I guess I'm telling you all this just to say that Annie got Alise the most special necklace with a megaphone charm and the sweetest note.  Alise told me that she almost cried when she read it. When I got home, I read it, and I nearly cried, too!  Annie is such a great encourager to Alise and said that she loved watching her cheer and that she felt like Alise really was her little sister!  I told Alise to treasure Annie's note so that whenever she has a bad day, she can pull it out and reread it.  I just love their friendship!


{five.} I fell in love with my man again this week!  He has been off work this week and next {I'm so jealous!} and he has totally chipped in around the house.  He has chauffered Alise to appointments, picked her up from school, washed clothes, cooked supper a few times, and just about anything else I've needed him to do. It makes my evenings so much better, even if I still have to do 5th grade homework!  Trust me, I'm not complaining.

However, we did have a funny moment earlier in the week.  Or at least I thought it was funny! Wayne had an eye doctor appointment - his first ever! - and as he was reading through the paper work the night before, he realized that he would be having his eyes dilated the next morning.  He went in to panic mode!  Now, you have to understand, Wayne doesn't get rattled about hardly anything!  HE is normally the one talking ME off the ledge!  So forgive me if I found it quite funny when he came running into the bathroom where I was running my bath water all in a panic about having his eyes dilated!! I'm like, Babe!  Millions of people have their eyes dilated every day.  You will be fine. Geesh! Needless to say, he survived and unlike me - who has absolutely poor eye sight {and never had my eyes dilated!} - only needs to buy some drug store glasses for reading.  THAT makes me very jealous!

Here's a picture he sent me on the way home after his appointment.  He forgot his own sunglasses, so he borrowed some of my mom's from a few weeks ago when she had some cataracts removed. She was his driver for his "procedure."  I just love this guy!


Have an awesome weekend, Peeps!  I hope your team wins!!  A HUGE shout out to my friend, LeeAnn, who reads my blog and leaves me comments on Twitter and IG!!  LeeAnn is a BIG time Tennessee fan and that's who Bama is playing this week!  Although Tennessee has really struggled in the beginning of this season, I think it's going to be a great game!  I think the Vols will be up for it! In other news, I have NO idea what I'm making for the game this week, which is really a first. Half the season is over and I've ran out of ideas, but I'm sure I'll come up with something!

{six.} Bonus. Oh!  And I have a bonus for you this week!  One of my Instagram friends hosted a fall scarf challenge this week.  Y'all know I'm not a scarf person, but I put my big girl panties on Tuesday and played along anyway {I won't tell you how long the scarf lasted!}.  Well, Dinah featured  me as one of her favorites for that day!  I was beyond thrilled! However, I ended up wearing an "animal print" scarf for "floral day."  Oops!  That's what I get for not double checking the challenge.  My blog friend, Megan, and I had a great laugh about it, and the hosts played it off cool, so I don't think anyone else noticed!  Here's what I wore on Tuesday for "floral day."

          




I'm linking up with Momfessionals and A Liz Adventures.

18 comments:

  1. I probably liked The Martian so much because I am definitely a science nerd! How did you watch it at home already? The megaphone necklace is the sweetest gift. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to ask Mr. Horton how he does it. I'm not a scientist and I'm not a techie, either.

      Delete
  2. Gilmore Girls ... now I have to get Netflix! It was a weekly watch while the girls were growing up. So excited you are experiencing it with your own daughter. Yeah!!! Love your outfit in the last picture. Colors all go great. Did you happen to see my first ever selfie on Instagram? I didn't know you had to include your face!! Never again....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha, Michelle! I'm so proud of you! I'm not a selfie taker, either, but I left you a comment on your pic!

      Delete
  3. I'm so with you excited for the return of GG - even a few episodes is good for me!! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  4. The sweet megaphone necklace and note! Oh how I love this! And, I think you should wear scarves more often! You totally rock the look!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your sweet comment, Holly, but scarves and I have a love hate relationship. That one lasted till about lunch time. Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  5. Love your scarf!! What a cute story :). Have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Karen! Enjoy your weekend!

      Delete
  6. What a sweetie pie, that guy of yours!! You two gotta be a hoot in a half!! Guess what? This mama never had her eyes dilated either. Not gonna do it!! My eyesight is fine....in the day. Lol. Great scarf and you look adorable!! Gilmore girls excitement!!!!! Woohoo!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sweet Friend! I think I have a winner for a husband! I hope you enjoy your get away this weekend!

      Delete
  7. I can't wait for the new Gilmore Girls! AAAHHHH! I read The Martian so I have been waiting and waiting for the movie and I loved it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you loved the book, you will love the movie! #notasciencegirl

      Delete
  8. Oh, Hubby and I went with friends to see The Martian a couple of weeks ago and I was as lost as a goose. Not my kind of movie. And, I've never seen an episode of The Gilmore Girls and I'm pretty sure I'm missing something. Love the necklace and what a thoughtful act. Happy new week!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You would love Gilmore Girls, Lea! It's such a "feel good" show!

      Delete
  9. I am still on season one but GG is pretty much what I watched all day yesterday! Haven't the IG challenges been fun? I saw you on her collage but did not even pay attention that you had animal on the floral day! haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I totally rocked animal print on floral day! That's how my life goes most of the time!

      Delete
    2. Yes, I totally rocked animal print on floral day! That's how my life goes most of the time!

      Delete