Thursday, October 08, 2015

Fall Pilgrimage in Natchez

Just some pictures from mine and Alise's Mommie/Daughter trip to Natchez this past Sunday.  She was SO excited to go and really enjoyed looking inside the homes {no photography allowed} and hearing the stories of the bygone antebellum years.  I can't believe I forgot my Nikon, so I had to take pictures with my phone.

Stanton Hall




After lunch at the Carriage House {Southern style buffet food that was out of this world good!}, we hit up Longwood.  It is the only octogon antebellum home that is unfinished.  The tools are right where the men left them when they heard that the war had started. This was Alise's favorite mansion.


You were allowed to take pictures on the second floor of Longwood.  Alise took this picture with my phone looking up at the ceiling and the unfinished floors. 


This picture was taken on the balcony of Longwood.  It was such a cold, dreary day.  We froze to death! Everyone else on our tours had on jackets and coats.  We kept praying that the sun would come out, but it never did.


This is a picture of Alise ringing the bell at the end of the Rosalie tour.  If you ring the bell, it will bring you good luck!


This was our horse, Champ, that took us on the carriage ride around downtown.  Alise fed him a carrot and got to pet him.


I thought this was a beautiful picture of Stanton Hall taken with my cell phone on the carriage ride.


Me and Baby Girl on the carriage ride, wrapped in blankets and oh-so cold!


What a fun trip!  I am so glad that I took her because we had a great day!  Alise is already asking when we can go back!

9 comments:

  1. U2 are the sweetest! I just want to kiss your cheeks! You both look cute as a button and I can see Alise is taking after her fashionista mama! What a cute outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I looks like you had a lovely mommy-daughter day. I can't wait until my little one is old enough to take on trips like this. :) I've never been to Natchez; I'll have to add to my bucket list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm OBSESSED with antebellum architecture. This looks like so much fun I'm excited to do things like this when my daughter is older! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful! I would love to go there someday. What a fun trip for the two of you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you had a great time - lovely pictures! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun trip! I would love that tour. I can't believe the house was never finished. I think the pictures turned out great to be from your phone. Have a super weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Olivia and I would love that! It looks like so much fun and the carriage ride, what fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete