Sunday, October 11, 2015

An AWESOME Weekend in Dallas

WHAT A WEEKEND!!

We had SO much fun cheering on our school's youth football team in AT&T Stadium Saturday evening!  We played three scrimmage games and won two.  Our boys played better than they have all year! What a way to end the 2015 season! Everyone, from the parents, to the players, and of course, the cheerleaders, was so pumped for the games! I just can't begin to describe the excitement and anticipation that was in the air!   Here are a few pictures from our weekend!


Our Mighty Mustangs take the field at Dallas Cowboys Stadium!


We won our last game with a trick play!  It was awesome!!  


Our awesome cheerleaders!  They cheered their hearts out!  They were louder than their competition! The stadium may look empty, but that's because we were only allowed to sit on one side.  The cheerleaders were facing the side that the fans were on.


And of course, our favorite Smatchette cheerleader!  She was so excited to get to hold a varsity sign during some of their cheers!


I love these kids!  You may notice that we have more cheerleaders than we do football players!  Ha!  It's a running joke between the parents!  We talk about suiting up some of our girls quite often {I actually saw some girls suited up for other teams last night!  I couldn't believe it!}


A very Proud Moma Moment for one of my very dear friends! Brock and Alise have been in the same class together since kindergarten and they have a crazy brother/sister relationship!  Brock is SO sweet  and we just love him!  He had an AWESOME {I know I've been using that word a lot in this post, but it's all I can come up with this late at night} game and we are so proud of him!!


Another sweet friend of ours!  You may remember him as "Elvis" a few weeks ago from the Wax Museum pictures, but Jack scored not one, but TWO touchdowns Saturday night!  We love our number 24!! It was so funny when we took this picture.  Jack and Alise are "kinda" liking each other, and when they stood beside each other, there were like three yards between them.  Jack's mom and I had to say, "Ok, we know you don't like each other, but you've got to scoot a little closer to each other for the picture!"  A sweet moment between friends.


And here we are!  Cheering for our Mustangs! And the ONLY family picture we got as a family.  By the time our last game was over, the stadium closed to get ready for the Cowboys' game on Sunday and so we didn't get to take family pictures on the star at center field like I had hoped.  Oh, well.


And THIS was the biggest surprise of the weekend!!  Love, love, love these girls and my first and only weekend of having a teenager and a ten year old was....AWESOME, of course!!  We pulled up in Annie's driveway Saturday morning and had to peel - literally - Alise out of the backseat.  We told her  we had to make a stop and by the time she got her shoes back on and got out of the car, Annie was coming out her door and Alise DIED!!  She saw Annie and started screaming, "ANNIE!  ANNIE!!  Are you coming with us?!?!" I thought she was going to have a heart attack when Annie told her, "YES!"  Later, on the way, I turned around and looked at Alise - Annie was asleep!  Teenagers! - and she gave me the two thumbs up and the cheesiest smile I've ever seen!!

We went straight to the Galleria and Wayne took Alise to ice skate while Annie and I went shopping. Where did we go?  Well, Nordstrom's of course!  Let's just say that I made up for not getting to shop while we were there in June!!  I bought Annie her first Kendra Scott necklace!  She said some of the girls at school had one and well!  I just couldn't let my daughter-for-the-weekend not have one!  It was a very proud mom-of-a-teenager-for-a-weekend moment!!  I just wish I had bought me one, too, but I was just overwhelmed at the counter and couldn't decide on which one I wanted! It was fun having an "older daughter's" opinion instead of one that kept telling me, "Mom, that doesn't look good," or "I don't like that" {because SHE doesn't have any style yet!}.  Annie was a champ, though! She survived the American Girl Doll store!  She loved it actually because she had never been to one.

We met up with some friends for lunch at Houston's and then tried our very best to make it to the Texas State Fair.  Traffic was absolutely HORRIBLE and all the gates were closed.  We just couldn't find a parking place and so we said good-bye to Alise so she could stay an extra night in Dallas with her friend and the three of us came home. 

We had an AWESOME weekend!

12 comments:

  1. Sounds awesome. Your daughter looks so happy being on the squad and I love how involved you are in her life. So important as she navigates the teenage years. I always look forward to readiing your blog on Monday mornings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Michelle! Cheering has become Alise's world. It was fun listening to her and Annie talk about it this weekend! She can't wait to try out for JV cheerleader next spring! And, yes, I am very involved in Alise's world! I hope it pays off one day.

      Delete
  2. Amazing weekend indeed lovely lady! Hottest looking family right there cheering on those stangs!!! So happy that Alise got to hold the sign, she looks so stinking cute! I hope your Monday is off to a smooth start beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an Awesome weekend!! I love that word too! Alise is just too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a memory she will hold forever from this fun weekend! Not many people can say they have performed in Texas Stadium! She looks cute as can be in that uniform!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are SO right, Tanya, and I tried to impress that upon Alise this weekend, too! She's a kid. She doesn't get it sometimes, but even Annie told her, "Alise, I would LOVE to be able to cheer with y'all!" so I think once she heard that, she began to see the great experience in a different light!

      Delete
  5. What a fun experience for them to be in that huge stadium!! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just can't begin to describe how great it was! I think our entire school is still on a high for how great our boys played and the experience they had this weekend!

      Delete
  6. How fun that they got to play in the Cowboys stadium! Whta a cool experience!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Seems like you had a great time♥♥

    summerdaisy.net

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great opportunity for them to get to play in the Cowboy stadium! And, shopping at Nordstrom, the icing on the cake! Happy week!

    ReplyDelete