Wednesday, September 09, 2015

Lately

Sorry to be a little MIA this week, but we're trying to get back into the swing of things since the three day weekend {And thank you, Lord, that it's a short week!}. It's also a "vocabulary test week" and I tend to go a little psycho on those weeks. 

Funny Minion Quotes Of The Day:

Our family from Alabama came to stay with us this past weekend and I can't believe that I only have like four pictures to prove it! But we shopped, watched LOTS of football, swam, boiled shrimp and grilled steaks, swam some more, made pizzas and ate s'mores.  It was the perfect weekend for Alabama football and to be with our family!

I snapped this picture right before we left for our girls shopping trip on Saturday morning!


Can you believe these are the same girls from six years ago? In 2009, we made the trip to Alabama for Labor Day weekend and these girls were our favorite cheerleaders!

Displaying

We went to my new favorite restaurant, Trapps, on Saturday for lunch and met the guys and Colton there. All the grownups had gumbo and Mirya had the grilled shrimp. I feel like I have no clothes on in this picture, but it was SO stinkin' hot this weekend and I couldn't find my Alabama clothes - to which I got ribbed so bad about, but I finally found an old Bama t-shirt before the game started.  Alise did ask me Saturday morning if I had a bra on, to which I replied, "Yes, dear.  Mama is most definitely wearing a bra!"  Gah!!  

Love this Girlie! She is not only family, but one of my dearest friends.


I can't tell you how excited I was when I read Sheaffer's post from Monday! I felt like she was giving me the two thumbs up for my recent flare jeans purchase last week.  Like I had caught the fashion wave early or started drinking the flare jean kool-aid before everyone else. I say that because normally a style has to grow on me and it may be half way through the season before I actually buy the item. I had planned to sport my new flare jeans this weekend for shopping and the game, but like I said, it was so dang hot and I was nearly in hot-flash mode at one point.  So I opted for pink shorts, a black tank, and yes!  A strapless bra, that miraculously stayed "up" that day!

And speaking of a strapless bra...that reminds me of a great post I need to write. They just don't make 'em like they use to, y'all!  Gravity has served it's purpose as far as I'm concerned.

In other news, my bestest blog friend, Shelly, featured me in her Queen Bee linkup this week!  

The Queen in Between

To say I was honored just doesn't seem fitting.  I was ready to walk the red carpet and wave to all my fans! Because you KNOW there are so many - HA!  I told Shelly that I was expecting that crown any day in the mailbox! But in all honesty, I was humbled that someone that I've never met really knows me, ya know?  What you see is what you get, and I'm glad that side of me shows through here on the blog, too. 

I'm playing hookie from Friday Favorites and enjoying the remainder of the week! I hope everyone enjoys their week, too!

13 comments:

  1. Yes indeed you are a Queen Bee. Read her post on you and everything she said seems to shine right through you. Isn't it too funny what are daughters will ask us? If I could list those kind of questions over the years, I'd write a book. Like us mamas don't know ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I totally dropped your name this weekend. I went into AE and said "my blogger friend Laura got some Flares in here, can you show me your flares?" I got me my 2nd pair and love them! Those girlies are the cutest!! And so are YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bwahaha! "Can you show me your flares?" LOVE IT! Thanks for dropping my name, too! I hope we can be "flare twinkies," Andrea! Can't wait to see how you style yours!!

      Delete
  3. I am so excited that flares are back "in!" I love flare jeans! I haven't decided what my first clothing weight goal will be yet, but when I reach it, flares will be my first purchase!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness....that minion meme is perfect! I need to actually dig through my jeans and see if I do indeed actually have some flares. If not I am in trouble since I am on a shopping freeze...hope that doesn't backfire September 1!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet you already have some flares, Shelly, in that awesome closet of yours!

      Delete
  5. Love that you were Shelley's Queen Bee this month. You have such a fun personality and it shines through on your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Tanya! You are too sweet!

      Delete
  6. Sounds like a fun weekend! You've inspired me to look for a new pair of flare jeans...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love reading about you over on shellys blog!!! And enjoy your weekend girl!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have totally been MIA on my blog recently and reading over my favorites (that would be you) blog. Time to get caught up and girl, you are a Queen Bee! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun week you had. I also forget to take pictures when I'm having fun visiting with friends or family. You look great in a halter dress, but I totally get you on the strapless bra. It makes me feel weird.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The best weekends are those with the fewest photos to prove it - looks like you guys had a great one!

    ReplyDelete