Monday, September 14, 2015

Hour By Hour Weekend

I decided to do something TOTALLY different today and link up with Astleigh over at Hill Collection for Hour By Hour Weekend!  A fun twist to the traditional weekend recap post!  Never fear, though.  I don't have a picture for every single hour, so hopefully this post won't be too much of a photo overload.  I'll also be linking up with Biana, one of my favorite bloggers, at B Loves Boston for Week Ending, too! Join the fun, Peeps!  And if you're stopping by for the first time, leave a comment!  I love meeting new people and try to answer them all.

My weekend started around 2:30 Friday afternoon.  Not technically, but that's when my first weekend photo happened.  And here it is!



Just keeping it real, Peeps! This is my office at work and obviously I have a drinking problem.  More like a Diet Coke problem.  I stop by Sonic every. single. freaking. morning. for a large Diet Coke with extra ice. So that would be Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday drinks, a Chic-fil-a cup from lunch on Thursday and a Taco Bandito cup from Friday's lunch.  Just so you know, I never finish an entire drink.  I just call it my "flask of caffeine." So yea, that would be some of Alise's three year old art work on my back wall and obviously housekeeping had not been by yet.

By 5:00 Friday evening, I was in my pjs and baking up a batch of these delicious M&M cookies. Because I'm Betty Crocker like that.  Betty in her pjs, that's me. I actually came down with the croup Thursday night and wasn't feeling all that great on Friday, so where the baking energy came from, I have no idea.



While I was in Betty Crocker mode, a delivery came!  Mama got new shoes!!



When Alison posted about these on FB last week, I just knew I had to have them!  I mean, you can't go wrong with bling, leopard, AND plaid, right?  However, the shoes are too narrow and tight, so I'll be exchanging them for a larger size. Can't wait to get the new pair in and begin wearing them with leggings this fall!

Friday night was designated Family Movie Night.  That means we either buy or make our own pizzas and we let Alise pick out the movie we watch in the theater room.  Are we the only parents that cringe over movie night?  Oh, the movies we have to endure! But this Friday night was different.  Alise picked the movie, Hachi, with Richard Gere and it was very good!  We loved it.  And cried a lot, too! I highly recommend it for a family movie night!  Sorry, but I forgot to take a pic for this one!

By 7:00 Saturday morning, the croup had worsened into a full blown sinus infection.  I even had to get up during the middle of the night to take some of Alise's liquid ibuprofen to calm the throbbing on the left side of my face!  It was time to break out the knock-off Sudafed!



At 9:15, Alise and I were happily greeted by all the new pumpkins in our local Neighborhood Walmart!  I can't tell you how happy I was to see this sight!  #bringonfall



I am also rather proud of making a menu this week and for only spending $85 on groceries for the week!!

The Alabama game started at 3:00 and Wayne convinced me to watch it with him at the cook shack even though I wasn't feeling it.  I started this recipe in the kitchen for supper and then met him outside to cheer on the Crimson Tide. I was craving some much needed comfort food.



More meds and comfort food must have worked because I started to feel a little better. So much so that I decided to go for a walk!  I haven't walked in three months and I can't tell you how good it felt to be outside in the fresh air!  It was a gorgeous day here, Saturday, and the evening was perfect! Mini Me went with me.  We only walked a mile, but if felt great! I was also able to cross one off the ol' Fall Bucket List this weekend, too!  We had our windows open the entire weekend!!


Sunday morning found me here!  In bed, feeling awful. I read, slept, and studied with Alise - all in the bed. 


By 4:00, I was on the verge of getting bed sores {not really!}, so I managed to pull myself out of bed while Wayne and Alise were running errands long enough to make even MORE comfort food - meatloaf, scalloped potatoes, and green beans. We didn't eat out a single time this weekend, which is very unlike us. We're trying to cut back on eating out so much. 

At 9:00, I was happily back in my bed with my kindle - see picture above. 

Other than not feeling good and being sick, we had a very low key weekend.  It was restful and peaceful and other than beating Alise over the head with her science notebook yesterday {not really, but I wanted to!  She's studying volcanos and how they're formed and I'm having flash backs of Hawaii!}. The only thing that I didn't get to do was round one of transitioning my closet, but it can wait for another weekend.  I know that even with the wonderful, cooler weather we had this weekend, our Indian summer is not over yet!

Enjoy your Monday!

14 comments:

  1. Loved the recap. Hope you are feeling better!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my poor girlie! I hope you're feeling better! Love the blingin shoes! We were at a market with pumpkins on Saturday and whoa, they were way overpriced. Since it's so hot, I'll wait a week or two and get them 3/$10 at Kroger! Happy Monday to magnificent you!! Feel better!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Scalloped potatoes sound amazing!! The last time I made meatloaf I tried a new recipe and it was a total disappointment. Sinuses have been acting up here too....cool front brought super weather but something my head did not like.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's actually Miranda Lambert's mom's recipe (the meatloaf) and it is da bomb! We love it!!

      Delete
  4. I hope you've started off this week feeling better!! And yes, to pumpkins finally making an appearance!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the shoes! I have a friend who goes to sonic every monring on her way into work for a dr. pepper so you're definitely not alone haha!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Darcy! Thanks for stopping by! And thanks for making me feel better about the Sonic stops every morning. Enjoy your Monday!

      Delete
  6. You sound like you really didn't feel good. What a lousy way to spend a beautiful weekend weather wise. We had a great weekend here too and I opend all the windows also. Felt so good. I do hope you feel better this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ok the shoes....fabulous! And girl I love the styrofoam cups all over....that's so me too!!! Have a great week !!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this idea - how fun! Your Diet Coke addiction cracks me up - I feel ya! My family makes fun of me because I never actually finish a Diet Coke, but I'm a little panicky if I run out. Hope you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, sorry you didn't feel well! I already saw the diet coke picture on instagram, but it made me crack up again!! What a fun post, I might have join one of these weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your recap but hate you weren't feeling well! The drink picture is Hi-Larious!!! And yes, I believe you have an addiction ;) I totally have to do this post at some point too :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hope you're feeling better now. This was a fun idea for a weekend wrapup post.

    ReplyDelete