Tuesday, September 01, 2015

Felicia, Football, Food, & {Hot} Flashes

Hellooooo, September!

Someone asked me what were the first pair of shoes that I wore after getting rid of Felicia, and, honestly, I meant to take a pic and post it on IG for the world to see, but I was so busy Friday night trying to get to the football game that I forgot.  My first pair of shoes that I wore TOGETHER - meaning both a right foot AND a left foot - were my pink converse! And let me just say that I felt like a new woman!  Y'all, I never, ever thought I would wear two shoes together again at the same time.  It felt so weird.  But a good weird.  By the time the game was over, my right shoe was beginning to get a little uncomfortable because my ankle swelled so bad.  But I can certainly live with the swelling in order to have a shoe on my foot and my foot flat on the floor again.

However.

Saturday night, I was SO excited about our date night because by gosh, I was going to wear those leopard wedges with my hot pink shorts and black strappy blouse. The sitter got to the house and I ran back to our bedroom to slip the wedges on and nearly died!  Needless to say, the leopard wedges were out. There was no way I could even walk down the hall in them.  I was SO disappointed.  Wedges will have to wait a while longer. 

It's GAME WEEK and I am SO fired up about some Alabama football!!



Our cousins from Alabama will be spending the long holiday weekend with us and we can't wait for them to get here! There won't be a bad seat in our house for all the games that day!  You can take your pick!  Whether it's out by the pool, the kitchen/living room, bedroom {if you prefer!}, or the theater room, we got cha covered!  Now, I've got to get to thinking about a Game Day Menu! I really want to try these babies!!  Recipe HERE.

Bacon Wrapped Tater Tot Bombs - The most amazing tater tots ever. It's so good, you'll want to double or triple the recipe!

Since I was only able to go out to lunch three times over the three months I had Felicia, I've had my fair share of frozen lunches and leftovers. So I wanted y'all to know that the absolute best frozen entree out there right now is the Fiesta Grilled Chicken by Lean Cuisine.  I can't tell you how many times I've eaten it because it is that good!  Only 250 calories and gluten free for all you gluten free peeps! It reminds me of this crock pot recipe that you've probably seen all over Pinterest! Seriously, I think I could eat this every day!


I've shared before that I think I'm going through peri-menopause, so I have to tell y'all about the hot flash I had Sunday night. First, let me tell you that I sleep with alot of cover.  We turn down the air at night and snuggle under the covers, and by covers, I mean a layer that includes a goose down comforter. So I sleep with a sheet, a thin quilt, a comforter, and sometimes the duvet that is made to go over the comforter.  So Sunday night, we go to bed around 10:30 and I fall asleep rather quickly, even without my lavender being diffused right beside my bed.  So it's a good night.  Until 2 o'clock Monday morning on the dot! 

At 2 AM, I woke straight up and my body was ON FIRE!  I mean, I can't. even. describe it! My body was BURNING UP! From head to toe! I just knew I had shooting flames coming out of my body! I couldn't catch my breath, and I had a MAJOR migraine headache. I threw back the covers, and just laid there trying to cool off.  But my head hurt so bad that I couldn't get comfortable and I felt nauseated.  After a while, I began to doze and had even cooled off some, so I pulled the covers back up and not a minute later, I was shucking them again. Another flash. Another fire. I seriously thought I was dying! Or that my goose down comforter was the one that was really on fire!  I played back and forth with the covers a few more times and then finally got up and took something for my head. I went back to bed and fell back asleep.  No more hot flashes.  That's the first time I've ever had a hot flash during the night {I normally have night sweats}. I have had migraines during the night, so that wasn't unusual, but it wasn't like I could pop an Excedrin in the middle of the night because of the caffeine.  So I took about four baby asprins thinking that if I was having a heart attack, too, then the asprin should help.

It's crazy, y'all!  And I don't like to use the word, sucks, but getting old sucks!

21 comments:

  1. Welcome to my world. I have to sleep with just a sheet. Never fails, I get a hot flash every night before bed. Like clock work. Then the chill sets on afterwards and may experience a few more before I actually fall asleep. Summer is the worse due to the heat. You may be losing some of your covers. I had to get rid of our comforter for the same reason. For me, I had to fine my triggers...wine is a big one, but this grammie is not giving up the wine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I may or may not have had a toddy before bed, Michelle. LOL!

      Delete
  2. Oh Laura I can totally relate to all of this! Except for Bama football, you know our TV will be on Notre Dame fighting Irish on Saturday!! HA Ha!! I want to try Lean Cruisines but I never know which ones are good so thank you!!! Getting old does suck and its on to say so!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing about the Lean Cuisine meal. I will have to tell Katie about it too. Perfect for her to take to class and pop in the microwave for lunch.
    And girlfriend...don't even get me started on the night sweats and hot flashes...AWFUL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you posted about that LC meal- I was seriously looking at it in the grocery just yesterday and couldn't decide if I should try it or not. Definitely will pick it up next time now that I know it got your stamp of approval! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Boo to the "flash" but yay to shoes and FOOTBALL!! We will be there Saturday night!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to hear you will be "bootless" this fall...what a relief. I know what you mean about the hot flashes at night. For me, it is more of an itchy feeling all over my chest and neck. I end up getting up and splashing water on my face/neck at least once each night. Yes, getting old sucks! :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was a full blown BON FIRE, Tanya!

      Delete
  7. Those bacon wrapped tater tots!! YUM! You always post the best recipes! Hopefully you'll be back in your sassy leopard wedges soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so, Mattie! I've been missing my leopard wedges! I can't wait to make those tater tots!!

      Delete
    2. I hope so, Mattie! I've been missing my leopard wedges! I can't wait to make those tater tots!!

      Delete
  8. Oh my gosh I'm so sorry that you woke up like that and thinking the worst too!!! I'm so excited for Football season!! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  9. First, I love lean cuisine, secondly, I'm sorry about the hot flashes, I am not looking forward to that!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The new Lean Cuisine's are SO good! I know I'm in peri-menopause, but so far, no hot flashes. I'm expecting one any day though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so lucky, Lana! Hoping you never will!!

      Delete
  11. Oh, thanks for the heads up on the Lean Cuisine's. I eat a lot of them. And, I hate to laugh at your hot flashes but I couldn't help myself with your vivid description and all. I've so few in my life that I hardly know what they are. Hoping you can get back in your wedges sooner than later. Have a fun weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm SO jealous, Lea, that you have not had the pleasure of experiencing a bon fire racking your body in the middle of the night! LOL! Enjoy that new grand baby!!

      Delete
  12. I am right there with you and those damn hot flashes. It definitely sucks !!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad i am not alone, Kimm. I think you and I are about the same age!

      Delete
  13. That Lean Cuisine has been one of my favorites too. That and the chicken enchiladas. They make some good stuff. Those hot flashes sound like a nightmare. So sorry you're going through it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I agree that the chicken enchiladas are really good, too, Megan! I'm actually having those for lunch today!

      Delete