Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Fall Lipsticks for 2015

Happy Fall Y'all!!  I hope today means cooler temps where you are!  Here is Louisiana, it's in the mid 60's in the mornings and high 80's in the afternoon, but I'll take it!  With low humidity, too!

I decided to do something a little different for What's Hap-"Pinning" Wednesday. I'm still linking up with Jenn and Jessi, but instead of sharing what I've been pinning this week, I decided to write a post that I plan to actually pin to my Horton Family Blog Board. Or my Fall Wardrobe Board. Or even my Fashion Over 40 Board.  You never can tell about me! 

Speaking of boards, I created the Fashion Over 40 Board so that any of my blogger/IG fashion friends could pin their pics or any fashion related pin to it. Being a part of a group board increases traffic to your blog or IG account and it's also a great way to "meet" new friends!  You can just follow the board by following me or you can actually PIN to the board by sending me your email address and I'll add you to the group!  My friends, Shelly and Andrea, have been pinning away!  Love those Fashion Queens! Jennie from A Pocketful of Polka Dots is also a collaborator.  I just love her style! 

And speaking of PINNING, is it just me, or does anyone else with OCD tendencies get so ticked off when they accidentally pin something to the wrong board?!  It drives me crazy!  I have to stop right then and edit the pin and put it on the board it belongs on.

So on to the subject of lipsticks and colors for fall.


A little #lipstick goes a long way. So brighten up your day with a little lipstick while you do your thing, girl!

I have three questions:

1.  Do you normally stick to the same shade year round or do you alternate colors with the seasons?

2.  What is your favorite shade of lipstick?  Are you a plum, brown, pink or red kinda girl?

3.  What is your favorite brand of lipstick?  


Haha I don't wear lipstick but I love the quote!!:):

A while ago, I read that if a girl's having a bad day, she should go out and buy herself a new lipstick because it's the perfect pick-me-up and I tend to agree with that. The late Elizabeth Taylor, however, would argue that you should "pour yourself a drink, put on some lipstick and pull yourself together."  To that I say, "Ya gotta BUY the lipstick FIRST, Liz, darling, THEN celebrate with a drink!"

I tend to be mostly a red and fuchsia kind of girl, so I normally wear those shades year round. In the Spring and Fall, I'll normally opt for a new pick-me-up color and I usually go with name brands because in my opinion, they really are the best. My favorites are Estee Lauder and MAC. No offense, but drug store brands just don't do it for me. They tend to either feather or bleed {sounds awful!}. I also tend to shy away from browns, plums, and sheer neutrals because I think they make my fair skinned self look too washed out. My favorite lipstick look is the one Taylor Swift sings about.


“You got that James Dean daydream look in your eye. And I got that red lip, classic thing that you like.” —“Style"


And even if you're NOT a Swift fan, you have to admit that she can pull off the "red lip, classic look."  BTW, have you ever seen her in any other color lipstick besides red?


Here are some of my picks for Fall 2015!


Fuchsias & Plums


1//Tom Ford Beauty Pure Pink $52
2//YSL Fuchsia In Grunge $36
3//Urban Decay Venom $22

Brick Reds


4//Nars Semi Matte in VIP Red $27
5//L'Oreal Coulor Riche Collection Zoe Red $9
6//L'Oreal Coulor Riche Collection Eva's {Longoria} Red $9
7//Nars Semi Matte in VIP Red $27

Neutrals


8//Clarins in Spice Orange {Pumpkin Spice} $27
9// Marc Jacobs Jolly Molly $30
10//MAC Stone

I must already be a fan of VIP Red and just not know it yet.  I see I included it twice!  

Of these Fall shades, I think I'm most interested in trying a brick red, probably the Zoe Red, and the Spice Orange. As long as it doesn't look too orangey. This Bama girl does not wear orange!

So what are some of your Fall favorites? Leave me all your lipstick comments! I'd love to read them!

20 comments:

  1. I'm boring as they come. I always have lipstick on, but usually wear the same shade year round. When I tire of that one, I pick another one out, usually in a similar shade. See boring!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not boring at all, Michelle! Just means you know what you like!

      Delete
  2. I wear the same lip gloss every day..so lame! And can you believe I have never been on Pinterest or pinned a single thing ever !!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kimm, Kimm, Kimm!! What am I going to do with you? You want me to open your own Pinterest account? LOL!

      Delete
  3. I am so OCD when it comes to pinning to the wrong board. Such a hassle!! Happy Fall beautiful! Thanks for the shout out and now I saw have the most beautiful lips with your awesome picks!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh fav brand: MAC. Fav shades: plums, berries and coppers. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would have chosen these shades for you, too, beautiful! You rock!

      Delete
  5. So many pretty shades! I'm always afraid of a super bold lip. Maybe one day....:)
    Thanks for linking up with us!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun colors, lady! The past few years I've really started to wear more lipstick as opposed to lipgloss and love the look. I'm a huge fan of a bright bold red lip and am excited to try more of a plum or goth shade since it's so in style this season! Thanks so much for linking up with us today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I Laughed when you mentioned a goth shade, but you are so right! Those shades are in style this season!

      Delete
  7. I'm a lip gloss girl! Haven't found a lipstick that I love. Maybe we should plan a trip to ulta to fix that!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds great, Leigh! When can we leave!?

      Delete
  8. I'm definitely all about the pinks and reds :) and I love that about buying a new lipstick when you have a bad day. I think I do that with nail polish pretty often. I say "Um I deserve it today" hahaha. I stick to the same shades for the most part, but I also will change up the gloss on top with the seasons! You probably already know my fave lipstick brand....Mac, duh!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I need to get some more confidence with wearing lip color! I wear light pinks and clear gloss but would love to do a darker color someday!
    Kelsey
    www.thepeacockroost.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fall is the perfect time to take the plunge, Kelsey! If you decide, I'd love to know which shade you choose. You certainly don't have to go dark. Even just a shade darker will bring a smile to your face!

      Delete
  10. Love this...I change my colors but I seriously hate picking lipstick because I always feel like I grab a shade I think I like and then it doesn't live up to my expectations! I really wish I was brave enough to have color tattooed on and just use gloss. And yes...pinning to the wrong board will make me crazy!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Or picking a shade and when you got home, it's not the color you thought it was! I guess that's another reason I like name brands better because you can try them on in the stores.

      Delete
  11. I'm the most boring person ever when it comes to my lips - I totally need to take a page out of your book and pick up a new lipstick this week! I'm loving the deep reds and plums right now!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love all the colors, but I don't wear lipstick. Ever!! I have a neutral colored gloss or I have some tinted balms, but I do not like the way I look in lipstick. Maybe i need to give them a shot again??

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this! I really want to find the perfect brick red for fall. My red to too poppy and bright I think! I am going to look at the Nars one this weekend - thanks for the tip :)

    ReplyDelete