Tuesday, August 25, 2015

What's Up Wednesday ~ August Edition

There are not one but TWO great party links going on today! I'm linking up with Sheaffer, Shay, and Mel for What's Up Wednesday AND Jenn and Jessi for What's Hap-"Pinning".  Normally on Wednesday, I show you what I've been pinning, but today, I decided to link the two posts together! Hope everyone is having a great Wednesday!

       

{What We're Eating This Week}
Last week for What's Hap-"Pinning," I showed y'all all the delicious ideas I had for our little school moms Mexican soiree.  You can check out that post HERE. And guess what!  I made it all!  Except the shrimp.  And guess what! We ate it.  ALL! It was a great night with friends!

This week, the family is craving Chinese fare, so I'll be making this yummy recipe this week!  We love it!

Slow Cooker Beef and Broccoli - this was so good and so easy to make! This recipe is a keeper.

It's the only thing on our menu, though, unfortunately.  For the rest of the week, we'll be eating out of the freezer and pantry.

{What I'm Reminiscing About}
So, yea, school started last week for us and I posted all of Alise's school pictures from previous years HERE. I can't believe how much my Baby has grown up! It seems like yesterday I was getting her ready for PreK-4! Time is flying by awfully fast!

{What I'm Loving}
I'm loving this happy that Alise took to Mrs. O on the first day of school!  My BFF, Leigh, offered to help me come up with an idea for this year and she went all out!  Thank you so much, Leigh!  Mrs. O LOVED it!  You can check out my other happies from this post HERE.



{What We've Been Up To}
Other than surviving school starting last week, Wayne and I did manage to slip off to New Orleans for a few days this month.  I had a conference at the Ritz Carlton on Thursday and Friday and because I'm still wearing Felicia and it was hotter than the hinges of hell on Bourbon Street, we decided to come home Friday after the conference.  However, we did get dolled up on Thursday night and dined at the Bourbon House and had dessert at Cafe du Monde.




{What I'm Dreading}
Just like last month, I'm dreading going back to the Orthopedic doctor for my check up. And I'm dreading it because I don't know if he'll keep me in the boot or possibly release me. If you're new to my blog, I fractured my heel at the beginning of June and I've been in a boot and on crutches all summer.  The TRUTH is...I've actually been walking on my foot at night around the house.  Wayne says I'm still "tip toeing," but I haven't been able to put my foot solid on the floor in nearly three months and it feels strange. I still have twinges and some discomfort, but the bottom line is I think I'll still be in the boot another three weeks!  It's been eleven weeks yesterday since my fall.

{What I'm Working On}
Absolutely nothing.

{What I'm Excited About}
The return of college football on Saturdays!!  And perferably, The Alabama Crimson Tide!!  Roll Tide Roll!

Image result for alabama football

{What I'm Watching/Reading}
This month, Wayne and I finished the first and only season of Bloodline. So many people have been talking about this show and my friend, Jennifer, kept going on and on about it.  So we watched it and it was soooo sloooow!  OMGoodness! I will admit that the last three episodes, it did pick up, but Wayne swears that's thirteen hours {episodes} of his life that he'll never get back.

Last week on my FB feed, this series popped up: The Bregdan Chronicles. If you liked Gone With The Wind, I highly suggest this series. I finished the first book of the series and it was really good! The genre is Christian Historical Fiction, but it is more historical fiction to me, which I like to revert back to from time to time.

A book I DID finish this month and LOVED was Chevy Stephens, Those Girls.  Very suspenseful! Maybe a little too graphic for some.


{What I'm Listening To}
If you remember, last month, I told you that my XM radio subscription had expired so I've been listening to the "Preview Channel" and even with the "sign up now 'commercials,'" the music isn't half bad!  Alise likes to hear "I Found Myself A Cheerleader" {of course!} and "Fight Song."  And I swear there's an artist out right now that sounds just like Barry Gibb of the Bee Gees!!

{What I'm Wearing}
I can't remember the last time I bought anything new! Other than a few things from Jane.com or Groopdealz, I haven't bought anything this summer due to my accident.  My friend Jennifer is having a Cabi sale in September and then I plan to do some major shopping when we're in Dallas in October!  Can't wait for that!

{What I'm Doing This Weekend}
Friday night, we have a RO Football game at home and we don't mind taking Alise because I swear our concession stand has the best burgers in town during football season!!  And they're cheap, too! Alise likes to run around with her friends and cheer with the cheerleaders on the field. Our private school is so small and the atmosphere is so family friendly, that as long as she "checks" in with us every fifteen/twenty minutes, we tend to let her do her thing.  It gives me a chance to see friends and catch up with what's going on at school.

On Saturday night, I have a hot date, so I'm excited about that!

{What I'm Looking Forward To Next Month}
Cooler temps. No humidity. Enough said.

{What Else Is New}
I was SO excited to see this Girlie back in uniform for the Friday pep rally! Alise is her happiest when she's cheering for and with her friends on the field. I am SO proud of her and the young lady she is becoming - minus the mood swings, of course!


7 comments:

  1. Love these posts - I need to remember to do this one of these months! Hope you and Felicia can part ways soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your post!! That teacher gift is so cute. I definitely know all my teacher friends would love it! I love that you have a community and school where Alise can roam around! I don't have children yet, but when I do I hope to have a community like yours!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bloodline is so good! I was really into it. Love that pencil holder and I want that beef and broccoli!
    Trish - tales from trish

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look at her in that sweet little uniform! Prayers for a good visit with the doctor.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that pencil cup! Hope your doctor says it's time to get rid of the boot & crutches!! I believe we're going to have to agree to disagree on football...Auburn grad over here ; )
    Kelsey
    www.thepeacockroost.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love everything here!! Thanks for linking up with us! xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Here from Waiting on Wednesday. Hopefully you'll get off the boot soon!!
    The pencil holder is so cute.

    ReplyDelete