Wednesday, August 12, 2015

What's Hap - "Pinning"

This past weekend when our temperatures climbed well over the 100 degree mark, I decided to take the opportunity to begin looking at fall transition outfits. {It's no secret to y'all that have been reading my blog that I'm over summer.} And what I discovered, is that it really all comes down to layering. Duh!  But here in Louisiana, we aren't even ready to layer "appropriately" until about November. Ugh! So I decided to save the layering post for another week and share with you today some pins I liked for those of us in the South who have to transition to an indian summer before actual fall.

The Classic White Shirt

Whether it's for the office or a casual night out with friends, a white shirt is always in style and it looks good with basically anything.  For the office, pairing it with a black maxi skirt would be a new twist for me and something I'm seriously thinking about trying. 

       Simple.  White shirt, jeans, statement necklace.   Relaxed white shirt, black maxi and sandals.... easy style ck...good for a hot day, you can spritz with water to keep skirt cool and white top looks great   

Leggings/Skinny Jeans

Leggings are a nice transition and my go to for fall and winter.  I can't tell you how many pairs and colors I have, but I wear them nearly everyday and I'm so thankful that we can wear them to the office. But please remember, girls, as Sheaffer says: Leggings are NOT PANTS!  I normally wear mine with a long tunic or dress and boots. I wear my skinny jeans on the weekends. As for ripped jeans, I'm debating on just how "ripped" is appropriate for my age.  I have a pair of Vigoss jeans that have holes in them and I love them, but for some reason, ripped jeans remind me of my teen years of the 80s and Bon Jovi!

   The Pink Lily Boutique - A Chevron Dream Tunic, $32.00 (http://www.thepinklilyboutique.com/a-chevron-dream-tunic/)           Tips: Pair a loose sweater over another loose top, and add skinny jeans. Read more: http://www.gurl.com/2015/01/31/style-tips-on-how-to-layer-your-clothes-tops-for-winter-outfit-ideas/#ixzz3QiUBtWgM               Seaside Tunic               
Check out this great post I found about wearing leggings HERE.

Booties

There have been so many posts about booties!  They make the transition a little easier to tall boot wearing season, but I'm also known for wearing them in the dead of winter, too!  Here are some of my favs! Peep-toe and fringe booties are definitely the rage this season!

       Taupe Buckle Booties. Want, but sadly not in stock.   Chinese Laundry Bizarre Cognac Leather Cutout Peep Toe Booties at Lulus.com!   The Steve Madden Ponncho Taupe Suede Fringe Ankle Boots are flirty with the fringe on top! Genuine leather suede constructs these adorable Western style booties that have a pointed toe, and fringe cascading along the side of a 4.5" shaft. Rounded collar has a pull tab at back, and a 4.5" zipper at the instep offers easy slip-on access. 3.5" stacked cone heel. Cushioned insole. Synthetic sole has nonskid markings. Available in whole and half sizes. Measurements are for a size 6. Leather upper. Balance man made materials. Imported.


Back To School Teacher Gifts

Last Friday, I shared all the teacher happies that Alise has taken to her teachers on the first day of school.  Well, she's in the fifth grade now and walking in with a pencil vase of fresh flowers would be oh-so embarrassing for her, so I been pinning some more "mature" happies lately.  You can find all my back to school pins on my board HERE.

                         10 Creative Teachers Gifts for the First Day of School    


Bacon Corn Dip

You know that I simply could not write a pinning post without a great recipe, right? I've been ranting about this dip all summer and this past weekend when Kristin and her family came over {Hi, Kristin!}, we - as in the adults - devoured this! There was only like a spoonful left over for the kiddos and they were ticked about it, too!  Make. this. dip!  Enough said!


Bacon Corn Dip - This dip is unbelievably creamy and addicting. It's so good, you'll want to just skip the chips and eat this with a spoon!

Today I'm linking up with Jenn & Jessi for What's Hap-"pinning" Wednesday! I'm also linking up with a few fashion blog parties HERE and HERE and While I'm Waiting.

                                                        

14 comments:

  1. You know - I dont own a white button down!! I need to put that on my list for fall. They are such a classic staple! I love leggings and tunics! I just discovered capris leggings for summer! Love them! Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bacon corn dip looks amazing! I'm not looking forward to fall BUT I could get on the fall bandwagon if I had a couple pairs of those booties! Trish - tales from trish

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bacon corn dip?? Yum! Love the cute back to school ideas for the teachers--very cute and useful :)
    All of those Fall looks are great and perfect for the cooler Fall weather that is sure to be around the corner!
    Thanks for linking up!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. G'morning, Laura!! Loving those looks, and that bacon corn dip looks amazing!!! YUM! Thanks for sharing! Have a fabulous day! xo - Brenda // Chatting Over Chocolate

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the reminder, I need a new white button down. My under arms are getting grungy in the ones I have. Lol! Pinning that dip; bacon heaven right there!! Hope your Wednesday is going GREAT so far!!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just saw a cute dress on Big Mama's fashion Friday that I'm going to order to wear with leggings for the fall - love that look!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love a good white shirt, skinny jeans, leggings, and booties!! I have distressed denim shorts that I got this summer and love. It feels normal because shorts are already so casual...I still don't know if I can do distressing on actual jeans.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Excuse me, bacon and corn dip? YUM! Thanks for linking up today! xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ok, I'm trying this bacon corn dip ASAP. It looks delicious! I loved all of the pins! Such a fun post!
    Stopping by from the Pleated Poppy Link-up!

    -Adriele
    www.StyleAssisted.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm a little obsessed with white shirts - I think I have too many to count! It's hot here right now, but within about six weeks it will definitely be fall layering weather. That bacon and corn dip looks so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That damn bacon corn dip....I want it. My husband hates anything with canned corn so if I make it I will end up wearing it. :) Love these transitional pieces....I'm so ready!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That dip looks awesome. And how is it possible I don't own a single white button up shirt. I think I need to fix that asap!!! Have a great weekend !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great Fall uniform pieces. That did looks so good. You always have the most tempting recipes on here. Have a great weekend, Laura.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, girl, I am making that Bacon Corn Dip. My 13-year-old says that bacon is the king of meats, so I expect it will be very popular here!

    ReplyDelete