Sunday, July 05, 2015

Post 4th of July Post

I just have to brag on my husband!  He is one of the most kind-hearted people you will ever meet and he gets that from his own late father. Not only do they share the same name, but they share the same heart, too, and I was SO PROUD of him last week when he took it all upon himself to bless a close friend and co-worker and his wife with a small "sprinkle," complete with homemade ice cream at 6:00 in the morning! I had wanted to have a shower at our house for Chad and Jannah, but then Felicia came along and ruined everything! So Wayne took it upon himself to collect money from his co-workers, buy the gift, and make the homemade ice cream!  All I had to do was order the cupcakes, and seeing how Jannah was decorating Ryker's nursery, well, it was an easy decision!  Here's a pic of the happy parents-to-be {Remember!  This was at like 6:00 in the morning at the UPS offices!}!



If you have been following my blog, you may not even remember last December when I posted an ultrasound picture as one of my 1,000 gifts. Please go back and click on the link and reread that day's short post because it was an AMAZING gift that God gave me that day and THESE are our friends who will be celebrating the gift VERY soon!!  I am over the moon happy for them!

I hope your 4th of July holiday was awesome!  Mine started out with a big BANG!  I woke up with a major migraine on Saturday morning and to the sound of pouring rain! Ugh!  Some essential oils, two Excedrin, one of Alise's canned cinnamon rolls {Poor thing had to make her own breakfast!}, and a "real" Diet Coke later, it began to ease and I was able to get out of bed to get a shower and "put a face on," as my daddy calls it.

My parents came over to eat later that afternoon. We used this recipe for our sliders, Southern Plates' Macaroni & Cheese {because a certain ten year old was craving mac & cheese}, and mom made my favorite baked beans. We had all the trimmings for our slider burgers, too, and I must say they tasted so much better with some slices of bacon.  I'm going to try the recipe again using a different grade of hamburger and add some bread crumbs to the mixture. Wayne had a hard time flipping them on the grill without them falling apart. We also made homemade Butterfinger Ice Cream for dessert.  It is SO good and I'll be sharing the recipe later this week so stay tuned! I only snapped one picture of my mom, me, and Alise.  The lighting in our house and my cellphone just do not work well together.



One of the perks to where I work is that the hospital opens up the top floor of the parking garage for the annual fireworks on July 4th and Christmas. It's for employees only, and I have to admit that it's one of the better seats in the city to watch the fireworks. We met up with some friends and snacked and visited while we waited for the fireworks to begin. As we passed in front of the ER to get to the parking garage, the sky was so pretty and the flag looked so great against it, but just as I was about to snap the picture, Wayne took off through the red light.  After the rain all day, the evening turned out to be pretty cool, but it was still a nice evening for fireworks!





Alise was in full blown crazy mode all weekend!  You can tell in the pictures!

On Sunday, we went to church with my mom and dad again.  Their pastor's sermon was spot on about what we, as Christians, need to be doing during this time a cultural change in our country.  I'll share more about this later, but I'll leave you with one word: PRAY. After church, we went to Red Lobster for lunch and I had my favorite, Cajun Chicken Fettucine.  No matter how hard I try, I just can't make this dish the way Red Lobster does!


I am loving this red and white bandolino maxi dress I ordered off Amazon a few weeks ago. It is so comfortable and just the right length for me. It seems I was "twinning" with several of my Instagram friends, as well! I posted a pic on IG of Felicia meeting Goldie for the first time.  They hit it off pretty well.  I'm also happy to report that I made some progress this weekend with just using one crutch! So, so thankful for that! Thank you so much, friends, for letting me know that you're praying for me.  I ask that you continue to pray for healing.  I'm not going to lie.  Being in a boot and having to rely on crutches is NO FUN and so depressing.  There are days when I think that I'm never going to be able to walk again without them, but I believe I'm about to turn the corner. I have a doctor's appointment on Friday to see the orthopedist again and I fully expect for him to say three more weeks in the boot, but I'll make it.

I'll be in and out of Blog Land for the next few weeks so my posts probably won't be as regular.  As I've said before, July 4th marks the midpoint of our summer break and so I'm going to enjoy as much time as I can with this girl before we have to start getting ready for her first day of 5th grade! It will be here before we know it!



21 comments:

  1. Oh how I remember losing the crutches, those suckers hurt my arms and hands. Great progress! Awesome husband for sure. Thanks for sharing that inspiration with the rest of us. Lucky gal you are.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Michelle! Yes, the crutches are beginning to make my arms and hands hurt, too. I'm so over them!

      Delete
  2. Oh, love the maxi dress, so cute on you. Is there anything that you can't get on Amazon? :o)) Wishing you a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you had a great fourth and you're husband does sound pretty amazing. So happy for your friends. I'm going to try to not even think about that Butterfinger ice cream. Love that maxi dress on you. I know yellow is your favorite color, but red looks so good on you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Megan! I like red, too! I wear it more in the winter though.

      Delete
  4. Oh my gosh what a sweet family!!! :) I love your red maxi too! You look fab!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the baseball cupcakes! That maxi is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love, love, love that Wayne did this for his employee & friend. What a great man you got girl!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mmmm the baseball cupcakes look delicious! And so pretty too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great 4th and I love your red dress!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like a fun weekend! I LOVE that red dress on you - absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great guy you have! How sweet! Love, love that red maxi dress! So glad you had a great 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So precious! You and your family are so gorgeous and I am over the moon for that dress!!! Don't Blame you one bit for not blogging as often. Here we are on vacation and I am still commenting on my faves but putting iPad down now and going to the beach!!! Have a great day!

    livingoncloudandreanine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Enjoy your vacation, Andrea, and thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  12. Love the dress you wore for the 4th! I'm sorry to hear you woke up with a migraine - i know how terrible that could be, but I'm glad it quickly went away!!! Hope you're having a great week! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks like you had a lot of fun, even with a migraine and a foot in a boot! I love your red dress! You look very pretty in it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Amy! My dear Boho Friend!

      Delete
  14. What a fun Fourth, and I love your outfit! Summer goes by so fast, and I've changed my schedule around to fit the kids' too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Dee! And thanks for stopping by and reading!

      Delete