Thursday, July 30, 2015

Own It {July Linkup}

Okay, so I'm a little late to the party, but at least I'm here!  I don't normally post on Thursdays {I'm "owning it!" And I also don't normally post two posts in one day like I did yesterday! - WHAT is WRONG with me?? But I'm "owning it!"} 

One of my favorite blogs to read is Christina's over at The New Mrs. She's a happy newlywed and loves to entertain and cook and I've found that even though there are quite a few years between our ages, we do have alot in common. So stop by, say hello, tell her I sent you and join in the fun today! 'Cause today we're "owning it!"  I feel so SASSY!



{insomnia.} I haven't slept, y'all, and I'm rationing my Ambien.  I have like two pills left and I'm holding out every night thinking, okay, maybe tonight's the night I'll get some good quality sleep. It ain't happening. I also have some Tylenol with codeine that the ER doc PRESCRIBED - thankyouverymuch! - when I had my accident in June, but those just don't work as well.  I'M CALLING MY DOCTOR TODAY AND ASKING FOR MORE AMBIEN. First and foremost, let me clarify that I am not a druggie, but due to peri-menopause - WHICH I have diagnosed myself! - I CANNOT FREAKIN' SLEEP!!  

{ketchup.} I'm not a druggie, but Hello.  My name is Laura and I'm a ketchupolic.  I eat ketchup on everything.  I warmed up Alise a Lean Cuisine spaghetti entree last night for supper and put ketchup on it, so I'm warping my kid, too. I simply refuse to eat french fries if there is no ketchup available.

{The Eagles.} Some of you reading this don't even know who The Eagles are, but suffice is to say that after seeing pics on Facebook, I'm ticked that I didn't just bite the bullet and buy tickets for Wayne's birthday to their show last night in Shreveport! I mean, really!  It's The Eagles!

{the Nordstrom sale.} Over it, y'all.  Over. It!  However, I will be making a special appearance - live! - in October! 

{National Lipstick Day.} And because yesterday was #NationalLipstickDay, I thought I would let you know that I "own" these two colors: MAC's Red, and Estee Lauder's Rubelite!  They're my two favs and I wear them all the time.

Peace out.  But be sure to stop by tomorrow for Friday Favorites, because I'll be on my soap box talkin' 'bout some celebrities!

14 comments:

  1. Ugh insomnia. THE WORST! I have a hard time sleeping just in general, so I could only imagine what it's like for you :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. And you own it so well girlfriend!!! Love this!! I haven't been sleeping well either, must be that 40's thing, NO...not ready for the big M!!! (menopause. Lol) It's coming for us and we must fight it!! I love the Eagles and have 6 of their hits on my iPod. Son's quote "mom, are the Eagles like a mascot?" Ha!!! Have a great day pretty lady!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG, Andrea! Your son's comment totally cracked me up! Yes! We have to fight the M-word!! Or either get some darn good drugs and plenty of wine!!

      Delete
  3. The Eagles are great!
    Kelsey
    http://www.thepeacockroost.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes to ketchup – It goes with e v e r y t h i n g! How did I miss National Lipstick Day?! I must celebrate today to makeup for it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ya know, I am big Eagles fan! I saw them at the Hollywood bowl a few years ago. You need to get tickets to another show!! Happy Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Katelyn! I'll see if the Eagles are doing another show nearby!

      Delete
  6. You are so funny. EAGLES - YES, YES, YES! My husband and I love the Eagles. How lucky are you. They came to Charlotte not too long ago and we missed them due to unexpected "life." I did a whole post about menopausal sleep issues - if you care to read it, it might make you feel like you are not alone (Sleepless in Charlotte - in February archives). When my nights get out of control I have to go for the strong stuff (anti-anxiety med) literally have to knock me out. It's the worst feeling night after night after night.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Headed to your blog now to read your article, Michelle! Glad I'm not alone! Maybe we should email and "talk" when we can't sleep! Ha!

      Delete
  7. Insomnia is so frustrating. Have you tried Tylenol PM? I usually take it 2 hours before bed and it works wonders for me. And no prescription needed. I don't function well when I get bad sleep, so I hear you! My husband eats ketchup on everything. I never understand how we go through the bottle of ketchup so quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How entertaining! There are some "perks" to aging and one of them is leaving menopause behind. :o))) Yes, FF definitely have to have ketchup or they are not FF in my book. My DIL struggles with Insomnia and has for years. I generally sleep very well. Always fun to stop by Laura!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm kicking myself too for not buying tickets for the Eagles! I'm just sick! You know I feel your pain on the insomnia! It's horrible. But I must say, it's getting better, FINALLY!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We should have double dated, Leigh!

      Delete
  10. If I hear NORDSTROM ANNIVERSARY SALE one more time I am gonna hurl!! Over it!!!! You've made your stinking commission already!!Get a life...the general public is already aware of the sale and we can shop for ourselves, not your size 0, in the junior's department!!!

    ReplyDelete