Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Hodge Podge Wednesday

It's Hodge Podge Wednesday!  And I have to admit that I wasn't going to participate today - because I had another post for today - but when I saw that there wouldn't be a HP prompt for next week, I changed my mind.  A girl can change her mind, right?

I have to say that I'm loving all the blogger's writing prompts I'm finding these days.  I'm usually in three funks: 1) I actually  have something to write about, 2) I have something to write about and don't feel like writing, or 3) have absolutely NOTHING to write about and feel like writing!  Do you ever feel that way?  Right now, I'm in mode 3, so that's why I'm thankful for prompts!  Here we go!


1.  I recently read here about four secrets to happiness from around the world. They were-

Overcome your fears by facing them head on, allow yourself to relax and reset, work to live versus living to work, and find the good in life. Not sure if these are the actual secret to happiness, but which of the four do you struggle with most? Which one comes most easily to you?

Hard question first of all. It's hard for me to relax and reset.  I'm always thinking about what I should be doing, what I need to be doing, what I'm going to do, what I could have done better...which is the reason for most of my insomnia at night!  I literally can. NOT. shut off my brain! Work to live would be easiest for me because I know God did not make me a stay at home mom.  I've always wanted to be a professional and have a career.  Having said that, I have to work to support the lifestyle I'm accustomed to {insert grin!}!

2. How would you spend a found $20 bill today?
Okay so the question said "spend," so that means I'm off the hook to say "save it." I would buy a new tube of MAC lipstick or a new bottle of Essie or OPI nail polish.

3. Ego trip, power trip, guilt trip, round trip, trip the light fantastic, or trip over your own two feet...which 'trip' have you experienced or dealt with most recently? Explain.
Seriously, I've never heard of "trip the light fantastic," so Joyce has got me there! I would have to say roundtrip. What should have been a Monroe/Houston/Honolulu roundtrip ended up being Monroe/Houston/Los Angeles/Honolulu trip for us back in April, causing us to be up for 24 straight hours and missing our Pearl Harbor excursion for the day. The day flying back was much less eventful.  I hate our airport!

4. If you could master any physical skill in the world what would it be, and how would you use that skill?
I've been watching too many cooking shows lately.  I want to be able to chop vegetables really, really fast!  Like, bam-bam-bam-bam-bam! That's physical, right?  Remember, I don't like to sweat.

5. As July draws to a close, let's take inventory of our summer fun. Since the official first day of (North American) summer (June 20th) have you...been swimming? enjoyed an ice cream cone? seen a summer blockbuster? camped? eaten corn on the cob? gardened? deliberately unplugged? watched a ballgame? picked fruit off the vine? taken a road trip? read a book?  Are any of these activities on your must-do-before-summer-ends list?
Swimming, check; ice cream, check; summer blockbuster, check; camping causes sweating, so no; corn on the cob, check; gardened, of course not! Unplugged, what are you talking about? watched a ballgame, check; picked fruit? Nope! taken a road trip, check; read a book, check {You can click on the link above to see what books I've read this summer}.

6. The Republican Presidential candidates will debate on August 6th. What's your question?
I know I should be a better model citizen, but honestly, this question is too early for me.  I only know of two Republican candidates and that's Donald Trump {I think!} and Mike Huckaby.  Shame. on. me.

7. What's your most listened to song so far this summer?
Style by Taylor Swift.

8.  Insert your own random thought here.
I am ready for fall.  That is all.

15 comments:

  1. I missed Hodgepodge two weeks now and next week with Joyce not doing it will be three. I didn't think I would love these as much as I do, until I didn't do one. Like you, I have had posts scheduled out so couldn't do them. You always make me smile with your answers. Especially #1 - I love your honesty. My song right now by Taylor Swift is Shake it Off, I think that is the title of it, only because my granddaughter dances to it all the time and it truly is a workout to keep up with her (she's 2).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love your skill answer! I'd love to be able to work a knife like the professional chefs do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I once tried chopping really fast and ended up with a sliver of fingernail getting into a big veggie salad. I had to throw the whole thing out, and it was just before guests arrived. :-( Enjoyed your answers and laughed at your dislike of sweating. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooo - two posts in one day...love it! I agree on the politics. It is just too early for all these candidates. It is over a year til the election! And yes, I'm definitely ready for fall too. The temps have been scorching lately!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun post to Laura! Great idea. On that summer fun list I've actually done everything except for camping and being unplugged! I really want to be unplugged but with the blog and the family it's kind of hard to do that plus I'm always needing to google something! I'm ready for Fall too, bring it on! I'm so over this hotness and stickiness!

    livingoncloudandreanine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm still fully loving summer but at the same time I'm getting so giddy for fall too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. GIrl, like you I don't like to sweat (and I sweat not glisten)! Maybe that is why my summer has been more of inside things like teaching summer school! I enjoy cooking for dad and try to be all bam bam bam but it is more bam bam move the veggie bam bam move my fingers…LOL! School hasn't started and I am ready for fall break! Definitely ready for cooler temperatures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laura, your "bam bam" is the same as my "bam bam."

      Delete
  8. If I thought I listened to Taylor Swift a lot before the concert it doesn't even compare to how much I am listening to her now! Olivia is listening to her 24/7. It is a good thing I like all her songs too!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wasn't the concert great, Sandy! I'll never forget that experience with Alise!

      Delete
  9. Totally glad to know other bloggers go through these same ups and downs....I always have 1000 things running through my mind I want to write about but lately I have not had any time to actually sit down and write without taking away from family time and summer = family time!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so ready for fall too. I don't do well with hot summer days.

    ReplyDelete
  11. We did our summer list in the same format! So funny!

    I hope you can stop by:

    http://collettaskitchensink.blogspot.com/2015/07/hodepodge-72915.html

    Colletta

    ReplyDelete
  12. Completely understand the 3 modes you mentioned in your intro. Just because I'm quiet on the blog doesn't mean I have nothing to say. And just because I post something doesn't mean I really had something to say. Haha. I'm not a camper, either (hate sweating too) so there is zero appeal.Tried it, hated sweat, bugs, noises in the night, outdoor plumbing...ick.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sixteen republican candidates is crazy, I only know these two names too.

    ReplyDelete