Monday, June 08, 2015

Weekend Recap

I'm such a bad mother!  I completely forgot to spend some time bragging about Baby Girl here on the blog!  Her awards ceremony was May 20th and we kinda had something else on our brain that day - like a Taylor Swift concert - so I didn't even get last day of school pics with her friends and teachers.  Oh, well.

I am SO proud of Alise!  Wayne and I both are!  She won awards for all A's all year (Yay, mom!) and highest grades in science, social studies, and math.  I kinda suspected the social studies, because I knew she had a 100 average in that subject for the whole year, but the science and math came as a big surprise!  She had 99 averages in both of those subjects for the year.  She missed spelling by one lousy point {which I was really, really surprised about because the child can't spell to save her life!}! 




Why, yes!  That would be my child with the big, white bow in her hair!  Could barely get her to wear one all year, much less pull her hair back on the sides. She's definitely going to be my jeans and t-shirt girl and it. is. killing. me! And those sandals she has on?  Size 7!  That's what freakin' size I wear!!

Alise's friend to the right of her in the picture was the class mate that participated in the National Spelling Bee a few weeks ago.  Unfortunately, Naysa didn't make it to the semi-finals because her scores on written exams were not high enough, but she still has not misspelled a single word!  Her parents have been so proud of her on Facebook! You can read about her journey, HERE.  Alise was so excited to see her friend on National TV!  She watched the spelling bee last Thursday and saw Naysa!

Now, on to our weekend.  Remember the fish and ice cream? Well, just like my friend, Leigh said, it turned out perfect! We had friends over Saturday evening, the kids swam and played outside with Nerf guns until way past dark, the parents got to socialize and the food was oh-so good!  I ended up making this salad that I posted about on Friday, but I added some bow tie pasta to it to curb my carb cravings.  It tasted so good and will definitely be a summer favorite for us! I also threw together this vignette for the island at the last minute.  I picked up some pineapples at the grocery store and used my largest pineapple cut rose bowl for the centerpiece.  I thought it turned very nice for last minute!


On Friday night, Wayne and I were blessed with an impromptu date night when Alise decided to stay over at my parents' house with my niece and nephew. Instead of going out, we decided to stay home and grilled steaks at the cook shack! Wayne fixed me his summer concoction of 2015 - he throws together a different pool side drink every summer - and I can happily say that we completed the third season of House of Cards.  We're also two episodes away from finishing Scandal for this season. Here's a picture of "summer concoction 2015."


In other news, I FINALLY got a pedicure this weekend! I'm ashamed to say that it's been since before Hawaii that I've had one, so my feet were in sad, sad shape!  Wayne had had just about all he could stand of the purple polish! So I'm happy to report that my toes are now a nice pinkish, orangish color (I can't remember the name of the polish, but it was OPI).  Anyway, I went to a new nail salon on Saturday and I am in love with the place!  It's a little more expensive but the service and experience was great! 

In case you're wondering, I wore camo and coral on Saturday! I was going to change that evening before our company arrived, but y'all!  These Old Navy shorts (this link shows the shorts a little more "orangy") are SO comfortable that I just decided to keep wearing what I had on. 


Enjoy your Monday!  It's gonna be a HOT one!  I walked three miles this morning at 5AM and then celebrated with Sonic's breakfast cinnamon snack thingies dipped in cream cheese frosting.  Go figure!

10 comments:

  1. I would love it if my hubby made me a fun cocktail, but alas I am the drink maker in the family. Yours looks very yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought of you Friday night, Vicki! We would be such the martini sisters if distance allowed it! I plan to post the "concoction recipe" soon and you can tell me what you think. Our friend that came over Saturday night, said she didn't think it was sweet enough, but I'm not in to sweet, frozen drinks. Have a great day by the pool!!

      Delete
  2. Alise is one smart cookie!! Adorable too. Your evening with friends, and date night sound perfect. I need to get Mark to whip up some more cocktails this summer. Now that the yard work is done, we can finally sit and enjoy one! And yes, it is so flipping hot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations to Alise! Highest averages in social studies, science, and math - very impressive. Maybe you have a future engineer?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha, Renee!! As anal retensive as she is, that would be my luck! I'm secretly hoping for something in the medical field, though! Happy Monday!

      Delete
  4. Congrats to Alise (and you, I know you've had to help with tons of projects)! That outfit with the camo and shorts is so cute! And I've been craving the cinnamon sticks you can get from Pizza Hut (random) so those Sonic things sound awesome right about now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awe Alise is a little smarty pants! Congrats to her :) I'm sure she was so excited about those awards. And well deserved! Who has 100% in a subject? Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow!! Congrats Alise! Sounds like she had a great year! Love the shorts and camo combo! This reminds me, I need a pedicure desperately. Maybe this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats to your daughter - what a great year! Love your camo tshirt and shorts!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That drink looks divine. as does your centerpiece. I want that Happy Everything platter! Congrats to your daughter. You must be one proud mama! :)

    ReplyDelete