Tuesday, June 09, 2015

Pulled Pork Sandwiches

So today I'm giving you a deal.  A "two-fer."  A two-for-one kinda of deal.  What I'm sharing is TWO recipes wrapped up in ONE!  I took a Horton family favorite to another oh-so GREATNESS level!  It's easy.  AND it's leftover worthy.

Unfortunately, dear readers, I didn't realize just how awesome this new twist was going to be, so I'll go ahead and apologize now for the lack of step by step pictures.  But the recipe's so easy, you won't need pictures!



I put the pork loin in the crock pot before I left work on Friday morning and finished it up when I got home that evening.  The family inhaled it!

Pulled Pork Sandwiches

1 3-5 lb. pork tenderloin
bacon
Italian dressing
Tony Chachere's seasoning
1 cup of water
barbeque sauce
1/2 cup of water
buns

I'm very particuliar about my pork tenderloins.  I usually buy the Hormel or Tyson brands because they are leaner. You can also buy them flavored, but I usually just buy the plain.  Wash off the meat and then sprinkle with Tony's. Wrap loin in bacon and place in crockpot. Pour Italian dressing over meat (I use a whole small bottle or about 3/4 of a large bottle of dressing but it depends on the pound of meat).  Add 1 cup of water and cook on low for 8-10 hours.

You can stop here with the recipe if you want.  I usually do. I slice the meat and serve with a vegetable, salad, and some type of starch.  So there's recipe #1.

But remember, I said there would be TWO recipes and so thanks to Mr. Horton getting a cravin for BBQ a few weeks ago, I decided to take it a step further.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Remove meat from the crockpot and shred by using two forks.  This recipe works best if the meat is pulled apart well and not clumpy. Transfer the shredded meat to a casserole and add the barbeque sauce. Any brand or favorite flavor will work.  I used Kraft's Original Recipe. But again, it depends on the pounds of meat you have as to how much sauce to add.  Mix the sauce and the meat well to coat evenly. Stir in 1/2 cup of water and then bake for 30 minutes or until meat begins to bubble on the sides.

Serve on buns with a side of fries, cole slaw, or salad.  I actually ate just the meat without the bun and it was delish!
Our Three Peas

6 comments:

  1. These recipes sound great! I love a good crock pot recipe! Thanks for the walking advice, I am going to do just that, start with 30 minutes and work up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just bought a tenderloin this week so we might just have to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds amazing! I love that you wrap it in bacon...awesome twist on pulled pork!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmm I love pulled pork!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum!! I was hoping this was going to be a crockpot thing - Can't wait to try!

    ReplyDelete