Monday, June 15, 2015

A Weekend On Crutches Recap

You girlies crack me up!  And oh, how I needed it last Friday!  That was day #3 of pain killers and anti-inflammatory drugs that weren't working {at least not on my foot!}. Three days of no make up, unwashed hair, and going-out-of-my-mind  with boredom! Even the wrapping and the ice packs weren't helping with the swelling and I began having heart palpitations {another sign of peri-M} over whether or not my foot may be truly broken and they misdiagnosed it in the ER.  It's happened to people before. So Friday night, I just got ticked!  I refused to go to sleep with it elevated or wrapped and when I woke up Saturday, I was looking at my new/old foot!  For a while at least.  Until it started swelling again.  

I laid in the bed until 11:00, giving my new/old foot the stink eye, while Wayne went to help a friend {because I'm the nice wife that says, "Sure, go ahead!  I'll just DIE here today in the recliner!"}. Finally, I couldn't stand it anymore and I hollered for Alise to get all my hair products together and get me a towel because I was bound and determined that I was washing my hair.  Right then.  And I did!  At the kitchen sink!  I blow dried it and used my sexy can of hairspray and now I know why they offer hair services in the nursing home!  I felt like a new woman! I even "put on a face" as my daddy calls it!

I surprised the heck out of Wayne when he walked into the bedroom a little after noon.  He had a smile on his face and said, "My girl's back."  I said, "Not quite.  Now get a shower so we can get. out. of. this. house!"

A local restaurant was donating a percentage of the sales that day to a family whose little boy was diagnosed with cancer earlier this year. I had seen it on Instagram earlier that day and decided that I was really craving a burger and sweet potato fries. So we had a late lunch and I think Wayne was so happy to see me looking half way normal again that he took this picture of me and Alise.



After lunch, we had to make a very much dreaded Walmart run to get things that Alise would need for camp this week. And, of course, they insisted that I drive what I call, "the grandma cart." Trust me!  I felt like a grandma! But I was so glad that one was available because there was NO way I was going to be able to traipse all over that store on crutches!


On Sunday morning while Wayne and Alise were at church, my brain popped back in my head and I decided to search for which essential oils to use for swelling. I decided to use the tea tree oil so I rubbed some on my foot and ankle. Gosh that stuff smells like Pine-sol! But it helped.  Some.

On Sunday afternoon, I had some friends stop by to check on me and it was so nice!  Jennifer stopped by after church to tell me about her run in with the ER in San Antonio the week before.  Seems like we both suffered from the "Grace syndrome" last week!  Then the Lensings came over to swim and watch the LSU v. TCU game in the theater room! We ordered pizza and ate leftover homemade ice cream.  A perfect late night summer evening with friends.  I got one of the best compliments from Kristin.  She said she was so comfortable in our home that she didn't want to leave.  That made my night!

Hope your weekend was lovely, too, Peeps!  Enjoy this nice HOT week!  I'm off to take Baby Girl to camp and try to resume my regular routine this week as well!  I'm headed back to the office today with my ankle wrapped and on crutches!  Wish me luck!!


8 comments:

  1. You are the cutest "grandma" ever! How does the simple fact of washing one's hair make all the difference in attitude?

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to hear that you are feeling a little back to normal!! My kids would love if I had to drive around one of those "grandma carts!" Hope today goes well getting back into your routine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, Sandy! Alise was waiting with bated breath to drive it, but when we finally let her try, she didn't weigh enough so it wouldn't work! Ha! I guess that's one way to keep kids off of them in stores!

      Delete
  3. I love the grandma cart! Good luck back at work today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You poor thing! But your shorts are cute and your hair looks great! Get better quick! Susan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Susan! You sure know how to make a girl feel better!

      Delete
  5. Well, I'm glad you're starting to feel better and thank goodness for those silly WLmart scooters!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that even when you are on crutches, you are still the hostess with the mostest!! So very glad you are better!! 💜

    ReplyDelete