Tuesday, June 16, 2015

A Day In The Life On Crutches

So yesterday morning at 9:00, my mom and I dropped Baby Girl off at the church to leave for camp.  She. was. so. freakin'. excited!  She hadn't been this excited since the Taylor Swift concert and I was so glad that she was getting to go because I still remember my church camp days and the memories I made with my friends! I know she will have so much fun this week. So many of my church friends wanted to know what had happened to my foot, so I had to tell the story of me falling down the stairs a week ago (today).  Note to self: shave your legs! Ugh!!

Alise and her friend, E.  They are going to be bunk bed partners and it was so funny to hear all the "plans" they were making for the week!  Of course, I stayed until after the busses had pulled out, waving to my MiniMe a fond farewell!! 

Mom then drove me to work and got me situated in my office.  My boss convinced me that I should really get a second opinion as to the state of my sprain.  She said that I could have torn some tendons or ligaments, so I called Wayne at work and told him I wanted to make an appointment with an orthopedist (I had already been throwing this idea around in my head!). He agreed and would you believe that the two docs I requested were unavailable this week and out of town next week, so I'm seeing a PA on Thursday. I would appreciate your prayers on Thursday because if the word "broken" or "surgery" just happens to come up, I think I might just die right there on the table.  This is coming from the peri-M Mama that had never been to the ER until last week!

Mom had some errands of her own to run, so she offered to bring me lunch. Here's a pic of my crutches and my large Diet Coke from Chic-fil-a!  And yes!  I did have the cobb salad from there that I mentioned a few weeks ago because it's becoming a sort of "comfort food" in my book!  It was delish and I was able to make it through the rest of the afternoon going through three days worth of emails!

Mom picked me up from work and took me home.  I am so thankful to her for being my chauffeur yesterday!  She's the best! By the time I got home and took the wrap off, my leg was swollen as well. Ugh! When will this ever end? When Wayne got home, I "test drove" - getting in and out of the car with crutches and all that jazz.  I passed - it didn't hurt to drive - and so today I'll be driving myself.  Yikes!  Look out, Peeps!

So how did we spend our first night as empty nesters?  We washed and folded clothes!  Fun, fun!  We debated going out to eat, but we're going out tonight instead.  I can't wait to get dressed up even if I am on crutches!  I'm debating tying pink bows on them.  I need to come up with a nick name for them?  Anyone have any good names for crutches? I also enjoyed a glass of wine and I got those legs shaved, too!

As for Baby Girl, she never even called us! We stayed up a little later waiting to hear from her and we never did.  So much for missing us!  But we're keeping up with her on FB.

Enjoy your Tuesday!  I have a hot date to look forward to tonight!


  1. I'm glad work went well! Have fun on your date night tonight!

  2. Hope you get good news at the visit on Thursday and so excited to Alise!

  3. Glad you can get back to driving but so sweet of your mom to help you out! Hope all is going well!

  4. Hope you had fun on your date - and that you get good news on Thursday!

  5. Anonymous3:44 PM

    Oh no! I hope your appointment goes well!