Tuesday, May 19, 2015

School Projects and Taylor Swift

Have I ever told y'all about the time I wanted to be a teacher?  I mean, like a history teacher? I'm a history buff, what can I say?  But all that was before I took a bookkeeping class in high school and all historical dates and wars were replaced with debits and credits.  The point I would like to make, though, is that if my plan had worked out instead of God's, I would at least like to think that I would be a fair teacher and NOT SCHEDULE PROJECTS THE LAST WEEK OF SCHOOL!!  I mean, WHO DOES THAT?!  So yeah!  For the last TWO weeks of school, we've had back to back projects!  And then the day before it's due, Alise calls me from afterschool on her friend's cellphone asking if we can change to a different option.  I told Baby Girl not NO, but you-know-what NO!  Had she lost her mind? Anyway, she made A's on both projects, school is over for the summer except for Awards Day on Wednesday and so somebody can stick a fork in me because I'm done, done, DONE with fourth grade!!

In other news, I can. not. WAIT! to give Alise Taylor Swift tickets tonight!! I have them wrapped up in a box with a sweet "Now that you are ten" letter attached to it (of course she doesn't "officially" turn ten until next Tuesday). We've had these tickets for nearly six months and she has NO idea!! I can't begin to tell you how many times I've wanted to just go ahead and tell her over the last two weeks! Friday morning, I needed to stop by the convenience store on the way to school to get some change, and while I was inside, the radio station announced that they would be giving TS tickets away on Monday and Tuesday at 8:00 am. When I got back in the car, I thought Alise was going into cardiac arrest telling me that we had to listen to the radio and could I listen at work so that I could win tickets! I said, "Alise?  Do you even know where this concert is?"  "Well, no. It's probably in Houston or somewhere like that." I said, "I'm not driving to Houston to see Taylor Swift!  She's going to be in Baton Rouge next weekend. Maybe they're giving tickets away to that concert." "Yeah, mom!  You're probaby right!"  Probably?  Really?  Sunday night, a friend of mine posted a pic on Facebook of Taylor's 18 wheeler trucks pulling into Shreveport. I showed Alise the picture and she got this very sad look on her face.  I feel guilty for building the excitement up, but oh, well!  She deserves it!  Because you don't know HOW many times I was ready to sell those tickets over her behavior and smart mouth!!

Just like this weekend!  I went in her room Saturday morning to help her find a dress for a wedding we were attending later that evening and every. single. one. of her dresses where on her closet floor wrinkled to no end!! Seriously. How much effort is required to hang something up?  Then she begins showing me where on the dresses they were dirty, so long story short, I got her butt in the car and we headed to town to find her a new dress.  We tried on and tried on and we argued until I nearly lost my religion right there in the Dillard's dressing room!  She already had a (dirty) green dress, but she was hell bent on getting another green dress!  So I bought it just to shut her up!  And then we had to buy shoes for her.  And then she was STARVING!  After all that, MAMA deserved a new dress!  So I bought me a new one, too! Here's a pic of the dresses we started out with for her.


And then I went home and took a nap!

And then we all got gussied up for the wedding that evening!  Oh, how I wish I could have gotten a pic of the three of us!




Every time I look at the pic of Alise and I, I think we look like flowers!  She's the stem and I'm the flower.  Ha! And let me just say what a mighty fine hair day I was having!  Especially on such a humid day!  My dress is by Chelsea & Violet (I love this brand!) and it was on sale that day for $70!  I am SO in love with yellow this season, y'all!  I'm seriously considering wearing this dress with my cowboy boots and a denim jacket to TS!  A friend of mine saw our picture on FB and asked to borrow my pearl necklace to wear to her son's graduation last night.  I was so shocked and humbled, and of course, I said yes.

Hope everyone is enjoying their Tuesday!

8 comments:

  1. So much fun! I have a 4th grader too and have felt more than once this year like I was gonna lose my mind! :) But, I have a feeling your daughter is going to lose her mind when you tell her about TS! SO fun!!! And, YES, wear your dress with boots and denim!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to hear about the Taylor Swift concert. I don't think a week goes by without Olivia mentioning the concert at least once! We can not wait! Your dress is amazing!!! I love everything about it and you look amazing in it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Sandra!

      Delete
  3. You guys look so adorable :) Love the dresses
    Chelsea @ thewilliamsjourney1.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your yellow dress! I think it would look so cute with boots and a denim jacket. You're better than me with keeping the TS tickets a surprise. I would have caved already!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait to hear about how excited she is when you give her the tickets!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you and baby girl had a blast at the concert. Can't wait to hear all about it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. For real....yellow is your color girl! That dress looks so good on you!!!

    ReplyDelete