Wednesday, May 06, 2015

My Obsession With Jackets?

First of all, thank you all for your sweet comments from yesterday's post!  I get so much encouragement from my readers and blog friends!  I hope I can be just half as encouraging as y'all are! Today is Wednesday and let me just say that it has been some kinda week for us, so I needed to hear your words.  Thank you!

I didn't realize I had such a facination with jackets.  And I don't really.  But I'm noticing a trend.  The last "fashion post" I did ALSO had to do with jackets.  If you don't remember, you can check it out here. I found these pics when I was cleaning up my photo albums on my old phone before I got my new cell phone. So I thought I would make a post out of them before I deleted them.  

Being a professional, I don't wear a jacket into the office every day, but I do have a certain dress code I have to maintain.  There are days when I "dress down" - I tend to go alot "casual-er" on Fridays. However, when the temps begin to rise here in Louisiana during the summer months, I'll switch to cardigans for the office because I freeze to death!


I think I posted this pic on Instagram and what a very UN-flattering pic it is!  I think I even said so on IG. Just keeping it real, y'all. Forget the wrinkled tank and the way I'm standing and concentrate on the yellow.  I scored this very comfy cotton swing jacket at our local Goodwill for $7 when I decided to go thrifting one day during my lunch break.  You can read about my first thrifting escapade here. I got lots of compliments at work on this 3/4 sleeve piece and it's thin enough that I can wear it all summer.  I'm wearing it with light gray slacks.


This jacket is a Bob Mackie that I bought at Belk YEARS ago.  It's a Tiffany blue tweed swing jacket with bell sleeves. I feel SO Jackie-O when I wear it.  I don't know why. It was perfect for the week after Easter when I was slammed with tax meetings all day! It's a little too dressy to wear casually with white denim, so I normally just wear it to work with black, gray, or tan slacks.



You can tell this picture was taken earlier.  Look at the trees behind me compared to the blue jacket pic.  Love, love, love my blue ankle pants!  This look was born from a similar pic on Pinterest.


Another oldie but goodie!  I picked this jacket up years ago at Stein Mart. I had some bling going on, of course. BTW, my black wedges came from Target and I LOVE them!



This is a funky look that I love: my KISS t-shirt and military jacket {Free People from Target!  Such a steal!}.  I wore this last fall on a date night.


Another fall look with my brown leather jacket.  I got so much wear out of this jacket, but wore it more casually than for office attire.

Thanks for stopping by!

I'm linking up with these parties this week!

   elegantlydressedandstylish.com   pleated poppy

      

I Feel Pretty Logo      Mix & Match Fashion

12 comments:

  1. Love, love the yellow jacket and the green military jacket! I need to find myself one of those military jackets!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love the yellow jacket and the green military jacket! I need to find myself one of those military jackets!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving the yellow and the military! I host a link up every Wednesday and would love it if you could stop by and add a link :)

    http://www.sydneyfashionhunter.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a jacket person too. I love the extra layer because I'm always cold! I really like your jackets - especially the blue Bob Mackie. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. you've got some great jackets!! the yellow one has to be my fav though, it's such a nice color on you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your jacket collection! I'm trying to build a more colorful jacket collection since mine are mostly grays and blacks. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that yellow jacket! What a great color for you! And I don't think that is unflattering at all! I think I need to add a floral blazer to my wardrobe! They look cute with everything! Thanks for linking up today! Happy weekend! Susan

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a gorgeous collection of jackets! My fav is the military style. Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Laura
    I love jackets too, kind of went crazy with some pastel jackets this spring, but you have some great taste and they can really make an outfit. Love the baby blue too!

    Thank you for linking up with Turning Heads Tuesday!
    jess xx
    www.elegantlydressedandstylish.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. You look so good in jackets. I've been trying to re-do my wardrobe and replace the cardigans with the jackets. They just add a little bit more structure to an outfit. Love that Free People one from Target. Such a cute outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh honey we could be best friends! I too love jackets and always on the lookout for a new one. The only problem we might have is I am a rabid GATOR fan! Yet I totally respect women that love football and especially SEC football! btw- There is nothing under the box Faith. As a Christian I was interested in your beliefs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Betty! Thanks for stopping by and reading today! The "rabid GATOR" fan totally cracked me up! I'm all about some SEC football, but we are diehard Bama fans! Thanks for asking about my Faith drop down because it reminds me that I really need to work on that page. My blog recently went through a face lift, so to speak, and so I haven't gotten around to updating my Faith page or any of the others, actually. I'm going to add that to my summer to do list! As for your question, I grew up Missionary Baptist and accepted Christ as my savior and baptized when I was 9. Our family now attends a local Southern Baptist church. My favorite Bible verse is Jeremiah 29:11. I hope this answers some of your questions!

      Delete