Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Mother's Day 2015

So about now, our family who reads our blog would probably like to know if Baby Girl is still alive. And the answer to that would be yes, why, yes, she is!

Barely.

Ha!  Not really, but y'all, what a week last week!!  GOOD GRIEF!!  I mean, I don't even know where to start!

We had four tests last week - "only" four, but I think my world began falling apart when I picked Alise up at after school on Wednesday.  She told me they had been working on this "project" in class for reading.  I was like, thank GOODNESS!  "In class" means nothing for mama! So when I picked her up, she said, "Mama, I gotta finish my project tonight.  It's due tomorrow."  Which totally freaked me out because I was like, why didn't you finish it in class? You've been working on it since Monday!! AND we had three tests to study for that night!  So I started breathing.  Really hard.

Not ONLY did she have a project and three tests to study for, she had an ENTIRE project to complete and three tests to study for!!  To say I was LIV-ID would be an understatement!!  She has never pulled something like this before and I made it perfectly clear that I was not a procrastinast and she wasn't going to be one, either {Playing God for my kids, indeed!!}!!  Wayne and I were still COLORING DRAWINGS AT NEARLY 10 O'CLOCK THAT NIGHT!!  Ugh!  So I was not happy. And I have yet to figure out why she didn't finish it in class!

In other news, Alise nearly made a home run Thursday night!  I was SO excited for her because it was a rather good team we were playing!  She actually hit the ball and it ran right down the third base line.  She made it to first, but the ball was over thrown.  It was over thrown again at second base.  About the time she rounded second and headed to third, I was on my feet hollering like a wild woman!!  She rounded third and was headed home per the third base coach, but he called her back to third.  She got caught, headed back to home and the third base player tagged her on the back.  Alise is a relatively fast runner (in my opinion), but the other player was just too darn close to her.  If she had been just a few more feet away, I think she could have made it!  It was just a bad call and she rolled with it.  No upset feelings or anythng and it was a very proud Moma moment!  Most of the girls on our team have been playing together since t-ball, so we have become quite the softball family. So the Horton's celebrated that night at Zaxby's and got sick!  Never again!  Yuck, yuck, yuck!!

On Thursday, I woke up with a migraine and kept it until yesterday morning.  I tried my best to not let it interfere with our weekend and the plans that Wayne and Alise had made for me on Mother's Day.  Alise had a sweet friend over Friday night and they begged me to take them to Chucky E. Cheese (that was the worst pizza I've ever eaten in my life!).  Oh, the things we do for our kids!  I came home and went straight to bed!  On Saturday, the girls begged to swim in our still-cloudy pool, but Abby can't swim, so I had to sit outside in the gray humidity, so that didn't help my headache, either. Then I battled Walmart after we took Abby home and came home with tons of groceries and we ate leftovers. Go figure.

On Sunday morning, I woke up to breakfast in bed prepared by MiniMe!  And it was the best darn breakfast I've ever eaten (since last year, of course!)!



I had bought lots of fruit the day before, so she made me a "fruit bowl" with pineapple, blackberries, strawberries, and bananas.  She was so sweet!  Alise said, "And mom, I dipped the bananas in lemon juice just like you do so they won't get brown!"  I loved how she included a picture of just me and her on the side!  Breakfast perfection!  She got me a card and a fantastic art piece that she did at school - that I forgot to take a picture of.  I cried all morning! Gosh, I was just so happy to be her mom!  And I still am!  She pushes the limit of my insanity at times, and I know that I nag her constantly, but she's the best kid in the world (in my opinion)!!

I am so glad that I recorded my first Mother's Day thoughts here.




Wayne and Alise took me out to lunch at Olive Garden.  We waited an hour to be seated, but it was worth it!  The chicken parm was calling my name!


And then I spent the remainder of the afternoon that was suppose to be for me, shopping and buying for my daughter instead!  I think I'm going to deem my future Mother's Days as "Mini & Me" days instead.  When I told her that I was going to spend the afternoon by myself shopping, she poured it on THICK!  She said, "But, Mom!  It's Mother's Day! I'm suppose to spend time with you! And i want to go to Bath & Body Works!"  What was I suppose to do?  We had a great afternoon until the groomers called and said that Jack had nearly bitten them when they tried to get around his face, so that ended our afternoon of shopping! Oh, well!  At least I got a pair of new shoes!

9 comments:

  1. I seriously love that she put a picture of you two on the tray! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A new pair of shoes equals a fabulous day in my book. Glad you had a nice Mother's Day. And I love me some olive garden! Salad and breadsticks for days

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a good day...even with Jack almost biting the groomer! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look fabulous in reds/pinks. I got breakfast in bed too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Priscilla! Those are normally my go to colors! Thanks for reading today!

      Delete
  5. Sounds like another Mother's Day memory! Be glad your daughter wanted to spend time with you. Hopefully, she will always want to do that. She is adorable. You look beautiful in that pink dress and pearls. Glad you had a nice day with your family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Michelle! It was a great day!

      Delete
  6. Sounds like the perfect Mother's Day, despite the migraine. You look gorgeous and you've got a special little girl.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Breakfast in bed, how sweet!

    ReplyDelete