Friday, May 29, 2015

Last Five On Friday For May 2015

Happy Friday everyone!  The last Friday in May, can you believe it?

I'm linking up with April and Andrea today for their Friday linkups, and also my new friends Jennie and Susan!! If you're in to fashion, be sure to visit Jennie and Susan's blogs!  Just grab their buttons and join the fun!  It's a great way to meet new blog friends!

      Charming Friday Collage

{one.} Have you seen or heard about the wedding picture that went viral earlier this week?


PHOTO: U.S. Marine Cpl. Caleb Earwood prays with his bride-to-be Maggie before their wedding service on Saturday in Asheville, North Carolina.

I absolutely love everything about this picture! I was always the bride that didn't want my groom to see me before the wedding and I'm still that way.  But I kinda like the idea of the bride and groom spending a few alone moments together, too.  This is just awesome!

{two.} On Tuesday, Alise and I did some shopping for her birthday and she wanted to go to Bath & Body Works.  No offense, but I'm just not a fan of that store.  I don't wear their products and all the "smelling of fragrances" that Alise makes me do, just about sends me into migraine mode everytime, but it was her birthday, so we went! Have you seen or tried their new Hawaii line? I caved and bought myself the Kauai and Maui shower gels in the trial size. I dare say it brought back very fond memories of our recent cruise to the Hawaiian islands!

Body Care

Anyhoo, for you B&BW fans, they are having some great sales on all their hand soaps and sanitizers.  And just what IS IT about ten year old girls and hand sanitizers?!  Alise has like ten on her backpack and five on her lunch box!

And I would just like to add that I normally wear Philosophy fragrances and my favorite summer smell at the moment is Sunshine Grace

{three.} Y'all!  I am in LOVE with these wedges from Reba! For some reason, I can't post a picture, but be sure to click on the link!  I tried these red wedges on a few weeks ago and let me just say that they are SO comfortable! The only reason I didn't buy them that day is because I have a rather large Nordstrom credit (and no, I did not find a THING in their Half Year Sale last week!) and I was hoping to use that, but they don't carry the brand Reba.  So!  As soon as I get time, I'm headed back to Dillard's for these wedges!  Get in my closet now!

{four.} So I posted a recipe earlier in the week for M&M Cookies and explained how all that came about.  You can find that post HERE. Whell....a few days ago, I discovered these bad boys!

Image result for crispy m&m's are back
Crispy M&Ms!!  All I can say is, "Oh! My!"  These are SO good, y'all!

{five.}  When Alise and I were in Target this week looking for a "Fin Fun Mermaid," {don't ask} and a "Wubble Ball" {don't ask} for her birthday - to which she got neither because of what we had already bought to give her later that night - I saw this product.


Lemon Verbena Laundry Scent Booster

Does anyone else use these products?  I'd really like to try this, but I'm not sure $10 laundry scent boosters are really worth it.  I'm a GAIN girl, but I'm all about some clothes smelling awesome, ya know what I mean?

Believe it or not, I think June is going to be a kinda low key month for us as far as weekend plans.  Alise is having a friend over to swim on Saturday and then I have a hot date with Mr. Horton later that night!  I am also bound and determined to visit our local grocery store and stock up on food to keep from eating out so much.  I'm seeing us enjoying a nice family evening on Sunday grilling at the Cook Shack and swimming till the mosquitoes come out! Ahhh! Summer is here! I hope you're enjoying the beginning of yours!

Hawaii Part 3 is coming up on Monday so be sure to check back!  See what happens after we slept through our Pearl Harbor tour!  You can read the first two "chapters" HERE and HERE!  They're rather short "chapters" and come with pictures, too!  Kinda like a kids book, oui?

P.S. Some of you have friend requested me on Facebook and I wanted to let you know that my favorite social media is Twitter, Instagram, and Bloglovin. I enjoy talking to my readers and try my best to respond to all your comments. Have a great weekend, Peeps!

18 comments:

  1. I fell in love with that photo too!! I pray for that kind of love for my daughter someday. I agree about Bath and Body Works, but I love the Hawaii line and the new strawberry vanilla! I am excited to read more about your trip! We are headed there for summer vacation next month! Be sure to stop by and link up with Charming Friday today! Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny, I never go to BBW either, but I got some of that Waikiki beach coconut stuff as a bridesmaid gift last weekend and included it in my Friday favorites too! :) I looove crispy M&M's! (And just about all other kinds too.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mattie, I could eat just about any type of M&M, too, except for the mint and coconut! I hope you have a great weekend! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
    2. When I read Laura's post I thought "Oh Mattie got some of this too!" maybe I need some!

      Delete
    3. Of course you do, Katie! It's summer time!!

      Delete
  3. Yes, that photo is priceless! Oh my, my girls were so into B&BW years ago. We do love their candles still at Christmas time. I too love Philosophy's fragrances. Used to be a Gain girl until we switched the majority of our products to free and clear.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also love the Gain scent. They have a Gain scent-booster. I recently bought it, but really don't notice a big difference in the strength of the scent in my laundry. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bought the Gain scent booster a while back, too, and I couldn't tell a difference either, Tanya! Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  5. Can't quite understand why laundry detergent needs to be so expenive. I would love to buy the Seventh Generation line, but really $10 for detergent.I'm not even crazy about the scent, just heard it was good for the environment. So sticking to hurting the environment and not so smelling nice clothes and saving some money for fun summer stuff to do. That's my take. Have great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I believe I saw the Seventh Generation line at Target, too, but I didn't smell it. I like how you think, Michelle! I'm doing good just to remember that I need to buy HE detergent these days! Hope you have a fun weekend! Thanks for commenting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I absolutely love the Meyers products. The lavender stuff is probably one of my favorite scents ever. Maybe you should try to hand soup first and then you will fall in love and will want it all :) even the candles:) haha! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Laura! I can hardly wait to try your m&m recipe with the kids on our next rainy day. Thank you for stopping by earlier. I tried to reply but somehow I couldn't get it to publish. My blog is nothing fancy ;-) I started it to document our lives and create books because I didn't have the time for scrapbooking. I have left not giving the ole blog much attention in the past 18 months and vow to get back at it. My favorite reader, aka as my husband has been begging me to for months now. Thankyou for your sweet comments about our dog. It has been really hard. That is so sweet your daughter is now attached to her new dog, I am hoping one day we will be strong enough for another one. I actually deactivated FB yesterday, coming off my phone wasn't cutting it. LOL! I am addicted to IG as well, but seem to love it bc it really isn't drama. I can't tell you how free I feel. Hope you have a wonderful weekend. PS--ROLL TIDE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. MY NEW BEST FRIEND! ROLL TIDE SISTER!! That is mostly what our blog is, too, just a scrap book of our lives because I don't have the time or even the desire really to do it any other way. Writing can be therapeutic for me! Welcome back to Blog Land!

      Delete
  9. I am very picky with Bath & Body Works. I normally only buy hand soap and sanitizers there. I LOVE their scents with coconut...it reminds me of the beach which I am missing dearly! I recently discovered Beautiful Day and really like that one too.

    My husband is currently obsessed with Crispy M&Ms. When he is having a "cheat day" you can count on him getting his hands on a bag.

    Have you tried the Gain Febreze Vent Clips for your car? It smells wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, Danielle! I miss reading your blog! No, I haven't tried the vent clips for the car! Thanks for telling me about them!

      Delete
  10. Thank you for the shout out my friend! How nice of you! I am so envious of your amazing hair too!! Just wow!! Thanks for linking with Jennie and I today. Our link up is still small -but full of wonderful bloggers(: Susan

    ReplyDelete
  11. Found your blog thru the linkup. I agree the hubby to be should not see the outfit before the wedding day. The photo of the couple is cute. Can you link it up here on my weekly Top of the World Style linkup party? Thanks. http://highlatitudestyle.com/2015/05/28/mesh-dress-over-40/

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can totally relate to the Wubble Bubble and Mermaif, my daughter gets sucked into all of that "must have" stuff too!

    ReplyDelete