Wednesday, May 20, 2015

A Little Bit Of Coral

If Pinterest has done anything for me lately, it's encouraged me to shop my own closet.  And I like that.  I've figured out that if I want to style a particular item in my closet, I just google it on Pinterest to get ideas, keeping in mind what I already have.

I've been stuck on the color coral for a while. The color is so versatille that I can dress it up for the office or style it down for a more casual look.  About a month ago, I picked up a pair of coral ankle pants at Target {Sorry, but I couldn't find them on line}.  There were only two pair left and I knew that if I didn't grab them, I'd never see them again {And speaking of Target, I really hate that I missed the Target and Lilly Pulitzer collaboration a few weeks ago, but someone was on a ship in the Pacific}.

Here are a few pics I liked for Pin-spiration!

Coral pant and white t-shirt summer trend              9 casual work outfits for spring - Page 2 of 9 - women-outfits.com                 cute spring outfit for work  http://fashionbagarea.blogspot.com/  We can spot a chanel clutch from a mile off. Those golden studs are set perfectly against the chic tan shade.$159 Want!
            (1)                                                        (2)                                                          (3)

  1. I love this blouse!  When I first saw this look on Pinterest, I thought, I have everything I need to pull this     off. Even though this style is more casual, I have several things in my closet to dress it up and make it "office worthy."
  2. Leopard.  Enough said.
  3. I really like coral and navy together! And I had several pieces in my closet to make this look work for me.
I posted this picture a few weeks ago on Instagram.  It was a casual day for me at the office and my friend, Jennifer, had given me this leopard tunic by Cabi. Because she loves me, I guess.  Ha!  She actually gave me the blouse last Fall and I just never wore it.  Well, shame on me, y'all!  I love the silky feel of this blouse!  It's going to be a very popular piece for me this summer!  I paired it with my coral pixies {although they look orange in the picture} and the look was born! I love it!  Notice my big hair!  The bigger the hair, the closer to God!



Love, love, LOVE me some coral and navy, y'all!  Wayne was my photographer in the rest of these pics, and he was making me laugh oh-so hard!  He is SO silly! I can't believe I got some descent ones, but it was a cloudy day and a storm was about to hit, so I've got the wind-blown look.  I'm not a perfectionist when it comes to these kind of posts {if you can imagine that since my OCD tendencies seem to come out in everything else}, so what you see is what you get!  I even forgot to accessorize, but I'm not sweating it!  I bought the navy light weight jacket from Dress Barn last year and my navy heels are so old they are actually falling apart!


I love this navy and white cardigan that I got at Target last year with these pants.  It makes for another nice office fashion outfit for days when I don't have meetings.  I normally wear cardigans unbuttoned, though.  I just got a wild hair that day.  What can I say?


And this?  I don't know what I was trying to pull here.  I walked out of my bedroom, and Alise said, "Oh, Mama!  So sexy!"  I turned around and looked at her and asked, "What do you know about sexy?"  She just grinned at me.  I wasn't trying to be sexy, but I do wear this blouse to the office - on my shoulders of course - but it's really made to wear either way.  Y'all know how I feel about lace and I love the turquoise and coral together, too!


I get emails from time to time about my hair.  I have natural curly hair and it doesn't like the 100% humidity we have here in Louisiana. The sides are angled to look longer than the back, which is "stacked."  I wish I had done something with it on this day for the pictures so it would look a little fuller, but whatevah. It is what it is.  And yes, I do color my hair. I'm planning to go blonder in a few weeks!


I wish you and your family a wonderful Memorial Day weekend!  But please remember that freedom isn't free and that Monday means more than just BBQs and swimming pools. A part of me changed the day we visited the Pearl Harbor Memorial in Honolulu last month.  That day will stay with me, just like you and I will never forget where we were on 9/11.  A year ago this week, our family met some army brats when we were celebrating Alise's birthday at a local restaurant.  I can call them that, because that day, they became our friends.  I was never more proud of Wayne than I was that day because after we thanked them for their service, he also paid for their meal.  A few days later, they shipped out to Afghanistan.  Julia had a three year old daughter that she left behind.  We've kept up with them on FB and sent them care packages and a few weeks ago, those same army brats returned home.  We're hoping to meet up with them again soon.  Thank a vet or soldier this weekend.

20 Great Verses and Quotes on Freedom to Remind Us - It Is Not Free

Thank you so much for stopping by and reading my blog today.  I'm linking up with these parties.

  
   pleated poppy   I Feel Pretty Logo

   Mix & Match Fashion Charming Friday Collage

17 comments:

  1. You nailed all of these looks! I love each one of them! Coral is such a versatile color!! Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. You always look just perfect! I sure wish those Pixie pants fit me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun post! I really enjoy reading what you write. You are so funny and entertaining. I love the pants and all the outfits you created. I use Pinterest too to help me create outfits. It's a lifesaver!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Amy! You made my day!

      Delete
  4. Lovin the navy as well!! That jacket is great, something like that needs to be in my closet! And of course I love the cardigan, there isn't a cardigan I don't love!! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that last outfit! Coral, white, and turquoise always look so great together (although I've never done it myself!). I also love the shoes, are they leopard?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness, that white off the shoulder is amazing. The look is perfect for you beautiful lady!! Coral is my favorite color too!! Hope your day has been wonderful!!

    livingoncloudandreanine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, so much Andrea! That means alot coming from you! You always look beautiful!

      Delete
  7. LOVE coral and those pants are great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been so drawn to coral this spring too! You look amazing in these pants, and I love all the ways you styled them!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have those pants too and love them. I've been surprised at how much goes with them. I really like the lace blouse and the turquoise necklace outfit. You look great in them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have those pants too and love them. I've been surprised at how much goes with them. I really like the lace blouse and the turquoise necklace outfit. You look great in them.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Coral and leopard look so great together!

    Alena & http://garmentsspeech.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just found your blog through a link up & must say that I absolutely love your style. It's beautiful & for real life women. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Angela, thank you so much for stopping by and your kind words. You are too sweet! I hope you'll visit again soon!

      Delete
  13. Great color combo! Coral reall suits you.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the coral pants, white top, and turquoise necklace! It's perfection!

    x. Sabrina | Simply Sabrina

    ReplyDelete