Friday, May 22, 2015

5 Things About a Taylor Swift Concert

Before I left work on Tuesday, I reminded my secretary that I would be off on Wednesday to take Alise to Shreveport to see Taylor Swift {Ok. Yeah, I'll admit, I was a little pumped about it, too!}! As I was walking out the door, Diane said, "You know she's kicking off her world tour, too?"  I said, "Yeah, right!  Outta all the cities in the world, she's kicking it off in little ol' Shreveport?"  So I decided to google it when I got home and lo and behold, my secretary was right!  Taylor WAS kicking off her 1989 World Tour in little ol' Shreveport and Baby Girl and I were going to be there to see it!! Unbelievable!!  Rule #1: Never doubt your secretary!  Because even if she would never go to a TS concert herself, she DOES have three triplet granddaughters that are eight years old!


Alise and Claudia in front of Taylor's 18 wheelers behind the Century Link Center (where we had to park).  Not sure why there are so many pallets?

If you've been reading my blog lately, then you know that Wayne bought the tickets over six months ago and we had decided to surprise Alise with them Tuesday night.  Some people have asked why we waited to tell her, so I thought I would explain our reasoning behind the wait. We debated giving the tickets to her at Christmas, but I really didn't want her to have to wait so long for her to enjoy her present.  Then, at the last minute when we decided to surprise her with a puppy at Christmas, we made the decision to give the tickets to her for her birthday because it would be a special "double-digits" present, even though her birthday is actually six days after the concert. I've said before that I couldn't wait to give them to her and nearly caved a few times, but it was SO worth it on Tuesday night!

{one.} Surprise! I wrapped the tickets in a box and put it on the kitchen island in front of the bar stool where she normally sits.  I then took a picture and posted it on Instagram because I wanted to see how long it would take her to see the picture and come running into the kitchen to see who/what the present was.  Alise LIVES on IG so I figured she would be in the kitchen shortly. Would you believe I had to end up calling her into the kitchen for supper and that's when she noticed the gift?!  Long story short, she cried, she screamed, she gave me and her daddy lots of hugs and kisses and "thank you's" and "I love you so much!"  She. was. ecstatic!


One very happy little girl!!  She could not believe she was going to see TS!  I think we all cried that night!

{two.} Go with the one who brought you into this world. After all, I carried her for nine months, didn't I? I like to think I'm a pretty cool concert mom!  I mean, I DID spend thirty minutes in front of the full length mirror trying to decide what to wear!!

I decided on brown, coral, and leopard at the last minute only because Alise wouldn't wear what I had in my mind for her to wear.  I had planned for us to both wear our lace/crocheted skirts and cowboy boots, but she wouldn't have it. Ugh!  And believe it or not, I didn't freeze to death!

See what a great concert mom I am?  I let her wear red lipstick!!  But the highlight of my night was when Alise reached over for my arm during one of the songs and said, "Mommie, thank you so much for bringing me here tonight!"



I asked her this morning, "Alise, did I embarrass you during the concert at all?" And she said, "Well, mom?  You started dancing during "Shake It Off" and it kinda embarrassed me."  Say what?!  And I just thought I needed to work on my "gangsta lips."  Obviously I was going for a kiss pucker up!

{three.} Go with friends. We originally bought four tickets and due to some drama this year at school, we decided to invite a friend that Alise doesn't get to see very often! The girls had a BLAST!





{four.} Listen to Taylor's latest CD no less than two weeks before the big show.  I hate to give too much away because I know some of my readers are planning on going with their girls when Taylor comes to their cities, but please! Whatever you do!  Make sure you get the arm bracelet that they will give you when they scan your ticket at the door!  It's the highlight of the whole show and a very, very AWESOME idea! 



I also can't say enough about the rising and rotation of "the cat walk."  But if you're going to hear her "old tunes," you will be disappointed {like me!}.  She even puts a new twist on my favorite song, "Love Story."  





{five.} One of the reasons I took Alise to the concert was because Taylor seems to be a good role model for girls, and I like that.  When she talked at her concert, she wasn't necessarily inspirational or motivating, but she "talked up" to the crowd. She talked about being a better person, even when bad things happen in our lives.  She said, {and I'm paraphrasing} "that we aren't defined by who people say we are."  She was very grateful to her fans for her recent eight awards and her music video for "Bad Blood" had totally blown away everyone when it debuted earlier in the week, too.  Taylor's outfits were not skimpy, but modest, and she never danced with her male dancers inappropriately.  For me personally, the concert was more about the experience with my {soon-to-be} ten year old daughter.  It was her first concert and I was just excited for her!  Excited that I got to share in her experience to see someone she admires so much for the first time.  When Taylor Swift walked out on stage at 8:30, I thought I was about to lose the hearing in my left ear from Alise's screams.  And I would take her back again in a heartbeat!

And dance to "Shake It Off" again, too!  Because I'm the cool concert mom!!

         


13 comments:

  1. I'm so jealous...I love TS...seriously maybe more than Carly does.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We LOVED seeing Taylor Swift last year! And yes, I love her just as much as Grace. Her confidence and modesty are pretty unusual with today's celebrities. Have a great weekend.

    http://txtanya.blogspot.com/2014/02/taylor-swift-concert.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad she had such a wonderful time. And yes, totally agree that compared to most Taylor is a class act!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like she had a great time! I think she is a great role model for your Alise :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So happy to read this! What an amazing experience for you both! Taylor is certainly one of the best role models out there for young girls, in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahhhhh....I couldn't be happier or more excited to enjoy this concert with Olivia in just a few months after reading this!! We are going with my best friend/cousin and her daughter who is the same age as Olivia. They live in Rhode Island so we only see them a few times a year, what a special way to spend time with them! I CAN. NOT. WAIT! As I reread my comment, I realize that I might like Taylor as much or more than Olivia! So glad you guys had a blast and before I read this, I hadn't even thought about what I would wear to be a cool concert mom, you nailed it!! Now I have to think about it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will be an awesome concert mom, Sandra! Just remember to "Shake It Off"! LOL! Have a great weekend!!

      Delete
  7. I'm so jealous you went to her concert!! You're such an awesome mom!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Lindsey! That made my day!!

      Delete
  8. What fun memories you made!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love going to concerts with my boys - such great memories. Glad you had such a good time. Taylor Swift seems like such a good role model for girls. And btw, you looked great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lana! I see lots more concerts in my future! Some friends of mine went to see NKOTB in New Orleans a few weeks ago and I was just sick that I didn't know about it sooner! Now THAT's my kind of concert!! Have a wonderful Memorial Day with your family!

      Delete