Friday, April 10, 2015

My Top Five For Hawaii

If you're stopping by from the Friday link ups, THANK YOU and I would love to hear from you!  If you're one of my faithful readers {I love you!}, then I know you are sick to death of the H-word.  I promise, promise, promise, after this post, there will be no more mentions of Hawaii, a cruise, or anything else related to it.

Until I get back!  Ha!

    

                                                      X-tremely V

Today I thought I'd share five things that I'll be taking on the cruise with me. Let's do it!

{one.} A Bikini. Y'all.  I'm 42 years old, celebrating my twentieth wedding anniversary and I'm embarrassed to tell you that I bought a bikini to wear to Hawaii {and, no, the picture below is NOT the one I bought, although I think it's rather cute, but a little too skimpy for me}.  Why am I embarrassed?  I. don't. know.  But just don't expect to see any pictures of me in it.  The truth is, Wayne wanted me to buy one.  He asked me one night when we were talking about the trip, "If this was our honeymoon {which we're telling everyone it is because we didn't go anywhere that special twenty years ago}, would you have worn a bikini then?"  I had to stop and think.  Twenty years ago, I weighed this, I wore a size that, my boobs looked like this..."Yea, yea!  I think I might have worn one back then." To which he replied, "%$@#, yes you would have worn one back then!"  Y'all, there's something to be said for a man that still loves his woman's body.  He is my biggest cheerleader!  When I think I look my worst, he makes me feel like I look my best!  Love you, Babe {I just begged him please, please don't let me embarrass myself by wearing something I shouldn't! I'm just really self-conscious about it}!


Laura McKittrick, The Greenwich Girl: a luxury lifestyle brand and digital magazine www.thegreenwichgirl.com

{two.} Sunglasses. If Mr. Horton was all gushy about the bikini, he was NONE to happy to find out that I've misplaced my Costa Del Mar sunglasses.  He actually bought them for me for our anniversary a few years ago.  Now, I say, misplaced because I just KNOW they are in a purse somewhere in my closet - even though I went through all my purses this past weekend and only found the case they came in.  It's the EXACT reason I tried to persuade him NOT to buy them for me!  I can't keep up with sunglasses!  I'm so much better off just buying the cheap ones!  So this weekend, I'll be making another swipe through all my purses and looking in every nook and cranny for the Costa Del Mars. Wish me luck {I've already packed a few cheap pair in case I don't find them}!


☮ American Hippie Bohemian Style ~ Boho Sunglasses . . . wild love
{three.} Dancing Shoes.  I grew up Baptist and if you know anything about Baptists - MISSIONARY Baptists, to be exact - they don't dance.  Or, SAY they don't dance.  Remember the trip to Natchez with my girl friends?  Remember I told you how much '80's music the band played?  Yea, well!  WE DANCED {and we also woke up the next morning saying we were too old for it - ha!}! And I can assure you that I'll be donning the dancing shoes on the cruise! Wayne and I love to dance and it's a romantic way to spend the evening after dinner.  In my opinion. Maybe it's too cliche or seventy-ish to mention dinner and dancing. But I'm not talking about DWTS or any tangos or waltzes. The cruise has got several hot spots on board that we can make this happen!


Stardust Heels in champagne from BHLDN

{four.} A book. You may be thinking, a book?  On a cruise?  In Hawaii? I'm actually hoping to spend a few afternoons on the beach or around the pool doing absolutely nothing but sunning, enjoying a nice umbrella drink, and reading a juicy book. Does anyone have any suggestions for the perfect book? Besides, I need a great read for that 8 hour plane ride that I'm oh-so dreading.

{five.} A big suitcase.  Ok.  I'm reaching here, but it's the truth.  Right now we're down to one HUGE suitcase and one carry-on each.  But I'm thinking another suitcase maybe needed.  I simply have too many dancing shoes and too many products!  What can I say?  Does anyone else have horrible thoughts of your plane exploding in the air and when they investigate why it exploded, it was because of YOUR can of hairspray? Of course, I'd be dead so it really wouldn't matter.  Needless to day, I'm packing a "trial size" can of hairspray. So if the plane DOES explode, maybe it won't be too bad and the pilot can land that sucker.  But, wait!  We'll be over the freakin' ocean!!!


Suitcase-travel-31302401-360-273

So what does everyone have planned for the weekend?  Anything special?  We have a retirement party to go to and I've got to spend my Ulta coupon {20% off the name brands that I use.  They only do it a few times a year so I stock up} by Saturday.  And Alise really needs her bangs trimmed, but other than that, it looks to be another rainy and relaxing weekend!  I hope you enjoy yours, too!

19 comments:

  1. Yeah!!!! No one can ever be sick of the H word--it's too exciting. And yay for you for wearing a bikini. Rock it girl. It's all about the confidence and a good cheerleader, which you have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY for awesome husbands! Being married is so great! Congratulations on your 20th anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lindsey! He's the best!

      Delete
  3. It's been almost two years and I still ramble on about how much I love Hawaii. People will get used to it ;) I'm the same way with sunglasses, the cheaper the better for when I lose them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Girl you will look great! You are so blessed Wayne loves your body as is and wants you to sport a bikini. If you haven't ever read any Melanie Shankle books I would definitely recommend....they are quick reads and lighthearted and funny as heck. I loved the Husbands Secret if you haven't read that...and I'm trying to get into the Girl on the Train but I got sidetracked with reading Made to Crave and Melanie's new book. And please.....use the H word all you want! Cant' wait to see pix.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Shelly! I've read Girl on the Train, which was kinda confusing, but I liked it. I read Melanie's Antelope in the Living Room and liked it, too.

      Delete
  5. Congratulations on 20 years! I know you'll have a great time in Hawaii. Looking forward to the recaps of your trip.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't stop writing about Hawaii. I have been to Maui twice and would go back in a heartbeat, so I will live vicariously through you this time :-) Plan on drinking plenty of Mai Tais' - like I did!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so sweet, Vicki, thanks so much! Yes, plenty of Mai Tai's and other specialty umbrella drinks!

      Delete
  7. Ha! I will be spouting the H word all too soon. ;-) You will rock that bikini!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so jealous of your trip! Have a great time :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I will never get tired of hearing about Hawaii...keep it coming! You will rock the bikini, and make Wayne a very happy hubby! I think a great cruise/plane read would be The Husband's Secret or What Alice Forgot. And I am definitely a cheap sunglasses gal...I just can't seem to keep up with them!

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE that bathing suit!! super cute

    ReplyDelete
  11. You ROCK that bikini and dancin' shoes! Happy anniversary and have the time of your lives!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hawaii is going to be amazing, I have never heard anyone say otherwise! I can't wait to hear all about it! I love to dance, but my hubby not so much, so I save my dancing for when I am out with all my friends or a wedding when I can grab other people I know to dance with me!! He will slow dance, but that is it! For books, The Husbands Secret or Big Little Lies by Liane Moriarty are both so good!! And you will rock that bikini and your husband will love it and that's all that matters! Love it!! Happy 20th!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yay for wearing a bikini. My husband would be the happiest man if I could get brave enough to do that :)! You're going to have so much fun in Hawaii!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am so excited to hear about your trip! We are headed to Hawaii this summer too! And I bet you will look amazing in that bathing suit! Happy anniversary! Susan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome, Susan! Aren't you excited!

      Delete