Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Weight Watchers Lemonade Pie

So yesterday I was on a rant about weight.  Which reminded me that when I was attending WW meetings all those years ago, our sponsor - whose name was also, Laura - gave us this A-MAZ-ing recipe for Lemonade Pie.  I like to call it, Lemonade Ice Box Pie, just because it sounds fancier and after all, the pie does need to go in the fridge! It is so, so easy, y'all!  Would I lie to you?  I think not. FIVE ingredients and FOUR steps!  That's it! This pie would make a great dessert for Easter or even later on in the summer when the temps warm up because it's cool and refreshing! Today I'm joining Andrea in her monthly linkup for recipes!



Just a note before we get started that this recipe makes TWO pies.  That's awesome, right, because you can eat one and put the other one in the freezer for when company drops by unexpectedly.  I prefer that my slice comes straight from the freezer anyway.

Here's what you'll need:

2 (1 oz) boxes of sugar free instant vanilla pudding
2 1/2 cups of milk
1 (1oz) crystal light (the little tubs that come in the canister)
16 oz of Cool Whip
2 pie crusts (I used reduced fat crusts)



Please overlook the fact that I'm missing another 8 ounces of Cool Whip in this picture.  I thought I had lost a container, but it got lost in our refrigerator.  


Step one. Mix the pudding and milk.




Step two. Mix the Crystal Light with the Cool Whip.


Step three.  Combine the two mixtures together. I'm a messy stir-er!





Step four.  Pour into crusts.



I hate this picture is blurry, but I'm not a good picture taker, either, and with the look of things, not a good pie spreader.  Normally, I would top the pies with another layer of Cool Whip and garnish with lemons and strawberries. This recipe would easily convert to a sugar free dessert, too.  Enjoy!  And please let me know what you think!

In other news, I'm also posting a sunshiny day post with lots of yellow fashion today! Click HERE to read that post! I'm skipping out for the remainder of the week and joining some of my girlfriends for a fun weekend in Natchez, Mississippi, and I'm so excited about it!  We'll be there while the Spring Pilgrimmage is going on, which is a first for me. We're going on carriage rides, touring Antebellum homes, looking for Greg Iles on every corner, and we have reservations at Monmouth Saturday night!  Just a complete Scarlett O'Hara kind of weekend for me and I'll love everything about it!  You can follow me on IG or Twitter to see all the fun we'll be having!

Have a great weekend!

6 comments:

  1. Well, now I know what I am making for Easter!! Love lemonade and who doesn't love a pie?? Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And have so much fun on your weekend away!!

      Delete
    2. I couldn't wait for you to see this recipe, Sandra! I hope you enjoy it as much as we do!

      Delete
    3. Just had to let you know, It was delicious!! Perfect for Easter dessert, I got so many compliments!

      Delete
  2. Yum! I will have to make that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for stopping by, Sarah! It's SO good! My daughter ate the last piece last night!

    ReplyDelete