Wednesday, March 25, 2015

A Few Pops Of Sunshine

Yellow is not a color that I normally wear.  But like I mentioned last week on my 5 on Friday post, the weather has been so gray and dreary here in Louisiana, that I decided I needed a little pop of sunshine during one of my shopping excursions a few weeks ago.  So I bought a yellow cardigan!  Talk about stepping out of this pink and blue and red girl's "comfort box"!  So today I thought I would share how I styled my pop of sunshine!

But first. Last Friday, being the first day of Spring {Yay!}, I had planned to wear the cardigan until I walked outside and you guessed it!  Saw what the weather was like!  Another dreary, rainy, cooler than normal, day.  Then I remembered that I bought a really cute yellow top at Dillard's a few years ago and decided to wear it with my denim jacket, white ankle denim pants, and leopard wedges!  I wore this outfit to work that day!



I love this top!  It's 3/4 sleeves and I wish I had it in another color!  And yes! Once the weather begins to cooperate, we will be working in our flower beds and around the pool to get it ready for summer. Here's Baby Girl!  Not to be left out on the First Day of Spring!  She dressed herself that morning, so we were Twinkies, but notice her choice in sleeves and pants compared to mine.  My child is SO hot natured!


Now on to some Pinterest inspired outfits with pops of sunshine!  Here are a few pics of inspiration I chose based on some items I already had in my closet.  Y'all know I'm a sucker for polka dots, leopard, and lace.  If I had to describe my personal style, I think it would be more "office fashion" than "street wise."  I mean, let's face it.  How many people really wear jackets and scarves and designer denim to Walmart or the grocery store on the weekends? Because of my profession and lifestyle, office attire is a must, so on the weekends, I tend to dress down.  I mean, it's nothing for me to be at the ballpark for one of Alise's softball games in a t-shirt and wind shorts. I can rock some "street wise" outfits if it's date night or a night out with friends, though.


    Navy blazer + polka dots + neon yellow.  Loving all of the bright neon colors for fall.




                                Stripe Tailored Collar Long Sleeves not a huge fan of yellow, but I would wear this any day    "Going Into The Office" by strawberrybrownie on Polyvore   


And here are some outfits I came up with.  What do you think?

 
                        


                    

I just realized after posting these pics, I didn't style one with a leopard scarf like I intended.  Oh, well.  Wayne was my photographer and I'm kinda a one shot girl.  I don't worry about lighting and all that because obviously, it wouldn't have mattered on this day anyway!  But I do wish my photographer had not insisted I turn the way I did with the lace blouse and gray slacks so you could see the outfit better.  I think it's my favorite of the two office fashion pics!     

Thank you for taking time to stop by and read my post today. I do NOT consider myself a fashion blogger at all, but I do enjoy participating in Sheaffer's monthly "Get Pinspired" link ups.  Those monthly posts have lead to me joining the other fun parties once a month as well.  You can check out my February pinspiration and March pinspiration posts by clicking on the links.  I love meeting new people and I try to respond to all my comments and emails. Join me on Bloglovin, Instagram, and Twitter!

If you enjoyed the yellow, you might also want to check out a recipe I posted today for Weight Watcher Lemonade Pie!  It's SO easy and perfect for Spring! It's made with Crystal Light and Wayne ate TWO pieces Sunday night!

I'll be linking up with these fun parties this week!

pleated poppy   

    
Mix & Match Fashion    
       I Feel Pretty Logo     elegantlydressedandstylish.com                       



21 comments:

  1. I love the yellow cardigan! I like it especially with the jeans and navy/white striped shirt. Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Renee! I'm thinking about wearing that outfit on Friday for our girls trip to Natchez.

      Delete
  2. Love all the outfits! I am saving this for when I do another shopping spree!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving the yellow! The striped peplum blouse is precious on you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the pops of yellow! You have convinced me that I need a yellow cardigan in my closet asap!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yellow would look great on you, Danielle!

      Delete
  5. Love your outfits. Yellow is such a happy color.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Laura!
    Nice to "meet" you! I really like yellow and you picked such a lovely shade like a cream butter yellow. I love the looks also with the lace top and jeans. Great ideas :-)

    Thank you for being a part of Turning Heads Tuesday!
    See you next week!!
    jess xx
    www.elegantlydressedandstylish.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm jealous that you can pull off yellow so well :) looks great on you! Love your outfits!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty in yellow! I love the polka dot skirt with the yellow cardigan!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Miss Janice! Coming from you, that means so much! You always look perfect!

      Delete
  9. Yellow is great color to wear when it's dreary out! Thank goodness the sun has started shining here in TX! You look great by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  10. And now I must go out and invest in yellow!!! 😉

    ReplyDelete
  11. You look great in yellow! It's one of my favorite colors.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my goodness I am loving the yellow! The yellow cardi with the polka dot skirt...love, love, love

    ReplyDelete
  13. You and your little girl are so cute and you look good in yellow. Now I'm going to have to go check out that lemonaid pie!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Look at your darling little girl!! And yellow is your color! I dont have any yellow in my closet and you have convinced me to add that to my wish list! Happy weekend! Susan

    ReplyDelete
  15. You've been nominated for a Liebster award!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am also trying to add more yellow to my wardrobe. It's such a pretty, fun color! You have shown some nice ways to incorporate it into a wardrobe.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love all the outfits! You look great in yellow!

    Alena & http://garmentsspeech.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete