Wednesday, February 25, 2015

What Spring Fashion for 2015 Is Telling Me


Spring.  Everybody's ready for it. And I'm happy to report that this fall and winter loving person is ready for it, too. After going on not one, not two, but THREE sleet/snow days, I'm ready for color. Lots of color! I'm ready for flowers. I'm ready for anything but black - and white - right about now.  So here are a few things that this year's spring fashion is telling me.

1.  I need to invest in some colored denim.  I bought my white denim jeans two years ago at Talbot's and they still look great!  White jeans are a must have for any spring wardrobe.  However, sometimes I feel like my white denim may be a little dingy {we don't have the best water for washing clothes here}, so I found this link on how to whiten your white jeans.  But back to colored denim. Everything I've seen says all roads lead to pink, coral, and orange jeans this spring.  


018 (523x900)


2.   Double sided earrings.  Really loving this new way to wear ear candy {that sounds so gross!}, but it took a while to grow on me.  The pearl and chandelier trends are my favorite, but if you search for them on Pinterest, you will find so many neat styles for these babies!



Beading Gem

And speaking of earrings, did you girlies catch Sheaffer's FB status yesterday regarding these babies?  I picked up the Ivory and Turquoise and I can't wait for them to come in!

3.  Spring means flowers and floral patterns are TOTALLY in this season!  I like this pattern best as a subtle layering piece.  For instance a pretty floral cami or chiffon-type blouse would be so pretty under a denim jacket or even a colored blazer for the office.  Floral would also look great with colored denim {see number one above} for a casual look.  Last fall, I paid less than $10 for a pair of floral leggings from Forever21, and I love them.  But right now, I think my favorite way to wear floral would be like the jacket shown here.  So colorful and springy!

Floral blazer with white streamlined dress.  Simple, versatile, and optimistic.


Glam Radar

4.  Of course, you've probably already seen the Top 10 Colors for Spring.
Top 10 Pantone Colors for Spring, 2015 - www.theperfectpalette.com - Color Ideas from Pantone

And just in case you didn't know, Marsala is the color of the year.  However, this Spring, I'm more in to the shades of blue so I'm loving just about anything in shades 1 - 4, with Scuba Blue and Classic Blue being my favorites.  I'm also a pink girl at heart, so I'm liking Strawberry Ice as well.

5.  Gingham, stripes, polka dots, and leopard.  You just can't go wrong.  

White denim + gingham.


6.  And, if you've been reading my blog for very long, then you know that I'm all about that lace.

Sleeveless Lace Belt Jumpsuit

Lightinthebox.com


Rompers will be the rage this Spring!  I love this neutral piece.


So what are some of your favorite trends this Spring?  Is there any color in your Spring wardrobe?  Leave me a comment and tell me about it.

Today I'm linking up with What I Wore Wednesday.

pleated poppy

5 comments:

  1. Love you thoughts on Spring. I am so ready for it. Had not seen the double sided earrings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am totally on the hunt for something floral....I'm loving it. Also needing to purchase some new white jeans this year...love the way white jeans can make an outfit but I always struggle with feeling like they accentuate my larger bottom half.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am SO glad you stopped by my blog today! I'm following you on everything now :)! I love all your picks for spring. I've been thinking about colored jeans for so long now - I need to just buy some already! Looking forward to reading more about you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lana! Welcome! Hope we can become blog friends!

      Delete
  4. I am loving that plaid top with the white denim. So gorgeous and looks effortlessly chic! I need to get it for the warmer months ahead :)

    Found you via the linkup. Would you like to follow each other on GFC and social media? Pls let me know if you’re up for it :) xoxo

    Abby of http://www.fashchronicles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete