Thursday, February 05, 2015

The Mascara Debate

Well, maybe there is NO debate for you when it comes to mascara, but I have a friend that has been preaching to me about Benefit's They're Real Mascara for a while now.  A while.  And it's not that I wasn't HEARING THE MESSAGE, but I tend to be one of those people that thinks, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it," even when it comes to something as simple as mascara.  I tend to like the products I like and I don't change that much.

Until last summer, I was wearing cheap drug store mascara because it worked for me.  I honestly liked the way my lashes looked.  I didn't have raccoon eyes at the end of the day, and it came off easily. Those are my two pet peeves for mascara. 


Then a friend told me about Younique 3D Mascara and I fell in love!  It HAD to be love to go from paying drug store prices to nearly $40 for freakin' mascara!! I didn't think I would like the steps involved with the 3D, but it wasn't bad - especially after seeing how long and beautiful my lashes were.  Of course, they didn't look anything like all the pictures I had seen, but my lashes looked fuller and I was happy with the results.

A few weeks ago, I was in Ulta.  I had a coupon to burn and because it was the last day to use it, most of the shelves in the store were very much picked over and the main products that I needed to purchase were gone.  So I ended up picking a few things up in trial sizes and lo and behold, I bought a small size of They're Real Mascara!

I was really excited about trying it because I wanted to put this mascara debate to rest.  Benefits versus Younique.

So I used it the next day.

And I liked it.  But I wasn't ranting and raving over it.

And because I know what you're wanting to ask me, I used TWO coats, thankyouverymuch.

To me, my lashes didn't look as FULL with the Benefits.  Maybe more separated is the word to use.  It may take several more applications to see the results I like.  I'll continue to use the trial size and then I will purchase a full size of the Benefits so that I can honestly say that I tried it.

Will I go back to Younique?  Maybe.  Maybe not.

The cheap drug store brand is still an option, too. 

3 comments:

  1. We love They're Real! Takes some time to get it right though. It is a bit harder to get off however.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have used Loreal Voluminous for years, and I'm never disappointed with it. I use both the regular and waterproof depending on what my needs are. Love it!

    However, I love trying new beauty products. So I hop on whatever mascara bandwagon is going around! I tried the Benefit mascara last year and really liked it. But I ended up going back to Voluminous because of the price.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need a new mascara - will try benefits maybe? I recently stepped up to MAC lipstick and do love it :-)

    ReplyDelete