Monday, February 09, 2015

Menu Plan Monday - February 9th


All good things must come to an end.  Sadly, they do.

After not cooking anything last week - and I do mean nothing - go HERE to check out why - I was kinda excited to plan my menu this week.  Ironically, nearly every other night this week, we'll be eating out of the trusty crockpot!

Our family goal this month is to not eat out.  Not entirely, but not nearly like we've been doing.  Maybe just once a week and then it still won't be anything fancy shmancy.  Maybe lunch after church or ordering a pizza.  I've said it before that if I can plan a meal in the crockpot on Fridays, it saves us eating out that night. Saturdays and Sundays allow me more time in the kitchen to try new recipes and make more elaborate meals.

Here's our menu this week:

Sunday - Crockpot Spaghetti (my recipe) & green beans

Monday - Spaghetti Boats (using leftovers)

Tuesday - Taco Tuesday means Taco Soup in the crockpot!

Wednesday - YOYO

Thursday - Red Beans & Rice

Friday - Pork Tenderloin in the crockpot

Saturday - Valentine's Day!

Be sure to visit Orgjunkie for more recipes and menu ideas!

4 comments:

  1. Crockpot meals are truly lifesavers!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my! Your Super Bowl menu looked amazing. I'm guessing there were plenty of leftovers. That's a pretty tasty leftover menu. It's easy to slip into eating out often, especially during busy seasons. We do it too sometimes. You've got a good plan for this week and I'm sure you'll rock it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What day should I come eat at your house?!?! I tried a new tenderloin recipe last week and it was delish!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love reading menu plans : ) I've never made spaghetti in my crock pot, but did use mine twice last week-once for pork chops and once for soup. I especially love it in the winter months. Good luck with your plan to eat in!

    ReplyDelete