Monday, February 16, 2015

Menu Plan Monday - February 16th


Hello everyone!  Welcome to Menu Plan Monday!  Join us!  It's super easy!  Just post your meal plan for the week and link back to Laura at Orgjunkie!  If you need help with recipes or ideas, check out some of the other bloggers who've linked up!  It's fun!  And one of the best ways to get ideas for meal planning and make new blog friends, too!

I have to tell you this!  Last Thursday night, I was in a baking mood.  I poured myself a glass of chardonnay, and whipped up these AH-MAZE-ing cookies! They were perfect for a Valentine treat! Wayne and Alise LOVED them and the house smelled like strawberries.  They were SO easy!  Pinterest for the win!!  I've moved the pin to our Horton Family Favorites board.

Alise has been BEGGING ME to fix meatloaf again.  The last time I made it, which was about three weeks ago, the family INHALED it!  I always half the recipe, so we finished it off in one sitting.  Y'all know how I feel about this meat loaf recipe!  It's the best!  The addition of sausage and the ketchup and brown sugar topping just make me wanna slap my mama!  I'm changing up the potato recipe that I normally make with it and going with a new recipe from a blog I found recently.  You'll notice I'm using TWO of Kimm's recipes this week.

Sunday - Miranda Lambert's Mom's Meatloaf & Creamy Ranch Potatoes

Monday - Pulled pork (left over from last week) sandwiches & oven baked fries

Tuesday - Nacho Chicken & Rice Wraps

Wednesday - Lasagna (my recipe), Ceasar salad, & garlic bread

Thursday - YOYO

Friday - School Auction

Saturday - Cajun Jambalaya in foil packets

Have you ever cooked in foil?  Like, put your meat in foil with some other stuff and baked or grilled it?  When Wayne and I first got married and I was doing WW, I found this GREAT recipe that called for cooking chicken in foil with a little BBQ sauce, onions and bellpeppers and it was really, really good.  When I saw the Cajun Jambalaya recipe, it reminded me of that, so I decided I wanted to try it again.  And since the fam loves some shrimp, I decided on this recipe.

And how about a little Monday humor?



What's on your menu this week!?  Have a super Monday!

5 comments:

  1. Sounds delicious! I will have to try out your meatloaf recipe as my family have always been a bit ho hum with meatloaf. Jambalaya sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We use the foil packets all the time in the summer. Perfect for the grill, and no cleanup!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The bbq chicken in a foil pack sounds great! I have done the foil pack before, but always with fish. I should definitely try it with other things as well. It is so easy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The bbq chicken in a foil pack sounds great! I have done the foil pack before, but always with fish. I should definitely try it with other things as well. It is so easy!

    ReplyDelete