Friday, February 27, 2015

Get Pin-Spired for March

All you Monday Menu peeps, don't be upset with me, but I've chosen to forgo "the plan" this week because....drum roll please....WE'RE OUT FOR SPRING BREAK!  I honestly have no idea what we'll eat this week, but this I do know, we won't starve.  

Yea, and this was our week last week!



Only in Louisiana can you have 70 degree temps one day and snow the next.

I had so much fun linking up with Sheaffer last month for "Get Pin-spired," that I decided to do it again for March! I'm not claiming to be a fashion blogger at all.  I'm a very self-conscious person, but even I can be proud of an outfit from time to time.  Be sure to visit Pinterest Told Me To to see all the Pinterest inspired outfits.



Outfit #1



I've always been a fan of red and black.  The two colors are just so classic to me.  I don't dress up "professionally" every day because our office dress code is more laid back, but I tend to "dress up" more on days when I have meetings. Here's an outfit I put together with a little Pin-spiration and items from my own closet.  What do you think?


I love this jacket!  You can't tell in the picture, but the bottom back of the jacket has a slight flair and ruffle.  It's so comfortable.  


Outfit #2

Work Outfit

Another office outfit for a day recently when I chose to dress like a professional. And again, the color red is involved. When I posted this picture on my Instagram account, I asked if anyone wanted to guess just how old my red jacket was.  My mother-in-law bought the jacket for me at a Casual Corner Outlet in Vicksburg, Mississippi, YEARS ago. Years before I even had Alise and she'll be ten years old in May!  I haven't worn it much in the last few years, but I decided to pair it with my tan slacks and red flats for a great work outfit!



For those of you that know me as the Leopard Queen, notice just a tad of leopard peeking out in each outfit. Ha!


Outfit #3

If your outfit contains all neutral colors like hers does (cream top and navy jeans with brown belt), then you can easily add up to two brightly colored accessories without being over done.  The bright green wool coat paired with the red pumps is a stand-out look, and in a good way!  All pieces would be in a wardrobe for years....all classic.

If you're waiting for me to bust a move like this Girlie, well, it ain't gonna happen!  But I am proud of what I threw together out of my closet!  What do you think?  Another jacket that's "old," but not quite as old as the red one above.


I considered wearing my red flats, but they are a little too bright and I was worried about looking too Christmasy.  If that's even a word!

Thanks for stopping by my blog today!  I'll be joining these other linkups today and later this week.

Mingle 240


pleated poppy


Mix & Match Fashion



13 comments:

  1. Those outfits worked for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Snow n Louisiana is just crazy! Cute outfits here too, love the green coat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a great job recreating the pinterest outfits! I'm always surprised when people have spring break so early, but I realize you started school earlier than we did. We don't have spring break until the second week of April! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully you will have much warmer weather in April, Lana!

      Delete
  4. Love your leopard print belt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Renee! It's an oldie but goodie. I think I got it at Target a few years ago.

      Delete
  5. Cute! Love the red and black- I'm always a fan of stripes. Did you wear the red high heels too? They look fab, but uncomfortable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lisa! No, I didn't wear red heels. I decided to wear red ballet flats instead. I'm too old for heels that high!

      Delete
  6. You pulled off your recreations flawlessly- your green coat is beautiful!
    Whitney

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Whitney for stopping by!

      Delete
  7. Hi Laura, Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today and taking the time to leave a comment. You aren't going to believe this, but when I stopped at Pleated Poppy today, I scrolled down the links and clicked on yours!:) I read your whole post and thought how I loved your outfit with the green jacket!:) So thanks. It was really fun to meet you today!:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the recreations. I love the first one- with the red. My favourite!

    Ruth @ http://roothless-xo.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stopping by from What I Wore Wednesday. Love the leopard flats, I know I tend to wear mine with everything!

    http://www.themoderndaymom.com/

    ReplyDelete