Friday, December 26, 2014

Friday Top 5


Here it is Peeps!  My last TOP 5 post for 2014!
And I've decided to spend it on what I would wear if I were going to a fancy shmancy New Years Eve Party!

Oh, how I miss being young and being able to shmooze until midnight on New Year's Eve!  Now, I consider myself lucky if I can make it until the ball drops in New York!  And I live in the Central Time Zone!  Ha!  Gone are the days of party hats, heels, and confetti.  But in my ever-so-young heart, I still like to day dream about what it would be like to get all gussied up for a parrrtayyy!

Here are my Top 5 Favorite "Gussied Up" outfits for the perfect NYE night out!

{one.}
I saw this dress a few weeks ago in Charming Charlie's and I really liked it because it was so unique.  In case you didn't know, gold and silver are VERY popular this year for NYE and this dress totally rocks!  I was SO tempted to try it on in the store - just because I thought if I liked it, I could wear it on our cruise this Spring, but I didn't.  I let the chevron pattern dictate and overrule the crazy thoughts I had about my over forty body and just smiled and thought, "That would be nice."




{two.}
I just don't know WHY I am SO obsessed with BLUE this year!!  Our Christmas cards were blue, I've tried on several things that were blue...it's just one of those colors that I keep coming back to this holiday season.  So naturally, it would only make sense that I would fall in love with this dress!


{three.}
Need I say more about blue?  Gold polka dots are all the rage right now, too, so this blouse would be awesome for a sparkly night out.  I'm not sure I like it with the white pants, though.  What do you think?

{four.}
Y'all, I'm dying for a pair of faux leather leggings!  I really wanted a pair when I thought we were still going to the Cher concert, but then it was cancelled and I kinda let that dream die.  However, with the holiday season, that dream has resurrected itself and now I really, really, want a pair!  So perfect and classic.  You don't have to look like a Harley Davidson Queen in leather!

Faux Leather Front Leggings

{five.}
No one - and I mean no one - can ever go wrong in a LBD!  It's sophisticated and classic.



 And here's one for the road!  I saw this little NYE concoction a few weeks ago and remembered it just in time for this post!  Golden Tinsel Cocktail  Cheers!!

I hope you have a very, very HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

Even if you're too old to shmooze like me!  Ha!

THE GOOD LIFE BLOG

No comments:

Post a Comment