Here are my TOP 5 for the week! TOP 5 of what exactly? Heck if I know! But here it is!
1. Southern Plate had some GREAT Christmas inspiration and recipes this week! Check them out by clicking HERE. By the way, I bought Christy's latest cookbook, Come Home To Supper, last week when it was on sale at Amazon for less than $3! Yay me! I haven't had a chance to dive into it yet, but I loved her first cookbook and I think every Southern Diva oughta have it in their cookbook repertoire. Just sayin. And speaking of cooking, I served this recipe up for our department's Christmas brunch and everyone loved it! I've made it before for the fam and I think it would be great for Christmas morning with some hot buttered biscuits! I usually half the recipe. That's ALOT of grits, peeps!
2. I LOVE meeting new friends! Alise and I had the pleasure of meeting one of my blog readers on Tuesday as she and her daughter were passing through our quaint metropolis! We met at Chicfila and visited for a few minutes before they had to get back on the road - even though I don't have a picture to prove it!! So, shout out to Lauren!! Hi, Lauren! Such a sweet, sweet friend! Our visit was much too short! And just so you know, you can follow me on Instagram & Twitter! Those are my two favorite social medias.
By the way, did you see my post yesterday?! I really want some of my Blog Land friends to do this with me!! Pretty please!?
3. Alise has had a VERY busy social calendar this week - to have only gone to school for half days on Monday through Wednesday! Monday night, was her school's Christmas program. Tuesday was a class field trip and a double birthday party for two of her best friends - Harry Potter style - and Wednesday was her class Christmas party plus another art lesson and tumbling practice! I'm pooped!!
Every year since PreK3, Alise has worn the same pair of Christmas antlers to her Christmas parties at school. I thought we were about to be in meltdown mode Wednesday morning when we couldn't find them, but we did! She looks upset in PreK3, but trust me, she's fine. She just never smiled back then and it KILLED me!! Now we're in the "goofy slash silly" stage!
4. Somebody please pinch me because I think I'm having a mental lapse in judgement, but I'm considering having some of Alise's close friends over for a NYE party! Yea! Crazy idea, right? We'll see how I feel two weeks from now! Ha! But there are some really cute ideas on Pinterest! Here are some of my favorite ideas.
The thing is, I really don't want kids at my house for SIX HOURS!! I tend to get a little jealous and probably around 10:00, it will hit me that all the other moms and dads are having a hi-ho night on the town and drinking champagne while I'm babysitting! Make sense?
5. And last, but certainly not least, my hair. Thank you, Sweet Jesus, I am getting it cut. off. tomorrow!! I found a gray hair a few weeks ago. Now, you might think I was in melt down mode about that, but it wasn't the first time. The FIRST time was right before my thirtieth birthday. THAT, my friends, was full-fledged melt. down. mode! And the whole reason why I will continue to color my hair until God no longer makes hair color. Professional hair color. So, yea! The gray hair didn't bother me. What bothers me is that the volume and height I use to have is gone! Just call me a flat head. I hate it. I'm just not a flat head kinda girl! I lived in the 80's and 90's. I like BIG HAIR!! So anyway! I'm due a color and cut tomorrow.
Seems like Big Mama and I are having the same kinda hair issues, too. You can catch up about her "bangs rant" HERE! When I saw this on my FB feed yesterday, I started to send it to her!
Y'all have a GREAT last-weekend-before-Christmas!! I'm off to Betty Crocker World and maybe a date night thrown in there, too!