Monday, December 08, 2014

December 6th & 7th - Counting 1,000 Gifts

Displaying IMG_222097769129777.jpeg

Happy Monday!  I hope you had a great weekend!

If you've been keeping up with my "Counting 1.000 Gifts" posts, then you know I'm behind. I told y'all this was HARD!  On Friday, I knew '3 gifts of silver' would be hard.  Mainly because I was in professional education all day that day and it just didn't happen.  I did post my '3 gifts sweet' on IG Saturday night, but I didn't save the collage and so I don't have it to post here.  But let me just say for the record, that if you didn't list at least one food related item for Saturday, then I just don't know what to think about you!  Ha!

Here are my '3 Gifts From Your Savior'!

1.  Family
2.  Hope
3.  Health


Okay so I may have spoke a little too soon on Friday with my Top 5 Favorite Books for 2014!  When I wrote it, I had just downloaded a new Christmas book to my Kindle.  I read it in a day!!  It. was. awesome!!!  The name of the book was The Mistletoe Promise by Richard Paul Evans.  It's a Christmas read and the perfect book for the season!  It made me cry and made my heart smile, too.  Let me know what you think!

We had a very low key weekend.  Wayne worked late Friday night.  We may have started a new Friday Family Night ritual called, Friday Family, French Toast Night!  We had French Toast and bacon for supper!  Here's my recipe!  It's SO easy!!

French Toast
2 eggs
1/2 cup of milk
1/4 teaspoon of vanilla extract
6 slices of white bread
powdered sugar
syrup

Beat eggs, milk, and vanilla in a bowl.  Melt butter in a skillet over high heat.  Dip bread in egg mixture.  Cook 2-3 pieces at one time.  Cook 3-4 minutes on each side.  Sprinkle with powdered sugar and syrup.  Enjoy!

On Saturday, I finished my Christmas shopping!  Woohoo!  And so much earlier this year, too!! Now all I need to do is WRAP!!  Wayne went hunting that morning, so we all met for lunch at Buffalo Wild Wings.  NOT my favorite place in the whole wide world, but Wayne and Alise have been wanting wings for so long - to the point that they ordered some one night from Pizza Hut! - bleh! - so it was really my idea because I wanted them to get the whole "wing thing" out of their system!  I had a burger.  Alise played trivia and actually won a round, with our help, of course!  We got home in time to watch Bama claim the SEC Champs title!  Roll Tide!!

On Sunday we went to church and I made supper for a friend who just went through a double transplant and his family.  I made gumbo and a chocolate pie.  Wish I had a slab of that chocolate pie right now!

This morning, I was in the drive thru line at Sonic and when I pulled up to pay for my daily order of a large Diet Coke with extra ice, the cashier told me that the lady in front of me had already paid for it.  He said she told him to tell me, "Happy Monday!"  I was shocked and thrilled all at the same time!  I've never had someone do that for me before, but I plan on paying it forward very soon!

1 comment:

  1. That sounds like the perfect way to start a Monday morning. How nice!

    ReplyDelete