Thursday, December 04, 2014

December 3rd - Count 1,000 Gifts

Displaying IMG_222097769129777.jpeg

Three Gifts Shining


Okay.  I'm not gonna lie.  This is HARD!  Especially when there's a part of you that wants to be unique and personalize each gift.  I mean com'on!  Stars shine.  The moon shines.  Lights shine.  Candles shine.

But today's challenge made me question myself: Do I shine?  Does my life point others to Jesus?

{one.} O Christmas Tree.  So exactly what kind of Bah-Humbug would I be if I didn't include a picture of our Christmas tree?!


Displaying 20141116_093145-1.jpg

Displaying 20141119_183403.jpg

This is a new tree for us this year and I feel like it's actually growing right in our living room! It just seems like it's getting bigger and bigger every day!  I bought this tree in January for $35.  It retailed for $299.99, so of course it's BIG!  This is also our first pre-lit tree and is it just me or are the lights a different color on pre-lit trees than they are on others?  The lights on this tree are more yellow-y and it's something I've had to get use to.  So here's to SHINING, yellow-glowing Christmas trees decked in red and lime green!  

{two.}  I love candles on birthday cakes!  When I turn 50, I'm gonna have 50 candles on my cake!  Now, it may take me 50 tries to blow them all out, but I'm gonna do it!  I love getting to see Alise blow out the candles on her birthday cake every year!  I hold my own breath to see if she can blow them all out with one breath!  So SHINING candles remind me of Jesus' birthday!  When Alise was younger, we would make a birthday cake for Jesus at Christmas time and I would let her decorate it any way she wanted to.  One year, a whole bottle of sprinkles ended up on Jesus' cake!  I'm sure He didn't mind.  Those are wonderful memories.



{three.} Our first Christmas card.  Just when I thought I was going to have to dig REALLY deep to come up with a third gift for today, we received our first Christmas card in the mail.  And guess what?!  It SHINED!!
Displaying 20141203_184236-1.jpg

Can you see the sparkles on the card?  When I opened the envelope, I gasped!  I knew right then that it was my third gift!  It was a God thing.

Count your gifts.  Name them one by one.  And it will surprise you what the Lord has done!

No comments:

Post a Comment