Friday, November 21, 2014

Friday Top 5

Happy Friday, Everyone!

This week, I'm back to posting with my original idea of Friday Top Five!  When I came up with the idea a few months ago, I wanted my Friday post to be about my top favorite blog reads from the week.  That way, for those of you that read here, you might find some new blogs to read that might interest you!  I'm all about finding new blogs and making new friends!  Anyhoo, some weeks the idea works and some weeks it doesn't due to interest or lack of time, or whatevah.  But I think this week, I'm introducing you to some really fun blogs so READ ON! 

{one.} A few weeks ago, I found a new blog that I'm loving, The Queen in Between. Lately, I've really been wanting to find some bloggers that are more my age (no offense to the younger crowd) and like to write about some of the same things I'm interested in.  Shelly is so down-to-earth and likes to write about her kids, her passions, and fashion - same as me!  I just know we could BFFs!  It doesn't hurt that she's from my neighboring state to the left {...to the left...little Beyonce thrown in there!}. Last week, she posted this GREAT post with some amazing ideas for Christmas and I loved everything she mentioned.  Click HERE to check it out!

{two.}  Speaking of Christmas, after I read this blog post this  week, I was ready to get gussied up and head out to a PARTY!!  I loved all of Jo-Lynne's looks - right down to the OPI nail polish!  She suggested some really cute dress alternatives in modern fashion and design. Be sure to check out her post - especially if you have a fancy-shmancy party coming up for the holidays!  SOMEBODY!  PLEASE!  Invite me to a party so I can get gussied up!!

{three.}  I've been reading Confessions of a Cookbook Queen's blog for several years!  This week, she's teaming up with some other bloggers to host a reader's appreciation giveaway. The giveaway package includes a Le Creuset roaster and the total value is over $800!!  Take my word for it!  Go HERE to register!!  Hurry!  The give away ends tomorrow!

{four.}  This fav comes to you via a blog-of-a-blog.  Kinda like a friend-of-a-friend.  I was reading Get Your Pretty On  this week and she mentioned this great graphic from History in High Heels about mixing patterns and print.  I'm keeping this little jewel in a nice place! Although I am not very "bold" in my print matching, I do like to mix and match from time to time.  I'd consider myself a an "intermediate" - two prints together at max, and on a good day, I might be an "expert".  Ha!!  So what level of print matching are you?  And I love, love, LOVE Rule #3!  Leopard is always a neutral!

{five.}  Ok so this last fav isn't really a blog link, but it showed up yesterday in my Pinterest feed and I really did laugh out loud.  I know "Frozen" is all over the place in the stores for Christmas and a part of me wishes that Alise was still into it so it would make my Christmas shopping alot easier, but I hafta side with my daughter:  I'm over "Frozen."  If you have a little girl, ENJOY IT WHILE YOU CAN because when they turn about nine, the party and animation ends!  Just sayin.  But what I'm NOT over, is the cold temps.  What can I say?  I'm a winter person.  I like my fire, and blankets, and layers, and boots.

Hahaha frozen humor

I hope you have a WONDERFUL Thanksgiving week!  Gobble till you wobble, y'all!!


 photo db7528c5-a5c8-4eb0-9519-22997b018248_zps7d56832d.jpg


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the blog links. I love discovering new blogs!

    ReplyDelete