Friday, November 14, 2014

Friday Top 5

Here we go!  Friday Top 5 it is!

{one.}  If ever my Friday Top 5 favorites were ranked, this would be the week!  Y'all!  Omg!  I just don't even know where to begin!  I told y'all last week that I was at Mistletoe Market in Jackson, right?  Well, for lunch, they had several vendors that specialized in certain cuisine. Like a salad and sandwich vendor was there and an all-things-fried vendor, and so on. Whell!  I decided on the "Cajun" vendor because I had seen someone with a bowl of red beans and rice - and I'm not really a RB&R person, except for my own personal recipe, but I digress.  At the last minute, I decided to get the Crab Cake Slider and when I took a bite, I thought I'd died and gone to heaven!!  Y'all, it was so darn yummy!  And I'm not even a crab cake person!  Well, I wasn't until that bite!  I told Wayne when I got home that we needed to try making the sliders this spring and summer when seafood is fresh and he agreed!  So what's a girl to do when she wants to recreate a yummy dish?  She finds it on Pinterest!  And that's what I intend to do!  So kudos to some yummy, yummy Crab Cake Sliders!

{two.}  And speaking of Pinterest, last week I saw this and it is SO ME!!  I'm such a slacker when it comes to moving our elf, Jack!  Alise may or may not believe in Santa anymore, but she still believes in that stupid elf!!  I dread bringing that thing out again this year!  Wayne and I nearly have to do rock/paper/scissors to determine whose turn it is to move it!
Daily Elf on the Shelf ideas - for slackers!

{three.}  I am absolutely LOVING these winter temps we're having right before the holidays!  We've had fires in the fireplace - no gas logs in our casa - several times this week and it is OH SO nice!  The only thing missing is......

{four.}  A Christmas tree!!  Yep!  I plan on putting mine up this weekend!  When I told my mom my plans, she said, "Already?"  But this is about the time of year that it normally goes up.  I'm even more excited because I bought a new pre-lit tree last year after Christmas for like $30 bucks! The tree was normally like close to $300, so I feel like I got a steal-of-a-deal!

{five.}  Garth Brooks.  Need I say more?  We're going to see him perform in Little Rock on the 13th of December.  He came to Monroe while I was in college, but I didn't get to see him and he has always been on my Bucket List.  I am so excited about finally getting to see him with my husband!  And speaking of concerts, Taylor Swift will be in Shreveport around Alise's birthday.  We're going to try and surprise her with tickets.  "Try" is the key word!  I refuse to pay more for Taylor Swift than we did for our Garth tickets.  The Cher concert that we were suppose to go to this weekend has been postponed.  I don't know why, but I see it being put off until after the holidays.

Have a great weekend, everybody!  Roll Tide and let the decorating begin!!!

3 comments:

  1. Sometimes I think elf on the shelf would have been fun, but then I remind myself it's every night for a month. Kind of glad we missed that fad :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That dang Elf...I'm trying to embrace it as I know my littlest loves it but good night I'm so over it! I saw Garth in College Station in like 2000...and he puts on a super show!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog. I'm so glad you mentioned the Taylor Swift concert! My daughter is the biggest fan, and I didn't know the tour dates had been announced. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete