Sunday, November 16, 2014

Better Late Than Nevah

So some of you that take the time to read my blog - THANK YOU! - have asked about my hiatus from Monday Menu Planning.  Ahem.  Whell...let me just say that it is what it is!  I'm taking a hiatus until after the holidays.  Trust me.  You're not missing anything and I PROMISE - cross my heart, hope to die - that if I make anything NEW and DELICIOUS, you will be the first to hear about it!  But I have to say that the real hiatus started when Wayne was off work for three weeks.  He was home and made a few meals, but most nights we just wondered around the kitchen to each his own, ya know?  Stay tuned, though, because I'm planning a Friday Top 5 post of my top five Christmas goodies for gift giving or just simply eating yourself!  When it comes to food, it's okay to be a Scrooge!  Hey!  I like that!  It rhymes!

So there's no time like Thanksgiving to catch up on Halloween pics, right?  And since I've waited so late to post, there's no other feeling than rushing through just to say that you've mentioned it and posted pics, right?  Let's just say that we blew it out this year!  We partied for three days!  Talk about a Halloween Hangover!  Not really, but it sure felt like it!  Here are a few of my favorite pics:

 

 We've trick-or-treated with this Girlie and her family for EIGHT years!  So happy for traditions with friends!
 My zombie cookies for Alise's class Halloween party were a success!  Wayne even said they tasted good.  A Pinterest success!
 Another great Pinterest idea!  The kids loved making their own Halloween trash!

Alise and her Darth Vader class mate!  She and Franklin are great friends!  And Star Wars geeks!  Ha!!

This weekend, I put up our Christmas tree.  Those pics are still to come with a great post titled, The Fake Christmas Tree That Kept Growing and Growing and....!  I swear, our living room has shrunk by five feet this weekend!

I'm off to First Baptist Church West Monroe to see Boo Mama and Big Mama!  Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment