Monday, November 24, 2014

A Little Of This & A Little Of That

Happy Thanksgiving Week, y'all!  I hope you are enjoying time with your family and friends!

Call me crazy, but I've been letting Alise stay at home by herself a little bit during this holiday break.  She was out of school on Friday and stayed by herself.  Of course, I was calling her every two hours and my parents are only three miles away, so I was okay with it. This week, she'll stay the mornings by herself and then my mom will pick her up around lunch time for some fun at the mall, I'm sure.  Alise is a great kid and I am so fortunate that I can trust her to stay by herself.  However, this weekend, Wayne and I had a date night that involved dinner and a movie and we did get a babysitter for that!


 Displaying 20141122_171942-1.jpg
Can you see the bayou in the back?  Wayne was craving a steak that night.  Normally, on date nights, I throw the diet out the window, but I was good this time and ordered the baked fish and baked potato.

On Sunday, I took Alise to the mall to get her hair cut.  I feel like a new woman just having her bangs cut!  They were driving me mad and she was brushing them to the side so she could see and I think they were driving us both crazy!  Anyway, I stopped in a few stores while we were there and picked up a few presents.  I also picked up a few things for myself that I wanted to share!

Outfit of the day!  Aren't those orange and yellow leaves above the fence beautiful!?

Displaying 20141124_074624-2.jpg

I picked up the polka dot sweater at New York and Company.  Everything was 50% off yesterday!  I got three pieces for $75!  That's a steal-of-a-deal!  So this is what I wore to work today!  White jeans {Shh!  Don't tell my boss I'm wearing jeans!} the week of Thanksgiving???  I think so!  The only thing I don't have is a statement necklace, but oh well!  A girl can't have EVERYTHING ALL THE TIME!

Shame on me, y'all!  I'm nearly 42 years old and I've never bought MAC makeup.  And shame on me for making my daughter walk all the way to the other end of the mall yesterday to finally decide on a new red lipstick for the holidays!  I saw a discussion on IG last week regarding favorite MAC reds and I really wanted to try one.  Apparently, Russian Red and Ruby Woo are very popular and I was about to buy Russian Red -  had it in my hand - and the sales clerk showed me the MAC Red and so I decided to go with that one instead because it had more blue undertones!  I have it on in the pic above, but you can't really tell.  I like it and I thought $16 was a reasonable price {Although I have been known to buy a $30 tube of lipstick!}.



My own hair is driving me crazy!  The texture is changing and it has gotten so course and unruly on top.  I've always been able to "tease" the top to get the volume I need, but now it's a hopeless cause and I've chalked it up to going through the change.  In August, I toned the blonde down with a little color and low lights, but now I am tempted to just forget the highlights and color it.  Dark.  And I swear I had dark hair one year around Christmas time, but I can't seem to find a picture of it, so maybe it was only in my dreams.  This is the color I'm thinking about going to.



I haven't talked to Anna yet.  She may be like, "Oh, no, girl!"  You can't go there!  Ha!  I know it's just color, but do I even go there because come April 1st of 2015, I will be blonde again for our trip to Hawaii.  Gotta go to Hawaii as a blonde to have more fun!  Ha!  And if you haven't tried "the oil" at an Aveda salon, you don't know what you're missing!  I don't know the exact name, I only know it as "the oil" that Anna massages into my hair after she shampoos it and I walk out of the salon feeling like a million bucks!  It lasts on my hair for about two weeks!

My eye sight is going to hell in a hand basket, too!  Two years ago, my eyes were getting better.  Last year there was no change.  This year, I've managed to loose half a year worth of contacts, which could be a good thing, because I've got to schedule another appointment in January.  I feel like I can't see up close anymore.

But speaking of seeing, I'm reading Elin Hilderbrand's Christmas read, Winter Street.  It hasn't gotten very good reviews.  Word is the ending just ends.  Cuts off.  But so far it's really good.  At least I think so.

So that's what's going on in my world this Monday!  Sorry if I sound like a Debbie Downer because I don't mean to be.  It just is what it is!

No comments:

Post a Comment