Friday, October 24, 2014

Friday Top 4

Happy Friday, Everyone!

Let me just say that I don't think there is a single person who is more ready for this weekend than me, myself, and I!  This week has been a hard one!  So Mr. Horton is treating me to dinner and a movie tonight while Alise is at a slumber party.  We're planning to see "Gone Girl."  And nope!  I haven't read the book, but I know a little bit about it - except for the end, which I hear is very twisted.  I hope I'm not disappointed.

In the meantime, let's get to it!  Here's what I'm loving this week!

{one.} I am IN LOVE with Essie's Shearling Darling nail color this fall!!  For someone that really struggled with finding just the right color for the dark-is-darker trend, I'm excited!  I wanted to wear the darker polish colors, but I could never find one that looked good with my skin tone.  Now, in my opinion, the picture below shows the color to be a little more "redder" {Is that even a word?} than it really is.  On my nails, the color is a very dark chocolate/maroon color.  It isn't black, which was a color that I knew I definitely didn't want. From a die-hard OPI polish girl, you know it took alot to get me to try another brand and so far, I'm really impressed!  The color is long lasting and I can go two weeks between polish changes.  Try it and let me know what you think!



{two.}  I recently switched to an Aveda salon for my hair care needs and my stylist suggested I try their brand of shampoo and conditioner in their Be-Curly line.  I don't buy high end shampoo and conditioner, so I was a little leary of taking her up on it, but I did. And I'm loving the results!  My hair is more curly, not kinky, but I never thought it could get any curlier, and so much softer.

{three.}  And speaking of hair, I loved this post about hair color for Fall.  For the first time ever, I went darker for Fall this year and added some low lights.  It was nothing drastic and people hardly even noticed I had done anything - especially after the color lightened within a few weeks.  Now I'm even thinking about going a shade darker. "Yikes!" says this always-been-a-blonde girl!!

{four.}  I've heard of Lisa Leonard's jewelry before, but I don't own a piece. I'm not even sure how I came across her Nativity Scene, but for this collector of such, I was in love with it!  Unfortunately, I think the item has currently sold out.  However, be sure to check out her Christmas ornaments, too.  I may have to get my Nativity fix by purchasing an ornament instead.  I really like this one and I think it would make a great gift for Alise's teacher.

nativity ornament {pewter}
lisaleonardonline.com


Only four items on the list this week, but I keep telling myself there should really be five.  I feel like I'm forgetting something really, really important, ya know?  Oh, well.  I guess it can wait until next week!

Enjoy your weekend! 

2 comments:

  1. I love Lisa Leonard jewelry! I have a couple of pieces. Thinking about ordering the nativity ornament too!
    We are going on a date tonight too! Jo is hanging out experiencing college life with Josh!! Yikes!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE that polish and you know I LOVE me some dark polish!!

    ReplyDelete