Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Hodge Podge Wednesday


It's been a while since I've "hodge-podged," but I like the questions so much this week that I decided to play along.  You know what to do.

1. It's fall. Y'all. My favorite season of the year! What's something you love to do this time of year that makes you feel it's officially fall? And unrelated to that, do you ever say-'y'all'?  I say, "y'all" all the time because I'm a Southern Diva.  So anything that reads, "Happy Fall, Y'all," I'm buying it.  When I finally make the decision to pull out my boots, it's officially fall!  And with the much cooler temps we're having right now (high's in the low 80's), I'm this || close to pulling them out!  I'm a leggings and boots kinda Southern Diva.  I won't even mention what this low humidity is doing for my natural curly hair!

2. When did you last have a falling out with someone? Has it been resolved?  I had a falling out with my brother two Christmases ago.  Long story short, I spent more money on his kids for Christmas than his family spent on my one kid.  Now before you go crazy on me, there's more to the story.  So much more that I don't care to share or get into all the details.  But by comparison purposes, think Nordstrom versus The Dollar Tree.  Last year, I was still so angry that the cousins didn't even exchange gifts, which lead to my brother wanting to know why (Duh!).  We talked about it and made up.  The cousins will be exchanging gifts this year.  We decided to set a dollar limit for his two and my one.

3. A song you love with the word 'fall' in it's title?  Next Time I Fall (In Love) - Peter Cetera & Amy Grant 

4. What's something you've recently let 'fall by the wayside?' 

5. When did you last attend an event, read a book, watch a movie, try a new recipe, or visit a shop-town-tourist attraction that fell short of your expectations? In what way?  There is a particular costume that Wayne has been looking for for Halloween.  I can't say much because he doesn't want anyone to know what it is.  But it's one that any costume shop would have.  A few weeks ago, Wayne and I went to our local costume shop to check again to see if the manager had been able to find the costume for him. She was absolutely no help; she didn't even move from the chair she was sitting in!  Just told him, "Nope, haven't found it yet."  I think we'll be ordering it online.

6. Describe a time you said or thought, 'The apple doesn't fall far from the tree."  I know I've probably thought this recently, but I can't remember when.  

7. Was today better than yesterday? Why or why not?  Yes!  Because it's no longer Monday and we're one day closer to the first weekend of fall!!  Mondays are a bad day for our family.  But we survived!

8.  Insert your own random thought here.  Have I mentioned that I LOVE fall?!

A friend of ours in our Life Group just had a kidney and pancreas transplant late Saturday night.  This is so neat to me because I've never known anyone who has had a transplant before.  Especially TWO organs!  But Larry is doing great!  His wife posted a pic of him sitting in a chair 5 hours post-op and yesterday he was walking around the hospital!  God is so good! Keeping up with Larry and all that he's been through makes me glad that I'm an organ donor.

2 comments:

  1. So awesome about your friend! I didn't know they could do a pancreas transplant. Also, anyone can register to be a bone marrow donor. It's a wonderful way to help save a life! Nice to see you in the HP. I have to smile at your fall temps in the 80's : ) We are in the low forties when I get up in the morning. Still if you're normally in the 90's the low 80's must feel great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Organ transplants just amaze me! Such a wonderful gift. Glad he is doing well.

    ReplyDelete