Friday, August 01, 2014

August First

Hello August!

And Happy Birthday to my wonderful Daddy today!

By the time you're reading this, Wayne and I will probably be on our way headed to Alabama to pick up Baby Girl!  I can. NOT. wait to see her!  You can follow me on IG because I'll be posting pics from our trip there.  Last night when I face-timed Alise, she told me that Katie had told her that she was ready for Alise to go home.  I couldn't help but laugh!  Kids!  Yep! Sounds like the party's over!  Time to get back to reality and a routine.

Before we head out the door, I wanted to tell you about a FABULOUS book I finished earlier this week.  I don't read alot of non-fiction, Christian books because to me, there is not enough depth to them.  I'm not sure if that makes sense, but oh well.  Anyway, YEARS ago, I discovered Christian author Francine Rivers and if you have not read Redeeming Love, you need to run to where ever and get this book!  Like now!  It is WONDERFUL!  So to me, Redeeming Love is like my "standard" for rating books on Goodreads.  Until this week, RL was my favorite book, but now Rivers has come out with a new book called, Bridge to Haven and it's even better!  TEN STARS, peeps!!  I don't think I have ever cried or shook my head through a book so much before!

Here is what Goodreads has to say:

Product Details

To those who matter in 1950s Hollywood, Lena Scott is the hottest rising star to hit the silver screen since Marilyn Monroe. Few know her real name is Abra. Even fewer know the price she's paid to finally feel like she's somebody.

To Pastor Ezekiel Freeman, Abra will always be the little girl who stole his heart the night he found her, a wailing newborn abandoned under a bridge on the outskirts of Haven. Zeke and his son, Joshua--Abra's closest friend--watch her grow into an exotic beauty. But Zeke knows the circumstances surrounding her birth etched scars deep in her heart, scars that leave her vulnerable to a fast-talking bad boy who proclaims his love and lures her to Tinseltown. 

Hollywood feels like a million miles from Haven, and naive Abra quickly learns what's expected of an ambitious girl with stars in her eyes. But fame comes at an awful price. She has burned every bridge to get exactly what she thought she wanted. Now, all she wants is a way back home.

In this riveting and highly anticipated tale of temptation, grace, and unconditional love, "New York Times" best-selling author Francine Rivers delivers big-canvas storytelling at its very best.


If you decide to read it, let me know what you think!

Happy Friday!

1 comment:

  1. Enjoy your reunion with your daughter - hope it's sweet!

    ReplyDelete