Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Summer Slump

So I've been kinda MIA lately with blogging but it's not because I've actually been anywhere or that I'm busy doing something special.  We're just enjoying the long, lazy days of summer before school starts.  In approximately 3 weeks, 3 days, 14 hours, 19 minutes, and 2 seconds.  I kid.  I think.

I stand corrected!  We DID go to New Orleans last week and we took Baby Girl with us!  While I was in a seminar on Friday, Wayne and Alise got to pal around the city for the day.  They visited a friend that's doing missionary work this summer in downtown NOLA, went to the Children's Museum, and Alise got to go to Cafe Du Monde for the first time!  She's hooked on the sugary, sweet beignets!!  On the way home, we stopped and had dinner at Mindendorf's, which is a landmark seafood restaurant in Manchac, Louisiana, about fifteen miles from New Orleans.  I posted some pictures from the whirl wind trip on my Instagram account.  You can find me there as LauraHorton0120.

In other news, I'm really beginning to get concerned about these parents who are leaving their children unattended in hot cars while they get hair cuts, grocery shop, or even - Heaven help me - gamble!!  It's gotten so far as people taking one of their shoes off and putting it in the back seat as a "reminder" when they get out of the car that they need to take their kid with them!  Excuse me, but if you need to use your shoe to remind you that you have a kid in the back seat, then you don't need to be having kids!!  Good grief!  I've also heard about some of the videos that are going viral with people documenting staying in their cars to show how fast and high the temperatures get.  This is not news, people.  It's summer!

And what's with the movies this summer?  No good movies.  I'm over comic book capers. Give me a romantic comedy or a serious drama!  Anything to give me an excuse to chow down on popcorn and M&Ms, please!!

As I've said countless times over the last few weeks, I'm over summer.  No more summer clothes shopping or buying for me.  If you follow me on Pinterest, you may have noticed that I've already started pinning for Fall.  It can't get here fast enough!  I'm ready for boots and leggings!!

I see there are rumors regarding a second pregnancy for Kate Middleton.

I wish I had planned better this summer!  Next Friday, July 25th would be the PERFECT day to have a "Christmas In July Party"!!  Dang it!

I'm reading Mary Kay Andrews' new book, "Save The Date."  Why doesn't someone turn one of her books into a movie?

I need to do some research, but I've been hearing about this app called, "My Fitness Pal" or something like that.  I think it's a calorie counter and an activity counter as well.  I promise not to jump back on the weight wagon - only because I'm tired of talking about it and I know you're tired of hearing it - but I weighed less last week than I have all summer.  It just took me 4 months, 15 days, 2 hours, and 10 seconds to get there.

Peace out to my homies!  I mean, readers!

2 comments:

  1. We haven't really done anything this summer. We went to Missouri over 4th of July, but it was to visit my Grandma following her stroke. What is a vacation?

    I use the Lose It! app. I also have a Fitbit to track my steps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The summer is flying by and we have not really done anything either. I do love fall fashion and have started pinning outfits as well! Thanks for stopping by and commenting on my blog and hope you are enjoying the weekend!

    Jill
    dousedinpink.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete