Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Saying Good-bye

This past Saturday, we drove to Meredian, Mississippi {home of Sela Ward!}, to meet our Alabama cousins and drop off Baby Girl for the week!! To say this was a big deal for me would be an understatement.  The longest I've ever been away from her was five days for my 40th birthday cruise, so while I know she is in prefectly good hands with Doug and Mirya, I'm already missing her.  I started missing her when we crossed the Mississippi River Bridge in Vicksburg later Saturday evening on our way back home.  However, if you had asked me late Friday night as we were packing her up and all the drama and gnashing of teeth that was going on, I would have probably pushed her out the door!!  She was so excited about seeing Katie and Colton that she couldn't fall asleep Friday night!  I know she is going to have a BLAST in Alabama!!

Of course, Doug always chooses the restaurants for us.  He always knows where to eat.  So we met up at Weidmann's in Meredian.  It's the oldest restaurant in the state of Mississippi.  How he finds these places, I will never know but the food and atmosphere were wonderful!!  I loved the history of the building and their Chocolate Bottomless Pie did not disappoint!




We arrived at the restaurant a few minutes before the Mason's did so we went ahead and got a table.  We were just in time for brunch!  When Katie and Colton walked in, Alise's eyes just lit up and she and Katie hugged each other for a while!  I am so thankful and happy that our kids are so close!  Even quiet, little Colton started talking to us by the time our visit was over!



A pic of Me & Mi!  I'm not quite sure this lady knows what she's gotten herself into for the next few weeks, but she is AWESOME!!

After lunch, Alise got her ipad and hopped in the car with Katie and Colton!  We couldn't even get her to get out to give us a kiss and hug good-bye!  Mirya's been great about posting pictures on FB and IG, so we get to see what all they're doing.  They stopped in Tuscaloosa on the way home and went to the Children's Museum and made a quick stop of the UA campus!

Meanwhile, Wayne and I got home late Saturday evening.  We were in the bed before 10 o'clock and we didn't get up until 10 Sunday morning.  Can you say tired?  I can't remember when we've slept so long. We did absolutely nothing that day.  We even ordered a pizza and had it delivered.  The house is quiet.  No Disney channel.  So far, Alise has face timed us every night and she is having so much fun!!  And that makes being away from her a little easier.

2 comments:

  1. It's so nice to have FB and IG to keep up with all her fun. I am sure she will be missing you by the time you pick her up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the sweet compliment. They are having a great time. The key is to keep them busy. They don't have too much time to get really bored and into my hair. LOL!

    Like I said before, you are brave to be away from your baby girl for so long. I think you're doing awesome. Be assured, she's doing great. I try to post as much as possible to keep you reassured. I know I would like to know. :)

    Take care!

    ReplyDelete