Wednesday, July 09, 2014

Hodege Podge Wednesday

Ok.  So I played hookey last week and skipped HP.  But I'm back this week!  Here we go:

1. July is National Anti-Boredom Month. When was the last time you were bored? What's your go-to cure for boredom?
I can't remember the last time I was actually bored, however, my nine year old tends to suffer from it all the time.  My go-to would be to read.  I've read SO many good books lately!  I also enjoy baking and shopping when boredom sets in.

2. What's the last thing you made a reservation for?
We made reservations just the other night for a hotel room in New Orleans.  I have a continuing education class to attend and what started out as a nice romantic weekend get-away has turned into us taking the MiniMe, so....

3. What's one thing on your summer 'bucket list'? Any plans to make it happen?
We've pretty much done everything that was on our list.  Like I said in my post on Monday, July 4th marks the middle of summer, so by this time every year I'm dreading the heat and school starting back. Alise still has a few fun things to look forward to this summer like spending a week with her cousins in Alabama and going to the American Girl store in Atlanta.  She's really excited about that!

4. What's your favorite summertime sip?
Diet Coke?  Wayne makes a really good Raspberry Martini and if we're sitting outside by the pool or grilling on the weekend, I might ask him to make me one.

5. What do you find is the best way to handle another person's hostility and hopefully ease the tension?
On a good day, I listen and apologize if I've done something to cause the other person to be upset.  This is me like 98% of the time.  But then you have that 2% and the probability of catching me on a "bad day," and watch out!!  I'm not a confrontational person, really, but I do have my limits.

6. Your favorite film set in summer?
I'm not sure I understand this question.  Are we taking pictures or watching movies?  If we're taking pictures, I just push the button.  If we're talking about movies and it's summer time, then I guess I enjoy watching movies set at the beach.

7. What word are you using too much lately?
The word "crap," which I have to say beats the heck out of alot of words I COULD be saying!!  The problem is, Alise has picked up on it and I've caught her saying it a few times.  Gotta break that habit for her.  For me, that's an improvement!

8. Insert your own random thought here.
So I've been doing some research and I think I've got the weight thing figured out {why I walk three miles five days a week in the heat and humidity and have not lost any weight this summer}.  It's called getting older and decreased metabolism.  I'm going to do some more research and hopefully do a whole post on this problem.  What concerns me is when the time changes, winter comes, and I can no longer walk. Although I've managed to stay the same size, how will an even lower metabolism during the winter months affect my size and shape?  And I just want to say that I'm totally shocked by this {decreased metabolism}.  It came out of no where!  I'm 41 years old, but I don't feel like it, so for this to be like a "switch" that just got turned on, it's very discouraging.  CRAP!

2 comments:

  1. As I've gotten older I've had to cut calories too. Exercise alone isn't enough for me like it was in my 30's. Actually I never thought about my weight until I hit my mid 40's and woke up one day to a metabolism that had slowed to a near standstill. Its taken me a long time to find the right balance of exercise and eating. I cannot eat whatever I want like I used to. Boo! I still love going to the American Girl Doll Store : ) We pop in when we're in NYC sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The American Girl stores were just coming into existence towards the end of my girls years playing with the AG dolls. We did go to the one in Chicago and it was so much fun. I haven't saved many toys, but we do still have all the AG dolls, clothes and furniture.

    ReplyDelete