Monday, July 21, 2014

Hello Monday!

It's Mondaaaaay!  Wake up, peeps!  Let's get this party started!

Funny Pictures Of The Day – 65 Pics

Last week, I was reading back over my blog for the month and realized that it's been a looooong time since I've posted pictures.  I guess that's because I've been posting them on IG.  And even though the old saying is, "A picture's worth a thousand words..." I like to use WORDS!  LOTS of WORDS!  I like to describe things and give ya all the details.  So having said that, I plan to do a better job of posting pics here on my blog.

Now.

I've been blogging since 2006 and it's been neat to see how the blogging world has changed.  What started out as girls my age blogging about their family life and what their babies were doing has gone from home furnishing and decorating to cooking and recipes to NOW, fashion!  Of all things!  And I've done a little bit of it all - except the fashion part.  Like I've told you before, this is our family scrapbook first and foremost.  When I'm 80 years old, I sure hope the internet still exists because the only way I'm ever going to be able to show my grandchildren what their mother looked like at age 5 is via computer {I'm bad about taking pictures and not printing them!}. When we bought our house, I had a little decorating theme going for a while and then I got on the menu planning/cooking/recipes wagon - which I fully intend to get back on when school starts next month.  But this fashion thing has really stumped me.  Let me tell ya though, I LOVE the fashion blogs for women over 40!  Love, love, love them and I have my friend, Leigh, to thank for that because I really didn't know they existed until she told me about them.  Last summer - after my six month blogging hiatus - I posted some outfits, but I'm not wild about selfies and for some reason, the lighting in our home and my cellphone both suck when you try to use them at the same time, so my "fashion pics" - if you will - never turned out right {and I really, really hate to use that word and I don't normally say it, but it's the darn truth!!}.  I think what's lacking, though, with the fashion blogs are outfits for working women.  Hey!  We bring home the bacon!  So I guess my point with this really long paragraph is that I think I might start sharing some of my "over 40 working outfits" here on my blog!

What do you think?

Maybe I'll name it Fashion Friday like everybody else and just have one post dedicated to what I wore to work all week?

You have to understand.  I'm not a "look at me" kind of person.  I'm an introvert.  I like to stay behind the scenes, so posting pics of myself, even on my blog, is a beg step for me.  I guess what I'm trying to say is, look at the OUTFIT, not me!

I hope you have a GREAT Monday!

2 comments:

  1. You should definitely start posting outfits! I think there are so many people out there that look to blogs for inspiration and it's so fun to look at how different bloggers are styling the latest trends and everyday outfits!

    Jill
    dousedinpink.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!!!! I've been waiting for this!!

    ReplyDelete