Monday, June 16, 2014

Something About A Girl In A Red Sundress

Wayne and I have a get away planned in a few weeks to New Orleans.  Actually, it's work related for me and he just gets to tag along.  But I'm excited about having a long weekend away from home.  So the upcoming trip got me to thinking about a new dress. I haven't bought a new dress for summer this year yet and normally when we're out of town, we like to get dressed up for dinner.  We have some favorite spots we like to go in NOLA  like Mr. B's Bistro and The Bourbon House.  However, this time I'm hoping we can try some new restaurants.

So I got to thinking about this dress.  For the last two summers, I've bought white dresses and I DO love to wear white dresses in the summer, but I just don't need another.  Wayne likes for me to wear red.  Why, I have no idea.  I really don't wear alot of red, probably more in the winter time than summer.  But since he likes me in the color, I decided to get out of my comfort zone and try something new.  I googled 'red sundress' and here are a few that I found.

I love the style of this dress and the flowy overlay.  The dress criss-crosses in the back and I love it!  I wouldn't consider this a "sundress," maybe a little more "formal," but I really do like it.  And it's reasonably priced {After doing some later research, the dress and cowboy boots theme kinda stuck with me and I realize this dress isn't exactly made for cowboy boots}.

LULUS Exclusive This Twist, This Twist Wine Red Halter Dress
LuLus.com

Plain yet simple.  And because it's from Forever21, the dress is probably too short for me.  But this is kinda what I had in mind when I began my search.  This dress could be accessorized and look wonderful!   Good price, too.

Forever21.com

What can I say?  I'm a sucker for halter dresses!  They shout summer to me - and remind me of Marilyn Monroe!  Ha!  This dress is a little too revealing for me, but I love the style, the color, and the fabric.

Picnic in Paradise Dress
Modcloth.com

This dress is similar to one I already have, but I keep coming back to this style!  This one is a favorite.  I love the beading around the waist.  Again, maybe a little to formal for the option to wear with boots.

R&M Richards Sleeveless Beaded Keyhole Dress
Macy's.com

This one I included only because it's a fun looking dress.  It's not one that I would probably ever buy, but doesn't it have Betty Boop written all over it??

The Neyla Dress in Rouge
Modcloth.com

This one is more my style.  Disregard the color.  No room for orange in my wardrobe!  Love the rusching, the belted waist, and floral skirt.  I could do this.  In red, of course.

Artisan Iced Tea Dress in Hibiscus
Modcloth.com

This dress is more of a sundress style.  I'm a fan of the bare shoulder.  Would totally work with boots or sandles.

Mango Asymmetric Floral Print Dress, Red

JohnLewis.com

The next few dresses are similar in style and much more casual.  Totally perfect for an afternoon stroll or accessorized for an evening out.

Somethin' bout a girl in a red sundress....I'm gonna be that girl!! Hopefully! lol


Pinterest.com

"red sundress" by countrygirl327 on Polyvore
Pinterest.com

Red sundress with ruffle trim & figure flattering cinched waist ($44)
Pinterest.com

After reviewing all these dresses, I guess the biggest question I have for myself is do I want something a little more dressy or casual?  Either would would be fine and also perfect for our cruise in Hawaii next Spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment